X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2015-16 thread part 3 - The Postseason

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Honest question - which in the line of good recruits were Yorks first (I think this is relatively consecutive)?

Jamie O'Leary
    Marty Reasoner
    Jeff Farkas

Were all of them recruited after York took over?
    O'Leary came in the same season Coach York took over (1994), so I would think he was a Coach Cedorchuk recruit. I've read that Reasoner was Coach York's first big recruit (1995) and Farkas came in the following year (1996).

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Dear lord, you're actually trying to compare the BU program david quinn inherited to the dumpster fire York took on? Not to mention, quinn had eichel already recruited for him. Not dumping on quinn here but let's get real with that comparison.
      jrrrry and nate replaced dudes that got themselves fired for having horrible on ice products.

norm replaced (what was it?) a dui'er? who had some piece in place.

GQ did replace a guy who just retired and was supposed to have players there, you are correct.

these are not comparable.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        Honest question - which in the line of good recruits were Yorks first (I think this is relatively consecutive)?

Jamie O'Leary
        Marty Reasoner
        Jeff Farkas

marty was his "we are back" moment, mookie believes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          And what's up with the tears at the post-game presser? Does video of this exist somewhere?
          only fair. mookie cried. from embarrassment mind you. but still cried.

(mookie only knows of this from rover's post earlier. didn't see it)

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
            Actually, Coach York took over two excellent programs at Clarkson and Bowling Green and in both instances his teams had several losing seasons when he first took over those programs. It is likely that the losing seasons he had after taking over those programs and BC had much more to do with his imposing his coaching style on players he did not recruit.

As for the BU program Coach Quinn took over, I've heard from more than a few people that he also inherited a dumpster fire.

Sean
            it was the "program" that was lighting the fire. the terriors were (and ARE if you get down to it) one busted condom away from a self-imposed death penalty (still...)

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              Sean probably posted it more for reference than anything. The game was also vastly different 20 years ago. But the comparisons to Bazin and Leaman are very much on point.
              Yes, I wanted to show that it usually takes a few seasons for a new head coach to imprint his style and systems on a program (Coaches Parker and Bazin excluded). However, I also think its a far comparison when you look at the level of talent BU had on the team and in the pipeline when Coach Quinn took over.

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

Jamie O'Leary
                Marty Reasoner
                Jeff Farkas

I wouldn't put o'leary with the other two but reasoner and farkas were York recruits. Thank God for his new york connections, where a bulk of core guys came from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                  As for the BU program Coach Quinn took over, I've heard from more than a few people that he also inherited a dumpster fire.

Sean
                  Well this is interesting. First i've ever heard this. Quite the commentary on Parker if true.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    only fair. mookie cried. from embarrassment mind you. but still cried.

(mookie only knows of this from rover's post earlier. didn't see it)
                    It was mentioned in the Boston Globe game story. No quotes from Coach Quinn in the USCHO game story (just the captain), which I found odd.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

I was actually looking for quinn quotes myself. Not just him in particular but i like hearing what all coaches say.

Comment

I was actually looking for quinn quotes myself. Not just him in particular but i like hearing what all coaches say.
                        y'all didn't like whatever it was parker had to say

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          y'all didn't like whatever it was parker had to say
                          Was usually entertaining though

Comment

Well this is interesting. First i've ever heard this. Quite the commentary on Parker if true.
                            I think the reference might be to some of the personnel that had been recruited by the previous staff that Quinn inherited. Very few of these players are currently still at BU (IIRC 2 are at Northeastern, 1 recently finished at UVM, 1 at UVM, 1 at Army, some Seniors from DQ's 1st season that weren't D-1 talent, 1 rising Senior who "quit" before DQ's 1st season). The lack of talent, depth plus injuries that year (Grzelcyk, Hohmann, E-Rod all missed significant time) doomed them in the 2nd half that season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              It was mentioned in the Boston Globe game story. No quotes from Coach Quinn in the USCHO game story (just the captain), which I found odd.
                              Lots of Quinn quotes in the CHN write up:
                              http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...swept_away.php

“It’s a sad day for me personally,” Quinn started ... but slowly trailed off as he fought back tears.

The room became quiet, and Grzelcyk patted his coach on the back, telling him it’s OK.

Grzelcyk then took questions from the media, reflecting on where this season went wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                                Lots of Quinn quotes in the CHN write up:
                                http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...swept_away.php

“It’s a sad day for me personally,” Quinn started ... but slowly trailed off as he fought back tears.

The room became quiet, and Grzelcyk patted his coach on the back, telling him it’s OK.

Grzelcyk then took questions from the media, reflecting on where this season went wrong.
                                maybe he got a bad haircut....

Comment

Working...
                                X