PDA

View Full Version : Hockey East QFs: Boston University @ Lowell 3/11(NESN ASN) ,12,13

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

riverchief1
03-11-2016, 11:19 PM
I am hearing joey b wants the benedetto-bunyon duo tomorrow

As long as Voss doesn't show up, I don't really care.

leswp1
03-11-2016, 11:34 PM
They seemed to not be able to get out of the way tonight.
or agree on icing, off sides, or see people climbing on each other like it was a whore house or....

I am hearing joey b wants the benedetto-bunyon duo tomorrowWell, it wouldn't be a series without them.

Tonight's game was not real. They didn't review a goal. :p

ScottK
03-11-2016, 11:42 PM
Tonight's game was not real. They didn't review a goal. :p

Actually, they did - all of them. In the playoffs, every goal is reviewed immediately before the ref drops the puck to restart play. From my view across the ice from you, I could see the guy in front of the review monitor give a quick thumbs up before the faceoff each time.

mookie1995
03-11-2016, 11:43 PM
.. or see people climbing on each other like it was a whore house or....

hmmmm. imagine that. les knowing what goes on in places like this :eek:

leswp1
03-11-2016, 11:45 PM
hmmmm. imagine that. les knowing what goes on in places like this :eek:
I know how to treat the aftermath :D

mookie1995
03-11-2016, 11:48 PM
I know how to treat the aftermath :D

mookie no wanna know!!!!!!!!!!!!

UML Puck Hawk
03-12-2016, 01:52 AM
117322 won the chuck a Puck

Thanks guys I appreciate it. There's an arrogant Amherst prospective student this weekend. Guess he ****ed some people off telling them their research wasn't legit. Needless to say, my contemporaries are beginning to understand my opinion of the western mass campus.

Thanks for the updates

Go-UML
03-12-2016, 08:36 AM
Thanks guys I appreciate it. There's an arrogant Amherst prospective student this weekend. Guess he ****ed some people off telling them their research wasn't legit. Needless to say, my contemporaries are beginning to understand my opinion of the western mass campus.

Thanks for the updatesEwwww? Will you be able to go tonight? And seriously? You had to miss the game babysitting an Amherst *****hat? Why didn't you bring him to the game and show him what it's like to have a hockey team?

pressbox
03-12-2016, 08:39 AM
Actually, they did - all of them. In the playoffs, every goal is reviewed immediately before the ref drops the puck to restart play. From my view across the ice from you, I could see the guy in front of the review monitor give a quick thumbs up before the faceoff each time.

The guy behind the monitor was Bunyon. Top HE brass were also in the house last night.

Go-UML
03-12-2016, 08:40 AM
Was good to see Susie (Suzie?) and other long-time BU fans at Beer Works before the game. :)

How many heading to the game today?

Patman
03-12-2016, 08:41 AM
Ewwww? Will you be able to go tonight? And seriously? You had to miss the game babysitting an Amherst *****hat? Why didn't you bring him to the game and show him what it's like to have a hockey team?

I'd start needling him about the proper way to torch a 2003 honda civic

riverchief1
03-12-2016, 08:49 AM
Hopefully the pattern of having the far better announcer for Saturday night games at Tsongas continues tonight. I don't think I can take another game of the Friday monotone robotic announcer.

And we need more Jasmine as it will be Mookie's last game seeing her tonight for the season unless he heads to the Garden next week as a casual fan. :D

mookie1995
03-12-2016, 08:52 AM
And we need more Jasmine as it will be Mookie's last game seeing her tonight for the season unless he heads to the Garden next week as a casual fan. :D

agree with that. Jasmine needs to move around the rink too. 1st period we sat in 101 and she was all over the place. After that we moved to the section where the terriers band was and -nada-.
Jasmine must leave early cause didn't see her on the screen during the 3rd :(

Shame to hide the candle under a bushel!!!

Scarlet
03-12-2016, 08:53 AM
Hopefully the pattern of having the far better announcer for Saturday night games at Tsongas continues tonight. I don't think I can take another game of the Friday monotone robotic announcer.

You guys don't have one announcer? And what was up with the scoreboard issues? Did Tsongas host some high school games last week?

riverchief1
03-12-2016, 08:58 AM
You guys don't have one announcer? And what was up with the scoreboard issues? Did Tsongas host some high school games last week?

The regular announcer for the past few years moved on. It's been sort of "announcer by committee" this year and it's finally settled in with the boring guy last night and on Saturdays, we use the one from the Garden you hear for the HE championships. Unfortunately he must not be available Fridays. :(

Don't know what was up with the scoreboard. There were extra HE people behind the glass last night like Bunyon running video review along with our usual guy so maybe too many cooks in the kitchen led to some goof ups. That's all I can think of as normally never any issues with putting up penalties, etc.

Yes, some of the Super Eight MIAA was there I believe last week.

mookie1995
03-12-2016, 09:03 AM
mookie has to try the nacho bar tonight!!! walked by it last evening, but was already carrying a powdered explosion cake, popcorn, and beer. after mookie set those down he got ice cream and a pulled pork sangy and didn't have time to walk back and get buffeted :(

leswp1
03-12-2016, 09:05 AM
It was all screwed up last night- wrong cues for the various cameras, not showing Jasmine when she was talking (I thought of mookie), etc. I don't think the usual crew was working last night.

mook- why would she visit a section 'full' of BU fans? You need to sit with the faithful of the correct team

Speaking of which- as a fan of multiple years- it is nice when the other team scores not to have the arena erupt like it wasn't the home venue. I was surprised by how few BU fans there were. Same with when we played BC. I think we finally have built a fan base :eek:

mookie1995
03-12-2016, 09:09 AM
It was all screwed up last night- wrong cues for the various cameras, not showing Jasmine when she was talking (I thought of mookie), etc. I don't think the usual crew was working last night.

mook- why would she visit a section full of BU fans? You need to sit with the faithful of the correct team

she was in that 101-103 corner all night. there are other areas of 'go blue'ers' out there :D

and she should venture out into the visitors at times. never know who she might run into :p

leswp1
03-12-2016, 09:09 AM
Not that there weren't BU fans but they didn't outnumber ours :D

mookie1995
03-12-2016, 09:14 AM
no pity party here les!!!

y'all have a nice rink and a team that has been very good now for a couple years. only natural that you get a base and draw fans.