PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

ExileOnDaytonStreet
04-26-2016, 06:01 PM
Shocker that the new Buck's arena will have the capability to host hockey games (Why then toss the Admirals to the wayside????) They should be in prime position to get some ncaa post season games, they better bid on the next go around. I'd love to see UW play a game or a series there.

My wet dream is to have the D-I FF at the nBradley and the D-III FF at the UWMP arena down the road on the same weekend. Everyone gets drunk and has a good time.

Or a similar arrangement between the B7G and the WCHA/NCHC.

Timothy A
04-27-2016, 07:31 PM
Wondering who will be the goalie coach?

Almington
04-27-2016, 09:13 PM
Getting reports that the new staff has already started the culling process to clear the logjam at forward.

ExileOnDaytonStreet
04-27-2016, 11:33 PM
Like cutting kids?

Do you get to not take a year off/lose eligibility if you get cut vs leaving on your own accord?

Almington
04-28-2016, 12:36 AM
Like cutting kids?

Do you get to not take a year off/lose eligibility if you get cut vs leaving on your own accord?

I believe the official term is "chose to not renew a player's scholarship" after having a discussion of a players realistic future opportunities and obligations.

Provided the player is academically eligible, He can play immediately if they go D3, otherwise they have to sit out a year to transfer to another D1 program.

solovsfett
04-28-2016, 07:55 AM
I believe the official term is "chose to not renew a player's scholarship" after having a discussion of a players realistic future opportunities and obligations.

Provided the player is academically eligible, He can play immediately if they go D3, otherwise they have to sit out a year to transfer to another D1 program.

Wow...I didn't think it would happen this quickly.

Wisko McBadgerton
04-28-2016, 08:12 AM
Pretty sure there was going to be some attrition even without a coaching change. Probably would have been sorted a little earlier without one I guess. They certainly want to give any kid they're not inviting back every opportunity to catch on somewhere else if they want, so the sooner the better for everyone.

Ronnieb
04-28-2016, 09:22 AM

I have no problem with the staff doing that, if they so choose but the NCAA needs to change the "sit out " rule for the players. Total BS, no logic what so ever

markwojo
04-28-2016, 09:33 AM
Where we are at with the number of forwards rostered and incoming is beyond ridiculous. Having reasonable numbers to have a competitive practice environment and insulate against injuries is one thing, but having essentially enough forwards to field 2 teams is an abomination.

ExileOnDaytonStreet
04-28-2016, 11:02 AM
I have no problem with the staff doing that, if they so choose but the NCAA needs to change the "sit out " rule for the players. Total BS, no logic what so ever

I agree, at least when it comes to players that are "cut".

gwhinwi
04-28-2016, 12:11 PM
Where we are at with the number of forwards rostered and incoming is beyond ridiculous. Having reasonable numbers to have a competitive practice environment and insulate against injuries is one thing, but having essentially enough forwards to field 2 teams is an abomination.

You would have to think that the large majority of players that they would choose not to renew would be (current) Freshmen (next years sophomores) and Shuchuck. Having 9 players in that year, in that position, would allow them some better flexibility going forward.

Also, that would give those kids a much greater chance of getting set up with another program for the remainder of their college careers. Still hate the fact that they would have to sit out a year as a result of this though. Not their fault that they came to a school that changed coaches.

Almington
04-28-2016, 02:52 PM

They don't have to sit out if they go to a D3 team. That's where most of them would land if they decide to leave UW and keep playing.

Ronnieb
04-28-2016, 03:48 PM
They don't have to sit out if they go to a D3 team. That's where most of them would land if they decide to leave UW and keep playing.

I realize that. None of them will go D3.

Timothy A
04-28-2016, 09:11 PM
Andy Baggot tweeted to me UW plans on retaining Jeff Sanger as the goalie coach. So there you have it.

Almington
04-28-2016, 10:34 PM
I realize that. None of them will go D3.

And I don't see any of them catching on at any of the other D1 programs, even if they didn't have to sit out for a year.

MadCityRich
04-30-2016, 08:20 AM
I've been watching almost every post season NHL game; Gosh boys do I love this sport.

Is it October yet? In all my years (short of fall Manitoba or Ontario fishing), I can't remember a time when I wish summer would hurry by. I hope Bucky's Locker Room refreshes their Badger Hockey bumper sticker selection!

Badger Hockey: MCR's gotta get a life.

burd
05-02-2016, 07:29 AM
Andy Baggot tweeted to me UW plans on retaining Jeff Sanger as the goalie coach. So there you have it.

Surprised they didn't hire Martin Brodeur, with the way they are putting this staff together.

Timothy A
05-02-2016, 08:26 AM
Surprised they didn't hire Martin Brodeur, with the way they are putting this staff together.

Let's keep it in the family and go with Mike Richter or Cujo.

BadgerHockey9
05-02-2016, 12:47 PM
I see that the football team has a night game vs Ohio state the same day as hockey plays BC at home. I wonder if they will adjust hockey time to a day game...

gwhinwi
05-02-2016, 01:09 PM
Badgers hired a new head of hockey operations, Noah Segall.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2016/5/2/segall-joins-mens-hockey-staff-as-director-of-operations.aspx