Chatham adds men's hockey for 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chatham adds men's hockey for 2017-18

Add another team to the Division III men's hockey ranks with Chatham announcing today.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Chatham adds men's hockey for 2017-18

Where are they and which Conference would/will they play in? I know the Girls Team play in the ECAC-W, will the Men play there too? Just curious,
    Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
    Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
    Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Press release - Chatham University has announced the addition of men’s ice hockey to its roster of NCAA Division III varsity sports for the 2017-18 academic year.
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
        Where are they and which Conference would/will they play in? I know the Girls Team play in the ECAC-W, will the Men play there too? Just curious,
        They are in Pittsburgh.

I think the ECAC West schools will be called something different in the near future too.
        GO LAKERS!!!
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          They are in Pittsburgh.

I think the ECAC West schools will be called something different in the near future too.
          3.5 hrs from Kings College in Scranton. Not an ideal travel partner, but...

You could do
          Stevenson/Neumann
          LVC / Chatham
          Kings / Manhattanville
          Last edited by joecct; 03-14-2016, 08:37 PM.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

They are in Pittsburgh.

At this rate, you are going to need TWO leagues. LOL
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              At this rate, you are going to need TWO leagues. LOL
              I'm still forseeing the MAC to get into this in the near future....

They already have four full members with Kings, Manhattanville, Lebanon Valley and Stevenson....
              GO LAKERS!!!
              Oswego State '09

Comment

They already have four full members with Kings, Manhattanville, Lebanon Valley and Stevenson....
                In talking with your colleagues and your observations, how are the athletic programs at the new schools? Are we looking at an "Adrian" type approach from any or are we going to make Fish's head explode with another sub-par conference getting a Pool A bid?
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                  In talking with your colleagues and your observations, how are the athletic programs at the new schools? Are we looking at an "Adrian" type approach from any or are we going to make Fish's head explode with another sub-par conference getting a Pool A bid?
                  I think Stevenson will build an on campus rink if they haven't started that already now that they have both. They are VERY SET on having successful hockey programs down there. Coach Dawes wouldn't have left Neumann if he didn't think he could win at Stevenson.

I think Lebanon Valley will be better this time around. They know what they are getting themselves into this time and they have successful athletic programs across the board pretty much. Will they compete the national championship year in and year out? I don't know if I see that but I think they will be fine and be a lot more competitive this time.

Chatham? who knows...The women's program hasn't found much success so far. Pittsburgh is one of the growing hot beds for hockey though so if they can try and convince some area players to stay at home and go to a school with a huge female to male ratio, they could certainly make some inroads.

King's is the outlier, I really don't know much about them period.

Of the four as of right now, I see Stevenson becoming a top 15 team sooner rather than later. Think Endicott approach and look at the success they had in year 1.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                    I'll root for the latter just to see Fish's head explode...
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

5 full members + 2 affiliate members gets you an immediate AQ, right?
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        5 full members + 2 affiliate members gets you an immediate AQ, right?
                        I'm not sure it would be an immediate AQ. I think you have to wait at least one or two years, especially when new programs are involved.

On the women's side, the ECAC North Atlantic/Colonial League formed and did not get an AQ this year. Next year I believe they get one though.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

I'm not sure it would be an immediate AQ. I think you have to wait at least one or two years, especially when new programs are involved.

On the women's side, the ECAC North Atlantic/Colonial League formed and did not get an AQ this year. Next year I believe they get one though.
                          Based on this reference to a two year waiting period for AQs, it appears to be a two year wait to get an AQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                            Based on this reference to a two year waiting period for AQs, it appears to be a two year wait to get an AQ.
                            Assumptions

The CCC is a rebranding of the ECAC-NE & will assume the -NE's AQ in 2017?

The -W will begin its 2 yr waiting period next season and will get the long awaited AQ in 2019?

Pool B goes away in 2019.

The tournament should expand to 12 teams in 2017.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Assumptions

The CCC is a rebranding of the ECAC-NE & will assume the -NE's AQ in 2017?

The -W will begin its 2 yr waiting period next season and will get the long awaited AQ in 2019?

Pool B goes away in 2019.

The tournament should expand to 12 teams in 2017.
                              If the tournament should expands to 12 - shouldn't pool B survive.
                              Larry Normandin
                              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                              X