This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2016 Off Season thread: A Drivel-free Summer

Today is 14 April 2016. There are 170 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2016 for the start of next season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
      That's a bad guess and not a safe assumption. Lowell will be at home that weekend against St. Lawrence and Clarkson.
      I appreciate the information, thank you. And given you're full the rest of October, it'll likely either be during Union's finals week (weekend before Thanksgiving), or after New Years, given you're in the Ledyard. The weekend of the 17th falls in the middle of RPI's finals, but they did play an exhibition during that weekend in 2010 vs. the USA WJC team.
      Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 04-14-2016, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Today is 15 April 2016. There are 169 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Hello, don't want Ralph to get too lonely....

thanks for your intrepid daily countdown!
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Today is 16 April 2016. There are 168 days (24 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              In case anyone cares, Old Pio posthumously "won" the 2015 Poser of the Year contest. RIP Old Pio, we will miss you.

I know Old Pio would have been honored to accept the 2015 Poser of the Year. After his first award he proudly signed his posts, "2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner." Two time Poser of the Year (2011 and 2015), Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner & Crown Royal Ambassador Plenipotentiary."

I can only imagine his delight at the flood in the hockey locker room that washed away the "squashed jelly donut" rug, his elation at the Pioneers returning to the Frozen Four, but frightening to think of his take on Presidential Politics.
              Thanks Dude, don't know how I missed the election.
              Last edited by vizoroo; 04-16-2016, 04:51 AM.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                My dentist has ads on the ceiling which I see whenever I am lying down.
                Please tell me they are for anti tooth decay products.
                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                  Please tell me they are for anti tooth decay products.
                  Yes.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 17 April 2016. There are 167 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We may have the weakest assistant coaches in the ncaa
                      I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                        We may have the weakest assistant coaches in the ncaa
                        Any basis for this statement, or are you just spewing nonsense again?

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
                          Any basis for this statement, or are you just spewing nonsense again?
                          Nonsense lol neither won a title or was dominant in college.
                          They rarely speak to the players.
                          I was near the benches for all ncaa games in Albany and top teams assistants do a Majority of coaching and talking.
                          They Are both young so less knowledge and years of coaching
                          Both nice guys ala Seth which is why he would never fire them
                          They wouldn't bring any top talent like Seth does with goalies recruit wise

Monty got pirri and Damigo
                          I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

I was near the benches for all ncaa games in Albany and top teams assistants do a Majority of coaching and talking.

Graham was the BCHL Coach of the Year while leading Alberni Valley to it’s best record ever in the 09-10 year. Not sure where you get, “they never speak to the players”. That seems a bit overstated. Other than that, I got nothing.
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

1. Titles and dominance in college doesn't mean they will be a great coach.
                              2. Different coaches have different styles. Maybe Seth prefers to do the shouting, etc...for line changes. There have plenty of times during games and in practice where I see them "talking to the players."
                              3. Being young = weakness? Wow. Nothing to say about that one.
                              4. I agree they are both nice guys, which maybe Seth wants in a coach, nice AND knowledgeable, which is a very rare thing to find in the coaching business. So many stories out there of coaching abusing their players, I'm happy that's not happening at RPI.
                              5. Let me ask you a question, and answer honestly. Would you want one-and-done's like Pirri and D'Amigo every year, or four years of quality players. Maybe not "top talent" but quality players (moreso than RPI has had in years, they aren't scraping the bottom of the barrel anymore.) RPI isn't a hockey factory like North Dakota or Michigan, so it'll take longer to recover. And besides, a school like RPI isn't going to get those type players for a myriad of reasons, none of which is "the coaches will never bring them in."

So, I stick by my statement that you're spewing nonsense.
                              Last edited by jericho; 04-17-2016, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                                Wrong. Mark Cavoise was a pretty darn good player here.
                                Last edited by DavidSec17; 04-17-2016, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X