Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2016 off-season thread

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
    does the noticeable Laker improvement this year mean than the roquettes are finally dead and buried?
    RIP. Amen.
    Originally posted by Bill View Post
    One of them (LakerBaker) has still been posting.
    Read many of LakerBaker's posts this season.
    I saw nothing negative in any that I read.
    LakerBaker posted up a lot of things directly from the program.
    All the ones I saw were positive towards the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      LakerBaker spent a good portion of last season trashing Damon Whitten. It got bad enough such that the Board Admin even suspended LakerBaker for a short time last Spring. Can you point us to a specific post since then where LakerBaker indicated being sorry, saying she/he was wrong, and apologizing for that behavior? Since LakerBaker resumed posting, her/his posts have contained very little but copying and pasting hockey related articles from local Soo media, and not even all of those are Lakers related. And there has often been a healthy dose of sarcasm mixed in although I think that has probably tapered off somewhat. If you wren't reading this forum last season, then perhaps I can understand how you don't recognize the sarcasm in LakerBaker's posts.

Comment

Have a gander at which senior is moving on up to the ECHL: http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...rnace-brampton
        Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
          Have a gander at which senior is moving on up to the ECHL: http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...rnace-brampton
          Congratulations to Daniel. Good for him. He probably won't be the only senior to get a shot at moving on to play pro hockey.

Comment

Thanks Tim, Damon Whitten has the good ship Laker steering in the right direction. "Bill" should stick with recruiting, instead be likes to try to tell others what to think, as he believes he knows all and the smartest guy on this forum. All from a guy that sees few games, and depends on others telling him how good or bad the Lakers are.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
              Would he be the younger brother of Teddy Blueger from Minnesota State? He's also a Shattuck product.
              Unless everyone from Latvia is named Blueger.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                Unless everyone from Latvia is named Blueger.
                Sioux City has his USHL rights so that may be where he plays next season

Comment

Sioux City has his USHL rights so that may be where he plays next season
                  Only way he would play next season is if Whitten thought he had another Hendrick on his hands.

Comment

"Damon Whitten should be in line for WCHA Coach of the Year. Class act all the way, no excuses, no fear. He is steering the good ship Laker back to its glory days, after the gutting of the program with the previous coach."

If you can't find the sarcasm in this statement then you must be one of those people who believes The Onion writes legitimate, factual articles.

Comment

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
                      "Damon Whitten should be in line for WCHA Coach of the Year. Class act all the way, no excuses, no fear. He is steering the good ship Laker back to its glory days, after the gutting of the program with the previous coach."

If you can't find the sarcasm in this statement then you must be one of those people who believes The Onion writes legitimate, factual articles.

ha. true. He cuts and pastes articles into the forum, says something sarcastic about Damon and then always mentions something about Headrick. He'll occasionally mention how great a league the NOJHL is. And then inevitably he'll say something about waking up in a free country blah blah blah
                      "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

I see that Mike Eaves is out at Wisconsin. I wonder if Tom Anastos will be next out.
                        Last edited by Bill; 03-18-2016, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I see that Mike Eaves is out at Wisconsin. I wonder if Tom Anastos will get another season at MSU.

I hope they sign him to a 5 year extension.
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Here is an article from Randy Russon on the successful season for the good ship Laker, as well as their promising future, lead by Damon Whitten. http://www.hockeynewsnorth.com/ncaa/10819/

Their season ended with a first-round playoff loss to the second-seeded Minnesota State Mavericks but the future outlook contains considerable promise for the Lake Superior State Lakers of the Western Collegiate Hockey Association.

The Lakers, who finished in seventh place in the 10-team WCHA during the 2015-2016 regular season, stand to return more than 20 players for the 2016-2017 campaign.

To be sure, a solid group of underclassmen stepped up to play major roles for second-year head coach Damon Whitten and the Lakers over the course of the 2015-2016 season.

“As a program we feel we have made good strides in the time since we have been at Lake State,” said Whitten, appearing on a recent edition of the Laker Hockey Show on Sault Ste. Marie radio station ESPN 1400.

Of the Lakers top seven scorers over the course of the 2015-2016 campaign, five were freshmen, including 1997 birth-year defenseman Owen Headrick.

Headrick, who is from Garden River First Nation, starred with the Soo Thunderbirds of the Northern Ontario Jr. Hockey League for two seasons prior to heading to Lake Superior State last fall.

As a group, the underclassmen performed at an upper level over the course of this season.

Sophomore forward J.T. Henke topped the Laker scoring chart.

Right behind Henke were freshmen forwards Mitch Hults, Anthony Nellis, Gage Torrel and Diego Cuglietta, junior forward Gus Correale and the aforementioned Headrick, who is the youngest player in the entire WCHA.

Meantime, sophomore goalie Gordon Defiel — who gave the Lakers a chance to steal the playoff series against Minnesota State with a stunning 57-save shutout — is the main man between the pipes for Lake State and one of the best at his position in the entire WCHA.

And one of the Lakers top two defensemen is area product sophomore Aidan Wright.

Wright, who was born in Wawa, played a good portion of his minor hockey career on the Canadian side of the International Bridge at Sault Ste. Marie.

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
                              ha. true. He cuts and pastes articles into the forum, says something sarcastic about Damon and then always mentions something about Headrick. He'll occasionally mention how great a league the NOJHL is. And then inevitably he'll say something about waking up in a free country blah blah blah
                              The cutting and pasting of articles drives me absolutely nuts. So many people these days are paid for their writing by the number of "clicks" on the article. Copying and pasting the article on the board may hurt people in the paycheck, which, in turn, can lead to less material to read. Not sure if articles here are paid that way, but if that is the case, I don't want to be that guy who puts the writers out of work.
                              Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
                                The cutting and pasting of articles drives me absolutely nuts. So many people these days are paid for their writing by the number of "clicks" on the article. Copying and pasting the article on the board may hurt people in the paycheck, which, in turn, can lead to less material to read. Not sure if articles here are paid that way, but if that is the case, I don't want to be that guy who puts the writers out of work.
                                I'm can't believe the mods won't do anything about LakerBaker's antics. It's B.S.
                                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X