PDA

View Full Version : NCAA West Regional: St. Cloud State/Ferris State, Boston U/Denver

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Tipsy McStagger
03-22-2016, 04:32 PM
Not much to talk about here. I think there is already a consensus that St. Cloud is going to breeze right through this regional. But if you feel like it, go ahead and explain why your team will not just be another piece of red meat tossed to the beast that is the St. Cloud State hockey team.

hockeyplayer1015
03-22-2016, 05:24 PM
Couldn't even win their conference. Ferris rolls to Tampa (again).

St. Clown
03-22-2016, 05:30 PM
SCSU will end FSU's season. DU will take out Bahston U. After that, it's a real slobber knocker between DU and SCSU, with SCSU winning 4-2 due to an ENG. Then it comes down the truly interesting game of SCSU and the UNDies in Tampa. QU takes it all, regardless of who they play for the championship.

manurespreader
03-22-2016, 05:58 PM
SCSU will end FSU's season. DU will take out Bahston U. After that, it's a real slobber knocker between DU and SCSU, with SCSU winning 4-2 due to an ENG. Then it comes down the truly interesting game of SCSU and the UNDies in Tampa. QU takes it all, regardless of who they play for the championship.
well you had me to the end there. But I do agree, St Cloud is the class of the regional.

Bomber
03-22-2016, 06:07 PM
Not much to talk about here. I think there is already a consensus that St. Cloud is going to breeze right through this regional. But if you feel like it, go ahead and explain why your team will not just be another piece of red meat tossed to the beast that is the St. Cloud State hockey team.

Breeze? I'm thinking Hurricane of Huskies! I mean with their NCAA pedigree and mad skillz, just book those Tampa tix now baby!

chickod
03-22-2016, 06:37 PM
Breeze? I'm thinking Hurricane of Huskies! I mean with their NCAA pedigree and mad skillz, just book those Tampa tix now baby!

I'll take the Terriers plus four goals.. :D

Tipsy McStagger
03-22-2016, 07:11 PM
Couldn't even win their conference. Ferris rolls to Tampa (again).
According to the standings I am looking at, none of these teams won their conference.

ThePowerConference
03-22-2016, 08:34 PM
The St Cloud/Ferris St matchup looks like a complete mismatch on paper. That doesn't mean jack sh** though. I saw Mankato lose to RIT last season. Didn't Denver and BU play each other this season? Not sure that means much now.

The Rube
03-22-2016, 11:10 PM
General info: the only lot that doesn't mind tailgating is the lot between the DQ lot and the old lot (Forepaugh's). Still need some schmoozing. (GPL worked that sh* this past weekend)

Forget Reid's, head to Burger Moe's. Food is decent, and the craft beer list is awesome. If you're looking for top notch food, then the Liffey or Cosetta's are the places to go. If you want to hike a bit, Mickey's Diner is an awesome greasy spoon.

Scarlet
03-22-2016, 11:13 PM
BU is having its pre-game get together for family/alumni/friend at Tom Reid's.

The Rube
03-22-2016, 11:15 PM
BU is having its pre-game get together for family/alumni/friend at Tom Reid's.

It's a fun bar...but it's still *just* a sports bar, if you get what I'm saying. I was there on St Pat's Day, had a good time.

BUPhD
03-22-2016, 11:17 PM
I'm just here for some of that Western hockey smack talk.

The Rube
03-22-2016, 11:19 PM
I'm just here for some of that Western hockey smack talk.

BC isn't in St Paul, dude. You've been had.

mookie1995
03-22-2016, 11:24 PM
Still on the fence.....

St. Clown
03-22-2016, 11:26 PM
It's a fun bar...but it's still *just* a sports bar, if you get what I'm saying. I was there on St Pat's Day, had a good time.

Yeah, but it's a hockey sports bar, which is saying something.

BUPhD
03-22-2016, 11:27 PM
BC isn't in St Paul, dude. You've been had.

So they're like 800 feet from the St. Paul city limits line?

The Rube
03-22-2016, 11:27 PM
Yeah, but it's a hockey sports bar, which is saying something.

This is true. Just don't expect anything for food/drink that rises above. That's all I'm saying.

The Rube
03-22-2016, 11:28 PM
So they're like 800 feet from the St. Paul city limits line?

From what I hear, that's a day trip for you Easterners. :p

St. Clown
03-22-2016, 11:29 PM
This is true. Just don't expect anything for food/drink that rises above. That's all I'm saying.

Very true.

I've only been to Burger Moe's once, but it was pretty good stuff. The staff was overwhelmed that night - unexpectedly busy, they told us. My memory could be off here, but I thought it was actually owned by Tom Reid.

BUPhD
03-22-2016, 11:31 PM
From what I hear, that's a day trip for you Easterners. :p

I might get a cab if the green line is running slow for that.