The 2016-17 Schedules Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2016-17 Schedules Thread

St. Lawrence Schedule: http://www.saintsathletics.com/news/...-schedule.aspx

10/6 @Penn St
    10/7 @Penn St
    10/13 UNH
    10/14 Merrimack
    10/21 @UML
    10/22 @Providence
    10/28 Wisconsin
    10/29 Minnesota

12/9 Clarkson

1/3 @UVM
    1/6 @Canisius
    1/7 @Canisius

2/4 @Clarkson

The dates I'm assuming the article lists the teams in the order they'll be played. They don't have the schedule in list form on the website yet.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
      St. Lawrence Schedule: http://www.saintsathletics.com/news/...-schedule.aspx

10/6 @Penn St
      10/7 @Penn St
      10/13 UNH
      10/14 Merrimack
      10/21 @UML
      10/22 @Providence
      10/28 Wisconsin
      10/29 Minnesota

12/9 Clarkson

1/3 @UVM
      1/6 @Canisius
      1/7 @Canisius

2/4 @Clarkson

The dates I'm assuming the article lists the teams in the order they'll be played. They don't have the schedule in list form on the website yet.
      Since they say "the following weekend", I'm going to assume you meant 14-15 October. Penn State is probably only 6-7 in order to accommodate handegg. Also, a wild guess CCT will have said weekend as well but reversed. Would it be safe to say they're also playing Providence?

Comment

In trying to figure out Atlantic's conference opponents, I am going to put forth a hypothesis, based on the number of teams, that each team will play the other four times twice over the course of five years.

AIC: (USMA, AFA, CC, RMU), (BU, CHC, NU, RIT): None found
        Army: (AIC, BU, CC, MU), (BU, SHU, MU, RMU): Bentley and Mercyhurst
        Bentley: (USMA, CHC, SHU, MU), (AIC, USMA, MU, RIT): Army and Mercyhurst
        Holy Cross: (BU, SHU, NU, RIT), (AIC, SHU, AFA, CC): Sacred Heart
        Sacred Heart: (BU, CHC, MU, RIT), (USMA, CHC, CC, RMU): Holy Cross
        Air Force: (AIC, CC, NU, RMU), (CHC, CC, NU, RMU): Canisius, Niagara, and Robert Morris
        Canisius: (AIC, USMA, AFA, MU), (CHC, SHU, AFA, RMU): Air Force
        Mercyhurst: (USMA, BU, SHU, CC), (USMA, BU, NU, RIT): Army, Bentley
        Niagara: (CHC, AFA, RMU, RIT), (AIC, AFA, MU, RIT): Air Force, RIT
        Robert Morris: (AIC, AFA, NU, RIT), (USMA, SHU, AFA, CC): Air Force
        RIT: (CHC, SHU, NU, RMU), (AIC, BU, MU, NU): Niagara

We don't have enough information from this to determine who will play each other four times for sure, but would it be a safe assumption that any teams listed at the end would only play each other twice? Obviously I see no other pattern in who plays who, similar to the WCHA.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Since they say "the following weekend", I'm going to assume you meant 14-15 October. Penn State is probably only 6-7 in order to accommodate handegg. Also, a wild guess CCT will have said weekend as well but reversed. Would it be safe to say they're also playing Providence?
          UNH/Merrimack, PC/UML & Wisc/Minny are on CCT schedule. Just reverse the dates.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            /didn't look at a calender, just wanted to get it in here.

Yes, I've seen it mentioned that Clarkson is making the @PC/@UML trip as well.

Comment

The Hockey East schedule just went all to Hell.

BC, BU, PC, UMass, UConn, UNH, Northeastern and Maine are now expected to play at Frozen Fenway. Opponents have not been named, but the format will be four games over two Saturdays. Schools that have already released schedules will see movement, but we don't know which teams. That is per Mike McMahon.

It is also being reported that one of the two Maine home games vs Boston College is being moved from Orono to Portland. Odds are it will be the game on Saturday, November 5 since the football team will host Villanova that day and parking would be a headache.

Comment

The WCHA composite schedule will be released this Thursday at 2pm EST.
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  So Michigan is going to Phoenix for 1 game only? really? and it's going to be at the nhl arena on a friday night?
                  Somebody can read!
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

WCHA getting a new playoff format: http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/wcha...playoff-format

Perhaps this means the "final week" will be pushed to the week prior in order to make room for three weekends of playoff hockey, similar to the schedule the three "eastern" leagues have now?

Comment

"The WCHA schedule will remain at 28 league games for the 2016-17 campaign, with the regular season concluding the weekend of Feb. 24-25."
                      from WCHA.com

Comment

Originally posted by bgbill1 View Post
                        "The WCHA schedule will remain at 28 league games for the 2016-17 campaign, with the regular season concluding the weekend of Feb. 24-25."
                        from WCHA.com
                        Something tells me, with this, we're going to see a few more "short of full allotment" schedules this year. Not really from unwillingness to play, but when the heck are they going to fit it in?

Comment

Not sure how the will impact home/away splits yet, but Frozen Fenway will be
                          BC-PC, BU-UMA on January 7
                          Maine-UConn, UNH-NU January 14

Even though schedules have already been released, Hockey East is asking other conference teams to reschedule games on those dates to highlight the games at Fenway. That might be possible on the 7th, but good luck getting Notre Dame to reschedule the series at Merrimack. BC-BU and UVM-PC are also scheduled for series that weekend. The only dates that would fit for a reschedule would be 12/16-17. The Lowell-UMA game scheduled for the 14th will likely be rescheduled to the 13th (both teams are off).

None of this is official yet.

What is official is that the second UNH-Maine non-conference game planned for Portland has been canceled, so you can take that off the schedule. Maine now has Brown and Quinnipiac (2) to host and two unknown NC games.
                          Also, one of the Boston College games will be moved to Portland. They have not announced which.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            Not sure how the will impact home/away splits yet, but Frozen Fenway will be
                            BC-PC, BU-UMA on January 7
                            Maine-UConn, UNH-NU January 14

Even though schedules have already been released, Hockey East is asking other conference teams to reschedule games on those dates to highlight the games at Fenway. That might be possible on the 7th, but good luck getting Notre Dame to reschedule the series at Merrimack. BC-BU and UVM-PC are also scheduled for series that weekend. The only dates that would fit for a reschedule would be 12/16-17. The Lowell-UMA game scheduled for the 14th will likely be rescheduled to the 13th (both teams are off).

None of this is official yet.

What is official is that the second UNH-Maine non-conference game planned for Portland has been canceled, so you can take that off the schedule. Maine now has Brown and Quinnipiac (2) to host and two unknown NC games.
                            Also, one of the Boston College games will be moved to Portland. They have not announced which.
                            I thought I read, from another poster's Facebook page, that it would be the Saturday game in order to account for handegg (more the traffic than the game itself)?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              I thought I read, from another poster's Facebook page, that it would be the Saturday game in order to account for handegg (more the traffic than the game itself)?
                              That was my thought as well. However, a source up at Orono says the athletic department resources would be stretched if they hosted a football game in Orono and a hockey game in Portland. Many people staff both teams when they play home games.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Something tells me, with this, we're going to see a few more "short of full allotment" schedules this year. Not really from unwillingness to play, but when the heck are they going to fit it in?
                                Looks like the Christmas break will be one week shorter.

Comment

Working...
                                X