PDA

View Full Version : Yale/Lowell East Regional (3/26) - Ivy v Public

Pages : [1] 2

riverchief1
03-20-2016, 02:23 PM
Well here it is. The rematch of the 2013 National Semi-Final in a year many fans and others had Lowell winning at all. Then comes along Yale, squeaking into the tournament and proceeds to take the title after barely getting by Lowell in OT despite Lowell playing their absolutely worse game of the season. Many Lowell fans see this game as unfinished business from back then and hope Lowell returns the favor from 2013.

Albany's easy to get to so I would expect many Lowell fans to make the trek as they travel in large numbers. The last three regionals Lowell's been in have been jammed with Lowell fans and would expect nothing less here. Unfortunately the holiday weekend will probably eat into some of those numbers (thanks NCCA), especially whoever is in Sunday's regional final (although the 7:30 start could allow fans to get there after whatever family activities take place earlier on the day).

Looking forward to a fun weekend!

mookie1995
03-20-2016, 02:31 PM
Janet Wu vs Mish Michaels

QUAlum2004
03-20-2016, 02:32 PM
2013 not 2014. Amazing that 3/4 of the 2013 frozen four is in the Albany regional.

riverchief1
03-20-2016, 02:37 PM
2013 not 2014. Amazing that 3/4 of the 2013 frozen four is in the Albany regional.

Crazy, it'll be a reunion!

Thanks on date catch, they blur together after awhile.

Patman
03-20-2016, 02:44 PM

somehow I don't think Albany will be as great of a town as Pittsburgh was

bulldog10jw
03-20-2016, 03:19 PM
Then comes along Yale, squeaking into the tournament and proceeds to take the title after barely getting by Lowell in OT despite Lowell playing their absolutely worse game of the season.

Wonder why Lowell played their worst game of the season. Maybe because Yale absolutely dominated. That game should have never been close.

LTsatch
03-20-2016, 03:43 PM
Lowell was outshot by Yale 47 to 18 in 2013, why do you think Hellebuyck received the third star, he was the only guy that kept Lowell in the game. Then the D left him hanging at the end. Water over the dam now, but lets call a spade a spade. I would have to call Lowell the favorite in this game as well. Should be a fun weekend.

bulldog10jw
03-20-2016, 03:51 PM
Lowell was outshot by Yale 47 to 18 in 2013, why do you think Hellebuyck received the third star, he was the only guy that kept Lowell in the game. Then the D left him hanging at the end. Water over the dam now, but lets call a spade a spade. I would have to call Lowell the favorite in this game as well. Should be a fun weekend.

Revenge or "unfinished business" is fun talk for the fans, but most of the players on both teams that played in 2013 are long gone. Plus, it is very hard to get satisfying revenge for a National Semifinal game loss with a win in the first round 3 years later. Unless you go on to win it all, I guess. Agree that Lowell should be the favorite, though.

yalehockeyfan
03-20-2016, 08:21 PM
Revenge or "unfinished business" is fun talk for the fans, but most of the players on both teams that played in 2013 are long gone. Plus, it is very hard to get satisfying revenge for a National Semifinal game loss with a win in the first round 3 years later. Unless you go on to win it all, I guess. Agree that Lowell should be the favorite, though.

If not "the 2013 revenge bracket" this bracket should be called "the bracket the NCAA doesn't give 2 shats about."
It's a shame QU (the #1 overall seed) doesn't get the respect to be placed in Worcester which is a quick drive up 91 and 84.
Instead they get moved to a venue much closer to their opponent.
On top of that playing a game 7:30pm on Saturday and then again on Easter Sunday tells me the NCAA figured they would be able to fill up Worcester with Boston based fans and in essence forget about Albany bracket.

chickod
03-20-2016, 08:47 PM
If not "the 2013 revenge bracket" this bracket should be called "the bracket the NCAA doesn't give 2 shats about."
It's a shame QU (the #1 overall seed) doesn't get the respect to be placed in Worcester which is a quick drive up 91 and 84.
Instead they get moved to a venue much closer to their opponent.
On top of that playing a game 7:30pm on Saturday and then again on Easter Sunday tells me the NCAA figured they would be able to fill up Worcester with Boston based fans and in essence forget about Albany bracket.

Stop whining. There's not a lot of difference from Hamden to Worcester/Albany relatively speaking. So you would expect THREE fanbases 40 miles or less from Worcester to drive another 100 miles to Albany? To accommodate one team? Yeah...that makes sense. And you're saying the RIT fans wouldn't drive down the pike if they were in Worcester? Man...good thing you don't live in the West where you would have to drive hours to almost every game.

yalehockeyfan
03-20-2016, 10:01 PM
Stop whining. There's not a lot of difference from Hamden to Worcester/Albany relatively speaking. So you would expect THREE fanbases 40 miles or less from Worcester to drive another 100 miles to Albany? To accommodate one team? Yeah...that makes sense. And you're saying the RIT fans wouldn't drive down the pike if they were in Worcester? Man...good thing you don't live in the West where you would have to drive hours to almost every game.

It might be whining if I was a QU fan. Yale has zero say in where they go. And you prove my point in your comments. NCAA says that it is all about putting the top overall seed as close as possible to home. There aren't supposed to be exceptions for "a couple of other non-hosting schools would have to drive further." At least on paper this isn't supposed to exist. See you Saturday in Albany!

Patman
03-20-2016, 10:05 PM
It might be whining if I was a QU fan. Yale has zero say in where they go. And you prove my point in your comments. NCAA says that it is all about putting the top overall seed as close as possible to home. There aren't supposed to be exceptions for "a couple of other non-hosting schools would have to drive further." At least on paper this isn't supposed to exist. See you Saturday in Albany!

I am driving from Washington DC. Everybody else shut up... story over.

chickod
03-20-2016, 10:33 PM
See you Saturday in Albany!

I'll be in Worcester...

LTsatch
03-20-2016, 11:00 PM
Actually the official reason for putting QU in Albany was to (quote a committee member) "enhance the fan experience" . Translate that to better attendance at both sites. I live in the New Haven area, google maps calls it a 45 minute difference with no traffic. So after Yale takes out Lowell, i will somehow have to finish Easter by 4:30pm

mookie1995
03-20-2016, 11:10 PM
"enhance the fan experience"

mookie reads those words and the first thing that comes to mind is ALBANY

LTsatch
03-20-2016, 11:20 PM
mookie reads those words and the first thing that comes to mind is ALBANY

If I had to choose between the two cities, it would be a tie, neither have much to offer as do most East/Northeast venues.

Leecoffee9
03-21-2016, 12:48 PM
If I had to choose between the two cities, it would be a tie, neither have much to offer as do most East/Northeast venues.

Just a short 90 minute drive to the Ommegang Brewery! We'll be there - hoping to find a nice place for Easter dinner before the game.

fightingsiouxfan16
03-21-2016, 02:06 PM
Ill be in albany. Only a 2 hour drive from my house. very simple. I have front row seats. Ill be rocking my North Dakota gear.

jericho
03-21-2016, 03:28 PM

Then you don't look very hard

Patman
03-21-2016, 03:48 PM
Just a short 90 minute drive to the Ommegang Brewery! We'll be there - hoping to find a nice place for Easter dinner before the game.

I have six breweries on a short list... I'm arriving late Friday night. My list is on my laptop at home.

I'm going to start at shmaltz around noon and then work my way back into town.

Sunday could be a bit hinky with the holiday and all.