PDA

View Full Version : Lowell/Northeastern Hockey East Championship (3/19) Rowdy vs. Paws

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

riverchief1
03-18-2016, 11:57 PM
Lowell plays their "third" game in two days while Northeastern plays their second game today. Both teams will undoubtedly be a little more tired than usual. Lowell goes for their third title in four years while Northeastern heads to the title game for the first time since 1988.

Looking forward to an exciting and entertaining game tonight.

Patman
03-18-2016, 11:58 PM
hooboy... this will be "interesting"

riverchief1
03-19-2016, 12:09 AM
Lowell, as the highest remaining seed, will be the "home" team and get last change.

Need sleep and then back to the pre-game at Harp mid-afternoon. What a weekend!

northeastern
03-19-2016, 12:14 AM
you guys will be another formidable opponent.. I'm walking out & can't believe be here later today.. again.. :-)

I am tired & psyched at the same time.. our goalie looked bit shaky,. hopefully gets that out of the way.. other than that.. looking forward to a great gm against solid team. Go Huskies! .. just another game.. :-)

bottomdweller
03-19-2016, 07:46 AM
I think Lowell is going to need to survive the first half of the first period or so, just so they can get their legs under them. If the refs call the game like the BC/NU game, Lowell is going to have to move their feet. They're going to be tired, but clutching and grabbing is going to put NU on a lot of power plays.

Also, if I'm Fred C Church, next year, I'm going to sponsor the other team's penalty kill instead of the Lowell power play. I wouldn't want my company associated with hot garbage like that.

chickod
03-19-2016, 09:43 AM
... our goalie looked bit shaky,.

You would be too. BC came at you in waves and for "segments" it was like a shooting gallery out there (I realize that you "outshot" them on the stat sheet, but it was more consistent and spread out - a few times in the third BC was getting multiple chances which makes it really tough for a goalie). Fortunately, they were sporadic and unable to consistently maintain that level of play throughout the entire game. You will find that Lowell does not have the offensive firepower that BC does (91 - 58 goals scored IN THE LEAGUE in the regular season)

UML Puck Hawk
03-19-2016, 09:52 AM
You would be too. BC came at you in waves and for "segments" it was like a shooting gallery out there (I realize that you "outshot" them on the stat sheet, but it was more consistent and spread out - a few times in the third BC was getting multiple chances which makes it really tough for a goalie). Fortunately, they were sporadic and unable to consistently maintain that level of play throughout the entire game. You will find that Lowell does not have the offensive firepower that BC does (91 - 58 goals scored IN THE LEAGUE in the regular season)

And if you watched the third OT of Lowell PC you would have seen better defense after 100 minutes of hockey than BC or NU showed at any point in the second game.

Rhett Hot
03-19-2016, 10:11 AM
This is going to be interesting. If not for 3 OTs I would say lowell had the upper hand.

Can NU get through UML's stifling defense? Will Ruck be solid tonight? Can NU get through Boyle like they did demko? And will lowell be able to skate with NU after last night?

NU 3-2

boblav1
03-19-2016, 10:44 AM
I think Lowell is going to need to survive the first half of the first period or so, just so they can get their legs under them. If the refs call the game like the BC/NU game, Lowell is going to have to move their feet. They're going to be tired, but clutching and grabbing is going to put NU on a lot of power plays.
I stayed for the second game and NU looked fast and hungry. Hopefully the Hawks have something left in the tank.

Hokydad
03-19-2016, 10:51 AM
I reserved section 107 tonight. Sections are going for $79.99 each

mookie1995
03-19-2016, 11:23 AM
I reserved section 107 tonight. Sections are going for $79.99 each

awesome :D

riverchief1
03-19-2016, 11:39 AM
awesome :D

Come on down tonight, Jasmine is very accessible.

Happy Husky
03-19-2016, 11:42 AM
Im not superstitious,just a huge fan of the kind of 1988 "Reds" sweaters they have worn the last two wins,That would be a "dream" sweater to own one.Nevertheless I hope they wear tonight!

As a Husky fan,Im still in shock of the whole state of affairs,having a run like this is one thing,but having it after having an abysmal first half makes it all the more amazing!

Lastly,Im eating my words,re: Coach Madigan,and I publicly apologize for having no faith in his abilities,He's shown himself to "bleed Husky" and regardless of what happens tonight he deserves congratulations,IMO

jcarter7669
03-19-2016, 01:19 PM
NU beat BC so that gets them a plus... and they are playing Lowell so the enemy of my enemy is my friend. GO HUSKIES!!!

UML Puck Hawk
03-19-2016, 01:33 PM
NU beat BC so that gets them a plus... and they are playing Lowell so the enemy of my enemy is my friend. GO HUSKIES!!!

Hey everyone look, JCarter didn't come back to the board to root for uvm, he came back to root against Lowell

Jon
03-19-2016, 01:56 PM
UML played two games yesterday. NU finished their game this morning.

4 OT's tonight? 5? Why stop there?

jcarter7669
03-19-2016, 01:59 PM
Hey everyone look, JCarter didn't come back to the board to root for uvm, he came back to root against Lowell

It's nearly the same thing so don't get too excited.

mookie1995
03-19-2016, 02:09 PM
Come on down tonight, Jasmine is very accessible.

no. will do something again tonight with everyone. we went to eggroll lady's place in worcester last night. mookie took the audible and told them we were eating in (there were 15 people waiting for pickup, some over an hour :p). orders for peeps eating there just rocketed up the cooklist :D rewarded them by buying enough to eat through the weekend. she makes some great fried stuff!

Biddco
03-19-2016, 02:10 PM
Go Riverhawks!

Thiessen'sBetter
03-19-2016, 02:14 PM
Hard to see this one as anything but a very tight game. UML has the edge in net and on the blue-line, NU has the edge up front.

Less Fennell please Jim. He got torched almost every time he was out there. Cockerill broke a finger last night so I don't know if we'll see him. Looking like lots of Benning and Saucerman.