#1 Boston College vs. #6 Northeastern...TD Garden (Non Beanpot) Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 Boston College vs. #6 Northeastern...TD Garden (Non Beanpot) Edition

NU is coming in off a great weekend in South Bend and on a historic run while BC comes in off an uninspiring 2-1 series win against UVM. If there was ever a time for NU to pick off BC in a big spot now would appear to be the time. That York guy is pretty good though, and you know he'll have his guys ready to play.

I don't think this is a great match-up for NU based on BC's quality and depth on the blue-line. NU's forward depth has given teams fits and having 3 very capable scoring lines has allowed them to overwhelm their opponents 3rd D-pair. BC's 3rd D pair is better than most teams 2nd pair and of course Santini and Mccoshen are monsters who eat up a ton of minutes.

PS- I can deal with NU losing to BC but can Matt Gaudreau not score a GWG in OT or something? That family has brought us enough heartbreak.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Go Huskies
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: #1 Boston College vs. #6 Northeastern...TD Garden (Non Beanpot) Edition

As much as I wouldn't cry if BC lost , I actually am more for NU winning. I would love to see 6 HEA teams in the NCAA tournament. Good ammo against the NCHC folk.

Comment

Last year's NCAA tourney, especially FF where Omaha didn't belong on the same sheet of ice as PC, was even better. Nice getting teams in but gotta get results!

I actually like the spot that BC is in going into this. The fact that mighty BC had to struggle just to beat middling UVM. Where as NU is the hottest team out there, greatest thing since sliced bread. How can little old BC even compete in this game?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          ..I actually like the spot that BC is in going into this. The fact that mighty BC had to struggle just to beat middling UVM. Where as NU is the hottest team out there, greatest thing since sliced bread. How can little old BC even compete in this game?
          well considering we've played twice back in December.. a 3-3 tie & a 4-3 tilt for you.. I like the spot we are going into as well.. on neutral ice..
          hopefully is another heck of a game..
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            How can little old BC even compete in this game?
            bring that effort last night to the Gahden and they wont.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              well considering we've played twice back in December.. a 3-3 tie & a 4-3 tilt for you.. I like the spot we are going into as well.. on neutral ice..
              hopefully is another heck of a game..
              you should have won and tied, not tied and lost

Comment

The tie was probably the worst officiated game i saw all year

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  you should have won and tied, not tied and lost
                  ..agree, team did it to themselves plenty early & mid season.. see Bentley losses.. UML OT loss in Europe after I thought we were about to win in regulation.. etc. Kudos to that NU locker room for plugging away.
                  Well, here we are. Like folks have said.. would be great if 6 HE teams can make the NCAAs.. and I'm just hoping for a great game Friday.
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

BC sandbagging and Northeastern excitement? I feel like I've seen this one before
                    BS UMass Lowell 2015
                    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                      BC sandbagging and Northeastern excitement? I feel like I've seen this one before
                      this isn't the Beanpot, this isn't the Beanpot, this isn't the Beanpot, this..
                      .. :-)
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

No but BC did beat NU in your last trip to semis!

Comment

Casual reminder that last time NU played BC at the Garden NU won, since nobody else seems to remember.

Comment

igles 6 - 2 red-headed step children.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              igles 6 - 2 red-headed step children.
                              ..enjoy the night off.. sleep tight.
                              :-)
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                              X