X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2016 Off Season thread: A Drivel-free Summer

Originally posted by vicious View Post
    Richy Glassberg?
    he and Dave Simon should be the inaugural inductees into the broadcaster wing. Case closed, air tight. Certainly no disrespect to Kurt or Perry.
    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Wonder if any of the incoming frosh have interest in calling games? With shoutcasting being popular in the gaming world, it might be possible. Wonder if there's any recruiting happening through accepted students chats, or something planned with NRB...

Obviously we were spoiled with Tim Heiman for 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Wonder if any of the incoming frosh have interest in calling games? With shoutcasting being popular in the gaming world, it might be possible. Wonder if there's any recruiting happening through accepted students chats, or something planned with NRB...

Sorry to burst everyones bubble, but AspyDad and I have been in negotiations with WRPI to be the announcers for all RPI games. Everything is looking good for us to go live this season. Buccigross and Melrose have nothing on us, in fact we may bring Barry on as a intern to learn the ropes.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Today is 8 June 2016. There are 116 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2016 for the start of next season.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
            Sorry to burst everyones bubble, but AspyDad and I have been in negotiations with WRPI to be the announcers for all RPI games. Everything is looking good for us to go live this season. Buccigross and Melrose have nothing on us, in fact we may bring Barry on as a intern to learn the ropes.
            Red Nation is going to love Aspy's take on the college game especially his spot on critique of ECACHL officiating, and as we all know Aspy and Melrose are golfing buddies so he would be a welcome addition to the organ I zation !!!
            What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have tried by going to the welcome freshman BBQ, Activities Fair, etc....I am trying to put something together with RPI-TV as well.
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                I have tried by going to the welcome freshman BBQ, Activities Fair, etc....I am trying to put something together with RPI-TV as well.
                I figured as such. Everything you've done for the current RPI students calling games is positively apparent. Makes tuning in for the games quite enjoyable.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
                  I would like to give it a try if you can`t round up any or enough students. Serious.

Comment

Today is 9 June 2016. There are 115 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

There hasn't been a Niagara thread on USCHO since the 09-10 season, so I will post the link to WaP's Niagara article here http://www.withoutapeer.com/2016/06/...y-niagara.html.

The usual disclaimer that I have no connection to WaP except as a reader.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-09-2016, 01:55 PM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 10 June 2016. There are 114 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                          I would like to give it a try if you can`t round up any or enough students. Serious.
                          Shoot me an email, I'll leave my email address in your rep.

Comment

I figured as such. Everything you've done for the current RPI students calling games is positively apparent. Makes tuning in for the games quite enjoyable.
                            Thank you. We try. I do get students to say they are interested, but then never show up and we never hear from them again. With RPI being a tech school, more people want to get involved with the station on the tech side of things. Broadcasting games is a lot of fun, and I have also been able to develop and improve some useful skills that are helpful in the real world. Although if you say you want to do some games, I might just have to lobby RPI to return us to the catwalk, just so I can throw you off. (Just kidding, I would never be violent.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              What else I noticed is that Lonnie Clary is missing. Does anyone know if he has left RPI, or is this just a glitch in the directory?
                              It looks like he left RPI based upon the directory.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 11 June 2016. There are 113 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X