• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 WCHA Offseason; It's All Over, Save Ferris

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
    Men's Ice Hockey APR, 2014-2015
    [four-year rolling avg.: 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14 and 2014-15]
    MTU, 966 (Last)
    Times are changing at Michigan Tech. We went from being the perennial doormats of playing hockey to the perennial doormats of graduating hockey players. I guess if the kids come to Tech to play hockey and then leave as soon as they are done playing hockey that is up to them.
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      Times are changing at Michigan Tech. We went from being the perennial doormats of playing hockey to the perennial doormats of graduating hockey players. I guess if the kids come to Tech to play hockey and then leave as soon as they are done playing hockey that is up to them.
      Ryan J
      What exactly are the criteria for the rating anyways?
      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

I wonder how much of UAH's burn is related to the big cut we had after 2013-14. I don't really remember guys not finishing either side of that — during the independent years, the kids were generally not going anywhere after that.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all of those scores, for the whole league pretty dang good when compared with college athletics as a whole? What kind of reference is there to use to make sense of what they mean? What does "990" tell us?
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

930 represents an approximate graduation rate of 50% and is the cutoff for potential penalties by NCAA.

NCAA easily provides APR from 2004-2005 through 2014-2015.

Michigan Tech's APR has been trending down recently...but without all the coaching turnover, I thought they'd stabilize in the 980s, they were there from 2009 through 2013 but the last 2 have been low.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all of those scores, for the whole league pretty dang good when compared with college athletics as a whole? What kind of reference is there to use to make sense of what they mean? What does "990" tell us?
              Http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...s_20160420.jpg
              Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                930 represents an approximate graduation rate of 50% and is the cutoff for potential penalties by NCAA.
                I would love to see the number for a top level D-I basketball program. With half their team leaving after one or two years, every year, there is either a major loop hole or they roster a ton of kids that never play to get the numbers up.
                Ryan J

Comment

Comment

Marquette's Lakeview Arena, the original home of the NMU Wildcats, has made the finals for KraftHixkeyville USA. On Monday & Tuesday vote online at KraftHockeyville.com & by phone texting "Lakeview" to 35350 and at KraftHockeyville.com. You can vote 50x on your phone and 50x online per day for each emails
                    address.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      You can vote 50x on your phone and 50x online per day for each emails address.
                      One hundred votes per day...Clearly the NHL didn't learn anything from the NHL All-Star voting process.

Rumor has it that if Lakeview Arena wins, the NHL will ask if the rink feels their fans would be proud and the rink will be then immediately relocated to Peru where it will be used to host craft shows and minor league rodeos.

Ryan J

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        One hundred votes per day...Clearly the NHL didn't learn anything from the NHL All-Star voting process.

Rumor has it that if Lakeview Arena wins, the NHL will ask if the rink feels their fans would be proud and the rink will be then immediately relocated to Peru where it will be used to host craft shows and minor league rodeos.

Ryan J
                        thanks for the tech intelligence
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

Ryan J
                          That's funny!

And sadly, I could see Bettman giving Lakeview the John Scott treatment.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

Rumor has it that if Lakeview Arena wins, the NHL will ask if the rink feels their fans would be proud and the rink will be then immediately relocated to Peru where it will be used to host craft shows and minor league rode
                            Interestingly they do NOT show a vote total.

More worrisome is what the city will use the money for. The city in general only sees Lakeview as a money drain.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              That's funny!

And sadly, I could see Bettman giving Lakeview the John Scott treatment.
                              Well, we know that Herr Bettman HATES the Red Wings , and Lakeview is in Michigan, whereas South Dakota is a potential developing market in his eyes. Conspiracy confirmed!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Well, we know that Herr Bettman HATES the Red Wings
                                You may have noticed that he moved the Red Wings to the Eastern Conference... All part of his master plan to eventually relocate the Red Wings to Nova Scotia as an expansion team in the Federal Hockey League...
                                Ryan J

Comment

Working...
                                X