Yale/Lowell East Regional (3/26) - Ivy v Public

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yale/Lowell East Regional (3/26) - Ivy v Public

Well here it is. The rematch of the 2013 National Semi-Final in a year many fans and others had Lowell winning at all. Then comes along Yale, squeaking into the tournament and proceeds to take the title after barely getting by Lowell in OT despite Lowell playing their absolutely worse game of the season. Many Lowell fans see this game as unfinished business from back then and hope Lowell returns the favor from 2013.

Albany's easy to get to so I would expect many Lowell fans to make the trek as they travel in large numbers. The last three regionals Lowell's been in have been jammed with Lowell fans and would expect nothing less here. Unfortunately the holiday weekend will probably eat into some of those numbers (thanks NCCA), especially whoever is in Sunday's regional final (although the 7:30 start could allow fans to get there after whatever family activities take place earlier on the day).

Looking forward to a fun weekend!
    Last edited by riverchief1; 03-20-2016, 01:38 PM.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Re: Yale/Lowell East Regional (3/26) - Ivy v Public

Janet Wu vs Mish Michaels
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

2013 not 2014. Amazing that 3/4 of the 2013 frozen four is in the Albany regional.
      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
        2013 not 2014. Amazing that 3/4 of the 2013 frozen four is in the Albany regional.
        Crazy, it'll be a reunion!

Thanks on date catch, they blur together after awhile.
        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
          somehow I don't think Albany will be as great of a town as Pittsburgh was
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
            Then comes along Yale, squeaking into the tournament and proceeds to take the title after barely getting by Lowell in OT despite Lowell playing their absolutely worse game of the season.
            Wonder why Lowell played their worst game of the season. Maybe because Yale absolutely dominated. That game should have never been close.

Comment

Lowell was outshot by Yale 47 to 18 in 2013, why do you think Hellebuyck received the third star, he was the only guy that kept Lowell in the game. Then the D left him hanging at the end. Water over the dam now, but lets call a spade a spade. I would have to call Lowell the favorite in this game as well. Should be a fun weekend.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                Lowell was outshot by Yale 47 to 18 in 2013, why do you think Hellebuyck received the third star, he was the only guy that kept Lowell in the game. Then the D left him hanging at the end. Water over the dam now, but lets call a spade a spade. I would have to call Lowell the favorite in this game as well. Should be a fun weekend.
                Revenge or "unfinished business" is fun talk for the fans, but most of the players on both teams that played in 2013 are long gone. Plus, it is very hard to get satisfying revenge for a National Semifinal game loss with a win in the first round 3 years later. Unless you go on to win it all, I guess. Agree that Lowell should be the favorite, though.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
                  Revenge or "unfinished business" is fun talk for the fans, but most of the players on both teams that played in 2013 are long gone. Plus, it is very hard to get satisfying revenge for a National Semifinal game loss with a win in the first round 3 years later. Unless you go on to win it all, I guess. Agree that Lowell should be the favorite, though.
                  If not "the 2013 revenge bracket" this bracket should be called "the bracket the NCAA doesn't give 2 shats about."
                  It's a shame QU (the #1 overall seed) doesn't get the respect to be placed in Worcester which is a quick drive up 91 and 84.
                  Instead they get moved to a venue much closer to their opponent.
                  On top of that playing a game 7:30pm on Saturday and then again on Easter Sunday tells me the NCAA figured they would be able to fill up Worcester with Boston based fans and in essence forget about Albany bracket.
                  Last edited by yalehockeyfan; 03-20-2016, 07:26 PM.
                  -------------
                  Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                    If not "the 2013 revenge bracket" this bracket should be called "the bracket the NCAA doesn't give 2 shats about."
                    It's a shame QU (the #1 overall seed) doesn't get the respect to be placed in Worcester which is a quick drive up 91 and 84.
                    Instead they get moved to a venue much closer to their opponent.
                    On top of that playing a game 7:30pm on Saturday and then again on Easter Sunday tells me the NCAA figured they would be able to fill up Worcester with Boston based fans and in essence forget about Albany bracket.
                    Stop whining. There's not a lot of difference from Hamden to Worcester/Albany relatively speaking. So you would expect THREE fanbases 40 miles or less from Worcester to drive another 100 miles to Albany? To accommodate one team? Yeah...that makes sense. And you're saying the RIT fans wouldn't drive down the pike if they were in Worcester? Man...good thing you don't live in the West where you would have to drive hours to almost every game.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      Stop whining. There's not a lot of difference from Hamden to Worcester/Albany relatively speaking. So you would expect THREE fanbases 40 miles or less from Worcester to drive another 100 miles to Albany? To accommodate one team? Yeah...that makes sense. And you're saying the RIT fans wouldn't drive down the pike if they were in Worcester? Man...good thing you don't live in the West where you would have to drive hours to almost every game.
                      It might be whining if I was a QU fan. Yale has zero say in where they go. And you prove my point in your comments. NCAA says that it is all about putting the top overall seed as close as possible to home. There aren't supposed to be exceptions for "a couple of other non-hosting schools would have to drive further." At least on paper this isn't supposed to exist. See you Saturday in Albany!
                      -------------
                      Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

It might be whining if I was a QU fan. Yale has zero say in where they go. And you prove my point in your comments. NCAA says that it is all about putting the top overall seed as close as possible to home. There aren't supposed to be exceptions for "a couple of other non-hosting schools would have to drive further." At least on paper this isn't supposed to exist. See you Saturday in Albany!
                        I am driving from Washington DC. Everybody else shut up... story over.
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

See you Saturday in Albany!
                          I'll be in Worcester...

Comment

Actually the official reason for putting QU in Albany was to (quote a committee member) "enhance the fan experience" . Translate that to better attendance at both sites. I live in the New Haven area, google maps calls it a 45 minute difference with no traffic. So after Yale takes out Lowell, i will somehow have to finish Easter by 4:30pm
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                              "enhance the fan experience"
                              mookie reads those words and the first thing that comes to mind is ALBANY
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X