This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2016 Off Season thread: A Drivel-free Summer

I thought that they stopped having graduation in the HFH because it wasn't big enough. So how can it be used as the backup?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      and a picture including Goodman.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This seems to me to be more appropriate for this thread than the recruit thread. Does anyone remember if RPI having flags other than US and Canadian ones? I was wondering if we had a Austrian one for Mathias Lange. And I was wondering if we kept it.
        I remember, when I was there, it was only US and Canada. I remember finding it nice when Bubela came in and they actually put the Slovak flag up.

Comment

Today is 28 May 2016. There are 127 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2016 for the start of next season.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 28 May 2016. There are 127 days until RPI's next game.

But just a few hours until some more alumni are proclaimed... Congratulations, graduates!

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              Anybody have a clue as to the “years unknown” pucks?
              I own the puck in the second row from the top, far right.
              I got it in 1993. However, I bought it at the souvenir stand. I don't know if they were using that one in the games.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

I’m asking this question here because I think there are more “eyes” here. According to this these Teams will lose players they drafted in 2014 if not signed by June1. I noticed Alec Dillon is on the list. Does that mean LA would’ve been pushing hard to sign him had he come here anyway (1 & done)? Or, had he gone the NCAA route it would’ve been the more familiar (to me) 4 years from the time he was drafted? Anyone?
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  I’m asking this question here because I think there are more “eyes” here. According to this these Teams will lose players they drafted in 2014 if not signed by June1. I noticed Alec Dillon is on the list. Does that mean LA would’ve been pushing hard to sign him had he come here anyway (1 & done)? Or, had he gone the NCAA route it would’ve been the more familiar (to me) 4 years from the time he was drafted? Anyone?
                  My understanding is that if he had come to RPI, LA would not lose him until after he graduates.

In the current situation, it is also possible that LA doesn't want him.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I thought that they stopped having graduation in the HFH because it wasn't big enough. So how can it be used as the backup?
                    My graduation was in the Field House. Basically, each student gets seven tickets: three red and four grey. If the ceremony is outside, all seven tickets can be used to get into ECAV. If it's inside, the red tickets get you into the HFH and the greys get you into one of several other remote sites (EMPAC, ECAV Arena, etc.) where the graduation is shown on video.
                    RPI Pep Band
                    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                      My graduation was in the Field House. Basically, each student gets seven tickets: three red and four grey. If the ceremony is outside, all seven tickets can be used to get into ECAV. If it's inside, the red tickets get you into the HFH and the greys get you into one of several other remote sites (EMPAC, ECAV Arena, etc.) where the graduation is shown on video.
                      Thanks. I assume that the student graduating doesn't need a ticket.

My vague recollection is that when I was a student we got 4 tickets for guests.

I wonder why the ceremony isn't also streamed on the internet -- or maybe it is.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks. I assume that the student graduating doesn't need a ticket.

My vague recollection is that when I was a student we got 4 tickets for guests.

I wonder why the ceremony isn't also streamed on the internet -- or maybe it is.
                        Because RPI-TV is a student organization and they kick you off campus a week early if you're not graduating. And then they prep for summers. Granted that doesn't stop them from covering hockey games, but who would want to sit around listening to someone that had her secret service run over Ralph?

Comment

It is (or at least it was in 2013). Flaggy doesn't know what he's talking about.
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Today is 29 May 2016. There are 126 days (18 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I have asked the question the last few years. Any guesses for what jersey numbers the recruits will have?

Here they are with the numbers they wore last season:

Burgess 27 taken
                              Hayhurst 20 taken
                              Manley 5 available
                              Perry 35 available
                              Polino 27 taken
                              Reilly 6 available
                              Reisinger 19 taken
                              Samec 2 taken
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                I have asked the question the last few years. Any guesses for what jersey numbers the recruits will have?

Here they are with the numbers they wore last season:

Burgess 27 taken
                                Hayhurst 20 taken
                                Manley 5 available
                                Perry 35 available
                                Polino 27 taken
                                Reilly 6 available
                                Reisinger 19 taken
                                Samec 2 taken
                                Here's what I will go with:
                                Burgess- 18
                                Hayhurst- 7
                                Polino- 26
                                Reisinger- 17
                                Samec- 3

Reilly, Manley and Perry to take the available numbers.

Reason: all the others besides Reisinger and Hayhurst have worn the numbers I listed earlier in their careers. Just chose 17 for Max to take Milos' number to keep the number in the European nation and 7 for Hayhurst just because I can't remember the last time RPI didn't have a player wearing it (and 12 and 20 are not available).

Comment

Working...
                                X