Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Notre Dame leaves Hockey East for Big 10

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
    Quinnipiac to Hockey East and Holy Cross to the ECAC. Easy peezee.
    What the hell is peezee?
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      What the hell is peezee?
      Just use your imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        What the hell is peezee?
        It's the fiery Z that Zoro makes with his other sword.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          If UNO left, I'd like to see the NCHC go pick off Mankato State from the WCHA and the leave ASU to the WCHA. Picking up Mankato would be a much better deal for the majority of the NCHC, both in travel costs and tournament attendance - assuming the three-league tournament never comes to pass.
          You can't put both Alaska schools and ASU in the same conference. The pain has to be shared at least a little but.

Comment

Jesus, give it a rest dx. My god.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
              You can't put both Alaska schools and ASU in the same conference. The pain has to be shared at least a little but.
              Why? The NCHC was formed for the very reason of preserving the specific schools that joined the conference from the word Go with the B16 Mistake's creation. Courting Mankato State over ASU would fit inline with that business model to the T.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Why? The NCHC was formed for the very reason of preserving the specific schools that joined the conference from the word Go with the B16 Mistake's creation. Courting Mankato State over ASU would fit inline with that business model to the T.
                I get it. It totally makes sense for NCHC, which is why I don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                  Jesus, give it a rest dx. My god.
                  He's not wrong on his key points, though. Football may very well have determined that more schools come in, but who those schools were and whether they'd meet the CIC's requirements don't come down to sports.

Otherwise I'm not sure how you explain that Rutgers and Maryland were the best choices to bring in the last go around, as between the two of them they add (at most) some basketball clout.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    He's not wrong on his key points, though. Football may very well have determined that more schools come in, but who those schools were and whether they'd meet the CIC's requirements don't come down to sports.

Otherwise I'm not sure how you explain that Rutgers and Maryland were the best choices to bring in the last go around, as between the two of them they add (at most) some basketball clout.
                    Maryland and Rutgers were brought in specifically and ONLY so that the BTN can charge in market rates for NYC, Baltimore, and DC metro areas.
                    Purely for money, no other competitive reason

End of story...follow the money

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Or got BTN on basic cable in NYC/DC
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                        The BTN makes some $30 million annually per school. That's cute.

Rutgers alone generates over a half billion (with a B) in research grants a year.

So yeah... follow the money.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Rutgers alone generates over a half billion (with a B) in research grants a year.

Ummm
                          They were getting that 1/2 billion anyhows, yes?

The $20mm is new.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                            Maryland and Rutgers were brought in specifically and ONLY so that the BTN can charge in market rates for NYC, Baltimore, and DC metro areas.
                            Purely for money, no other competitive reason

Maryland and Rutgers gave the Big Ten Network new markets in the tri-state New York area and along Baltimore-Washington, D.C. beltway. We are talking about a massive volume of TV sets in the East Coast corridor and a windfall for BTN and the Big Ten. Moreover, Rutgers raised BTN’s profile in New York on cable providers such as Cablevision, Comcast and Time Warner Cable.

In addition, the expanded conference footprint in the East Coast corridor led to increased subscriber fees raising more revenue for the network. With the number one and number seven TV markets in tow, Big Ten Network was able to charge more in advertising rates (:30 sec/$4-5000 similar to ESPN and SEC network) and brought in marketers that buy time on the net throughout the year like State Farm, Buffalo Wild Wings, Dr. Pepper, T-Mobile, Microsoft, etc.

Can't disagree with you...follow the $$,$$$,$$$.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

That will most likely increase to 40M per school after contract negotiations after the 2016-17 basketball season.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Ummm
                                They were getting that 1/2 billion anyhows, yes?

The $20mm is new.
                                If you can't tell how having access to a half billion dollar institution might increase resources for the other members (even if that half billion figure is fairly commonplace amongst CIC members), or allow for Rutgers to partner with other CIC members for other grants, then I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

Working...
                                X