NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    ---
    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
    Adrian won 3-2 on Nov. 6, in Michigan.

UWSP won 6-4 on Feb. 5, in Wisconsin.

Rubber game next!
    The location of this game hasn't been determined yet. Collegehockeystats still has it as TBD. The same as its been since this morning.
    I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Re: Quarterfinal: UWSP at Adrian

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
      The location of this game hasn't been determined yet. Collegehockeystats still has it as TBD. The same as its been since this morning.
      Yep, because of the possibility of the Adrian women being at home instead. But since AC earned the top spot, I listed them as home. The interesting thing will be, if the game is at Point, would Adrian still be treated as home team for last change, etc.?
      St. Norbert College Green Knights
      NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
      NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
      NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
      ---
      SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
        Curious...why can't the Adrian women and men play on the same day at home? What is wrong with a 4:00 pm game for one and a 7:30 game for the other? Does there really need to be such stringent rules that the #1 overall seed has to play on the road in the QFs?

Comment

Originally posted by snc11 View Post
          Curious...why can't the Adrian women and men play on the same day at home? What is wrong with a 4:00 pm game for one and a 7:30 game for the other? Does there really need to be such stringent rules that the #1 overall seed has to play on the road in the QFs?
          It's far more than that. The entire semifinals, 3rd place game, and NCAA title game are in one place. For each day you've got to block out 2 hours of practice (IIRC) for each team, plus time for the referees, plus time for four games total. There just simply isn't time on a weekend for both men's and women's on the same weekend.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            It's far more than that. The entire semifinals, 3rd place game, and NCAA title game are in one place. For each day you've got to block out 2 hours of practice (IIRC) for each team, plus time for the referees, plus time for four games total. There just simply isn't time on a weekend for both men's and women's on the same weekend.
            This issue has been thoroughly thrashed about on the Plattsburgh thread the past two years.....it is possible with some compromise and cooperation - securing a second rink for practice time and adjusting the game schedule... I said possible, not likely

Oh, and the NCAA would have to sign off - but a vetted plan by institutions where this is more likely than not, submitted for approval at the start of the season? Perhaps...
            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Ok. That makes sense. That leads to another question. Why not have Adrian host the game at another local venue? It would seem that the Ann Arbor Ice Cube would be a great venue to at least get some Adrian fans in the building and prevent the #1 overall seed from having to travel.

Comment

Originally posted by snc11 View Post
                Ok. That makes sense. That leads to another question. Why not have Adrian host the game at another local venue? It would seem that the Ann Arbor Ice Cube would be a great venue to at least get some Adrian fans in the building and prevent the #1 overall seed from having to travel.
                Ann Arbor is 35-40 miles away and I'm not sure of the Ice Cube's capacity in the stadium rink. Plus, I have no idea if it's booked for next week.

EDIT: and then you're buying roughly 10 hours of ice time there, too. 2 hours practice time for each school, an hour for referees, and 3-4 hours for pregame and actual game time.
                Last edited by Hammer; 03-08-2016, 09:36 AM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Ann Arbor is 35-40 miles away and I'm not sure of the Ice Cube's capacity in the stadium rink. Plus, I have no idea if it's booked for next week.

EDIT: and then you're buying roughly 10 hours of ice time there, too. 2 hours practice time for each school, an hour for referees, and 3-4 hours for pregame and actual game time.
                  You also have to A. put this in your original bid and B. Play the game at the rink you've played the majority of your "home" games at....practice on the other hand is a different story. This is where the whole discussion came into play. IF both the Adrian men and women agreed to PRACTICE off campus (which is allowed but not paid for) the other schools would have enough time slots for practice/games. Again, this must be in the original bid.
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

So, effectively, we're probably in agreement: it's either one or the other next weekend.

EDIT: I think this is all moot anyway, with a PSU women's victory this weekend over Amherst.
                    Last edited by Hammer; 03-08-2016, 09:54 AM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Last year the Plattsburgh men's quarterfinal game had to be moved because of the same reason. They learned from that and are waiting this year so they do not have to backpedal.
                      Last edited by Birdwatcher; 03-08-2016, 09:59 AM.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

So, effectively, we're probably in agreement: it's either one or the other next weekend.

EDIT: I think this is all moot anyway, with a PSU women's victory this weekend over Amherst.
                        Yes and No. If you think it's been a flame-fest with all the Plattsburgh "fans" coming out of the woodwork complaining about the snub (I guess it's more so been on Facebook), if the women win and are forced to head to Adrian, all hell with break loose in Clinton County.

Having said that, Derek has been reminding us all about the "must go west every so many years". I could have sworn that this was just a recommendation, and not a requirement but if Derek says its true, I'm going to lean more to his side. This year with Adrian having a pretty good season, and UWRF not too far off themselves, if Adrian can win...why not if it needs to be in done soon. With all due respect, while it's not a huge venue in comparison to say Plattsburgh, Norwich, Middlebury, ect...Adrian is a really nice town and will be a great hockey weekend. Who knows, maybe Ill even take a drive again.
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I don't generally look at the PSU threads (only once in a while), but this has been just fine.

And I don't like the every-4-years rule. In my mind, the top seed should host if they're going to go to campus sites, period. If one team is the top seed for five straight years, and they host every year, oh well.
                          Last edited by Hammer; 03-08-2016, 10:24 AM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Flint?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Flint?
                              That would make for some interesting ice...

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                              X