LSSU Lakers 2016 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSSU Lakers 2016 off-season thread

For the 2nd year in a row, the off-season thread is started later than the prior season. The future is looking bright right now. Hopefully we can finish in the top 5 and finish at least .500 next season.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Re: LSSU Lakers 2016 off-season thread

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    For the 2nd year in a row, the off-season thread is started later than the prior season. The future is looking bright right now. Hopefully we can finish in the top 5 and finish at least .500 next season.
    It definitely looks like Damon (class act) has you guys headed in the right direction.
    Hope we get to see you guys in Alaska next year.

Comment

The Lakers sure seem to be heading in the right direction.

Good job Damon, Rich, Doug and to all the players on working hard this season laying down the foundation of bringing respectable hockey back to Lake State.
      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Gordie really caught fire starting with the Bemidji Series in mid February. He had a .943 saves percentage between then and the season ending defeat.

Let's hope they actually post the Laker Hockey Show podcast this week. I can never listen to it live because I work.

Comment

Nice summary from last night from Chris Dilks: http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/wcha...al-score-recap

Comment

I think we are finally seeing the light in the tunnel for this team .

Comment

A lot of improvement in team numbers/stats this season compared to last:

10 more points in the WCHA
              7th place finish in WCHA versus tie for 8th/9th
              13 more goals scored overall
              24 fewer goals allowed overall
              14 wins overall versus 8
              13.9 % PP versus 8.3
              84.2 % PK versus 73.4

Comment

For various reasons I attended 2 games this winter for the first time since roque's crew quit on him. Both Bemidji St. & Northern wins. I was really impressed with their effort, speed, goaltending and over all hustle of the team. It didn't surprise me when they took Minn State to 3 games, it wouldn't have surprised me either if they would have won the series.

If any of the members of the team should read this thread I would say to you; even know your record was less than .500, your team improved tremendously from the last time I saw you play. Keep up the good work and I believe it will really show itself next season and Coach Whitten keep it up you are doing a great job. I am looking forward to watching you play next season.

Go Lakers!
                Go Lakers!

Comment

Damon Whitten should be in line for WCHA Coach of the Year. Class act all the way, no excuses, no fear. He is steering the good ship Laker back to its glory days, after the gutting of the program with the previous coach.

Ringy Dingy!

Comment

A number of monkeys have been thrown off the backs of the Lakers this year, including:
                    Beating Mankato (first time ever)
                    Winning at Ferris (first time since 2008)
                    Sweeping _airbanks on the road (first time since the 90s)

Personally, if we were to be bounced by anybody in 3 games in the first round, I'm glad it was Mankato. We've shown that we can hang with Tech and BG, but to put together 3 well-contested games against somebody who has had your number the way Mankato has, it leaves a feeling of optimism (even though we lost).
                    My only hope is that we don't regress next year, like has happened in the past ('07-'08, after going to The Joe stands out.)
                    Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
                      A number of monkeys have been thrown off the backs of the Lakers this year, including:
                      Beating Mankato (first time ever)
                      Winning at Ferris (first time since 2008)
                      Sweeping _airbanks on the road (first time since the 90s)

Personally, if we were to be bounced by anybody in 3 games in the first round, I'm glad it was Mankato. We've shown that we can hang with Tech and BG, but to put together 3 well-contested games against somebody who has had your number the way Mankato has, it leaves a feeling of optimism (even though we lost).
                      My only hope is that we don't regress next year, like has happened in the past ('07-'08, after going to The Joe stands out.)
                      If we don't get hit hard by injuries, I don't think regressing will be a problem next season. Most of the team will be back and we are still pretty young and should only get better.

Comment

Congrats to Defiel for getting WCHA Defensive Player of the Week once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          If we don't get hit hard by injuries, I don't think regressing will be a problem next season. Most of the team will be back and we are still pretty young and should only get better.
                          Speaking of injuries I hope Henke isn't to seriously injured so he can get to his off season regime.
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Here is a recap from the Mankato Free Press for game two, with much attention on Defiel styming the Mavs:

http://www.mankatofreepress.com/spor...9d7d44881.html
                            Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Let's hope the coaching staff has a great off season program set up for the players to have them back in great shape and stronger .

Comment

Working...
                              X