Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2015-16 - The post-season journey...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2015-16 - The post-season journey...

Bring on Tampa boys!!!
    "I would like to allocate more time to dating, though. I need to find a girlfriend. That’s why I need to carve out just a little more time. I think maybe even another five to 10 — how much time does a woman want a week? Maybe 10 hours? That’s kind of the minimum? I don’t know.”
    - Elon Musk

Comment

Congrats QU !!!! Next stop BC. Don't get caught up in the Tampa hoopla .... stay focused !!! Against BC, you will have 100% of the ND and Denver fans cheering for you !!!
      Last edited by Dutchman; 03-28-2016, 02:45 AM.
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Will the university be offering any travel packages to Tampa??

Comment

Originally posted by QU87 View Post
          Will the university be offering any travel packages to Tampa??
          Probably this week when they get it all arranged. They packages for Pittsburgh in 2013.
          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
          https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Congrats. See you in God's Country in a couple weeks.

Comment

Hell of a game by the boys after a slow start. Get some rest and heal up(somebody's shoulder might be in a little pain) and enjoy the moment. Guess we don't have to wait till next season for that first game vs BC.

Comment

I LOVE THIS TEAM

That was an absolutely phenomenal performance. They never got scared, never got nervous, just kept chipping away at it. This team is incredibly skilled -- we know that. But the reason they're the No. 1 team in the country is how strong they are mentally. Just an incredible mental team. They scratch, they claw, they compete for every single puck. But the most important thing, this team has an incredible amount of heart. It's not good enough to be skilled, you have to want it, and this team wants it.

I thought that defensive performance in the second and third periods was some of the best hockey I've ever seen the Quinnipiac program play since I started watching them in 2004-05. I mean, it was perfect. UML had nothing for the final 45 minutes of that game. You knew the second goal was going to be huge, and when we got it -- and got two more right afterwards, it was game over. Just an incredible, incredible performance. Perhaps one of the top 3 performances in school history tonight. Seriously, it was that good.

Finally, so happy for all the people who work for the Quinnipiac program. One of the reasons I'm such a huge fan of QU hockey is all the great people who work for the school, the athletic department, and the hockey program. I'm proud to be an alum of this school -- and a fan of this program -- because they do things the right way. Good guys sometimes do get to go to the Frozen Four.

Two down, two to go. Let's go win the darn thing.

Oh, and one more thing.

FROZEN FOUR!!!!

Comment

Well said Z

Go Bobcats!

Comment

What a performance. A little bit of everything in this game. Maybe the most complete game of the year...and they said we had peaked in December!

Requested work off over a month ago.....see you in TAMPA
                    Quinnipiac University '15
                    ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                    ECAC Championship: 2016
                    NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                    NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                    Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Too bad Quinnipiac and BC are on the same side of the bracket, because that would have made for the best championship game matchup. I see this semifinal game as being the equivalent of the NFC Championship back in the mid '90s when the 49ers and Cowboys were so vastly superior to the best teams the AFC had to offer.
                      National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                      National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Look, I'll be perfectly honest. Boston College is the worst matchup for us in the country. Size is our kryptonite. And there's quite a talent gap between the size Clarkson and Cornell throw at us and the size BC will throw at us. Tuch will be the person we have to key on if we want to win. He can leave immense damage lying in his wake.
                        Quinnipiac University '15
                        ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                        ECAC Championship: 2016
                        NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                        NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                        Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Fred.Davenport View Post
                          Well said Z

Go Bobcats!
                          Speaking of good people working for the program, you were right at the top of that list, Fred. You may not be there anymore, but this is just as much your accomplishment as anyone else's.

Comment

FROZEN FOUR!!!

Amazing weekend for the Bobcats!!

One of the best games they played all year.

Comment

We're still celebrating here, but I'd be remiss not to post this -- some very interesting thoughts from Chip Malafronte on Hockey East, including a great and interesting quote from former AD Jack McDonald. I'm starting to go in the column of hoping we stay in ECAC. Also includes a little note about the Quinnipiac-Yale rivalry, which apparently is a factor:

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/201...ed-hockey-east

“Nothing beats winning,” said McDonald, now athletic director at the University of New England. “Joining the ECAC is the greatest thing to ever happen to the athletic department, and is probably in the top five things to happen in the history of Quinnipiac. I’d hope they would want to stay.”

Comment

• Originally posted by BobNY View Post
                                FROZEN FOUR!!!

Amazing weekend for the Bobcats!!

One of the best games they played all year.
                                such a great game. Hope to see some of you in Tampa!

Comment

Working...
                                X