X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2015-16 thread part 3 - The Postseason

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    @Buccigross: For the first time in NCAA Tournament history, all 5 Beanpot schools – BC, BU, Harvard and Northeastern are in the field
    5 schools? Wentworth? Suffolk?
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      @Buccigross: For the first time in NCAA Tournament history, all 5 Beanpot schools – BC, BU, Harvard and Northeastern are in the field
      Speaking of that, did everyone notice the "absence" of Melrose at the selection show? (or Buccigross and Starman for that matter) What's up with that?

I guess because he couldn't say "Jackie Parker" any more, they didn't see a need to have him on...

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Clearly meant to post all 5 Hockey East schools.
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          Speaking of that, did everyone notice the "absence" of Melrose at the selection show? (or Buccigross and Starman for that matter) What's up with that?

I guess because he couldn't say "Jackie Parker" any more, they didn't see a need to have him on...
          Buccigross called in on the selection show.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Meeeeeeeeeeee!

I remember someone saying that season the Terriers were undefeated when Drury had at least one point. He didn't have on that game until he assisted on Bates' goal in OT.

ETA I thought Bates scored to win, not Drury???
            That's because Bates had what still ranks as one of the best games I have ever seen a college hockey player have. He assisted on both of Albie's goal and scored what appeared at the time would be the GWG, I believe shorthanded, on a breakaway. He literally had 4 individual rushes on that game where he was skating through Denver like a hot knife through butter. He brought his a-game that night - in a way I wished that Bates would have been able to score the GWG, because he was just immense.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              So they did throw the National Championship game!!! The better team didn't actually win.

BU Hockey: Oy, the drama
              No, as I tweeted to BTB when he claimed Eichel was out of the Sabres lineup because he was going to skate for BU, the bad news is that Eichel has left for the Q, just like that reporter said he would...

If there really is bad news, I have to ask, are there any NHL coaching openings at the moment? Edit: forgive my lapse, the NHL, unlike the NCAA's, still has all teams playing, so unless there is an official "interim" coach right now, there aren't any openings.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                So....Scarlet. How come you're not crucifying Bomber for saying what I essentially got eviscerated for after the Lowell series? Inquiring minds want to know...

(I'll paraphrase so you don't have to go back and look it up...I believe you said "The situation is not as dire as you are making it out to be...they played one bad game...")
                Are you serious with this post? For real? You are? Well OK then. I'll answer you.

I fail to see how this post of Bomber's:

Since BU's season most likely ends this weekend, any guesses on the postmortem story-line?

Just looking to be proactive instead of reactive.

BU Hockey: Prove Me Wrong
                is anywhere near the same thing as your post:

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                My expectations are that we play hard with 100% effort, especially in the post-season. You (as all of you guys like to do) changed the narrative and put it back on me. I made a comment that we stunk out the joint last night and immediately got lambasted from all corners. Usually these forums are for DISCUSSION purposes. Typically there is a "discourse" between people, so we can have a civil discussion. But, as I stated, I have no interest in making a statement and being assaulted by hypersensitive people who only want someone to agree with them all the time. It's the way things are in this country now...disagree with the elitist know-it-alls and get shouted down, belittled, ganged up on and discredited. Just like presidents who ignore the people they are supposed to include in the process and usurp it with executive orders, or commit $500 million to a UN "Green" fund unilaterally. The "know it alls" call anyone who doesn't agree with them a moron and lie and/or conceal the truth to further their agenda. Sorry, I'm not participating. Pick on some other sorry a-hole. My opinion is my opinion and I don't give a d*mn if you agree or not.
                Which is what the post of mine you referred to (no need to paraphrase - I found it for you!) was in response to:

Not one person here has disagreed that the team stunk out the joint Saturday night. I think we all feel you're making things out to be way more dire than they actually are.
                The fact that you feel eviscerated (do you know what that word means? It means to remove the entrails of) by me after this post is, well, a little disturbing. And insulting, because after going through this thread, there were other posters whose responses to you were more combative in nature than mine was. Where's the outrage towards them, huh?

Bomber's post was funny, entertaining, short, and to the point. As all of his posts tend to be. I responded in kind.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  That's because Bates had what still ranks as one of the best games I have ever seen a college hockey player have. He assisted on both of Albie's goal and scored what appeared at the time would be the GWG, I believe shorthanded, on a breakaway. He literally had 4 individual rushes on that game where he was skating through Denver like a hot knife through butter. He brought his a-game that night - in a way I wished that Bates would have been able to score the GWG, because he was just immense.
                  Bates was on fire that night. To this day, that game was one of the most emotional in my experience following BU hockey.
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Bomber's post was funny, entertaining, short, and to the point. As all of his posts tend to be. I responded in kind.
                    Yes it was. And your response (and, yes, others, but you have been more consistent for a much longer period of time) was insulting to ME. That's why. My opinion is as valid as anyone else's. And you still can't resist getting in another shot by asking me if I know what the word "means." I know what a lot of words mean...I'm not a moron. If you would like to compare educational curriculum vitae, have at it.

Comment

The fact that you feel eviscerated (do you know what that word means? It means to remove the entrails of) by me after this post is, well, a little disturbing..
                      will you PLEASE stop removing entrails!!

(a lady would at least remove and then BURN them)
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I'm craving chitlins all of a sudden.
                        Bugs Bunny - 96
                        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Just stopped by to see if we are still allowed to play Saturday. #DarkCloudHeadingOurWay

I'm enjoying this Scarlet Chikod fight. I hope the Terriers are as feisty this weekend. Assuming of course....

Shawn Bates was aaaaaamazing in that Denver game. Which Terrier could bring that level of game to St. Paul? Again, assuming...

BU Hockey: Eastern Pride
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hary Cleverly View Post
                            Gentlemen, I have a friend that works for the boston herald and I'm told there is going to be some bad news coming out about BU hockey. Please stay tuned - I will update as soon as possible.
                            Isn't there a BU fan by the name of Harry Cleverly who posts here fairly often? This "Hary" guy has three posts. I think you guys fell for it....

Comment

Just stopped by to see if we are still allowed to play Saturday. #DarkCloudHeadingOurWay

I'm enjoying this Scarlet Chikod fight. I hope the Terriers are as feisty this weekend. Assuming of course....

Shawn Bates was aaaaaamazing in that Denver game. Which Terrier could bring that level of game to St. Paul? Again, assuming...

BU Hockey: Eastern Pride
                              There has been better players at BU then Bates but none faster and few more exciting

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                                Who was in Worcester 19 years ago today when Drury's OT goal beat Denver in the East regional final? Had forgotten that the teams were skating 3-on-3 when Drury scored. Two goals for Albie that day. A few good men.
                                I was actually at this game - HS senior year for me. Bates had phenomenal speed, it was the biggest thing that stuck out to me watching that game. It was right in that timeframe where BU had sent out their acceptance letters and BC hadn't, so I was waiting for the nice big envelope from BC to arrive (got delayed by a major snowstorm, when the mail finally came, so did the BC acceptance letter. PHEW). My dad took me to the game since at that time, I was probably going to BU (again, PHEW!) if not for some nice admissions officer up on the hill.

edit - wow just catching up on the last few posts. Bates really DID stand out didn't he? My memory is great for hockey. Other things, not as much!
                                Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 03-23-2016, 11:32 AM.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X