X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Notre Dame leaves Hockey East for Big 10

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    Hooray!!!
    good riddance. To the surprise on no one even though we were just recently assured by the coach himself that all is good and HE is a great fit for ND, LOL. As far as the NBC deal? Bye Bye as well. Now we can get back all the games that NESN used to carry

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      If you can't tell how having access to a half billion dollar institution might increase resources for the other members (even if that half billion figure is fairly commonplace amongst CIC members), or allow for Rutgers to partner with other CIC members for other grants, then I don't know what to tell you.
      There is very little peer reviewed grant funding done under any partnership agreement. Why the focus on CIC? The AAU metrics are the most important aspect of maintaining academic status in the Big Ten.

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
        Quinnipiac to Hockey East and Holy Cross to the ECAC. Easy peezee.

But RIT will also have a good shot at the ECAC.
        I'm curious what makes HC a better fit for ECAC than RIT?
        RIT

Comment

WOW, didn't see this coming, but it makes sense for ND and B10.
          I doubt HE will miss them.
          Is B10 leaving that 8th spot open for ASU?
          Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
            RIT ticks all the boxes: arena, culturally/philosophically, rabid students, Liberty League, etc
            HC has advantages of geography and perhaps snob appeal

From RIT perspective however it would be no more NCAA tourney w/ an anemic Pairwise
            SLU65

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              good riddance.

this.

i'm not sure what i'll miss most about ND:
              the constant complaining, whether it be about travel, officiating, scheduling, whatever
              the sleep inducing brand of hockey Jackson teaches
              their goalie constantly kicking the net off

jcarter nails it. keep it at 11, lose the octo round

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                If you can't tell how having access to a half billion dollar institution might increase resources for the other members (even if that half billion figure is fairly commonplace amongst CIC members), or allow for Rutgers to partner with other CIC members for other grants, then I don't know what to tell you.
                So can you tell us why, if the grant money is so important, why weren't they made CIC members before joining the athletic conference?
                Originally posted by SJHovey
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  Oh, sure, they're going to just "shareies" the money. Like there's a God given specific big10 slush pool enshrined by congress.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                    Doesn't disrupt the travel partners as much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      So can you tell us why, if the grant money is so important, why weren't they made CIC members before joining the athletic conference?
                      All that BTN $$$ and football Conf championship $$$ is so small, Egypt they just give t away? Donate to needed folks?

So unimportant we're told
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

While I agree Notre Dame makes good sense in the Big Ten, I'm also confused about this misguided UConn venom in regard to its academics. Just look at the US News rankings of top public universities. UConn at No. 19 in the nation would rank No. 6 among the current 14-school Big Ten membership (behind Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Penn State, and Ohio State). Maryland is tied for No. 19. No one else in the Big Ten is in the top 20; a few are outside the top 40. There are plenty of AAU schools in all leagues that entered that invitation-only club as far back as 1900, when research measurables were quite different -- and if you stacked UConn's standard quality metrics against them today, UConn easily would rank in the 50th percentile of AAU schools. Plus, find me another university where the state has announced a $2B investment into STEM at its flagship school. You have a right to not like UConn, but the false disparaging of its academic profile makes no sense.

Comment

haha

Now HE fans are all butt hurt..

Comment

• Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                            haha

All that graduate research money and they can't cure reading comprehension disorder
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              ****, 90 minutes is a bad thing?

Minnesota fans do that to Duluth and Mankato all the time. And vice versa.
                              This is why HEA is such a great league. It's very plausible for a fan in the Boston metro area to attend an away game at most of the conference opponents on a Friday night after work and still make it to the home tilt the next day.

Then again, it can take 90 minutes to make it from Boston to North Andover on a friday night too if you don't plan right.

I'd also like Bentley in conference A) for selfish reasons since I live a mile from their campus, B) we could womp on them for a few years while they build up, C) Lots of alums in the area and D) They seem to have passionate fans despite their ****hole of a rink (see their active threads on this board)
                              Last edited by Yuppie Scum; 03-23-2016, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                                haha

?? No one really wanted them when they joined the league. Those who did regretted it after watching the first game with those hideous helmets out there on the ice. After that the fans left the forums because us HE fans were to mean, I mean I did offer them tissues....

Whats worse we brought in UConn because of them... and now we are still stuck with the UConn fans. Butt hurt...no. Today reading this has been one of the best days this year for me. Except the reminder we still have UConn.
                                Originally posted by Hokydad
                                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Working...
                                X