PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota @ Michigan State: 3/4 & 3/5

Pages : [1] 2

Driftryder
02-29-2016, 01:27 PM
Minnesota travels this weekend to take on Michigan State. Friday night puck drop is 6pm and it's on FSN Plus. Saturday's game is at 6pm and is listed as TBD as far as TV coverage goes, maybe someone will pick it up.

Michigan State swept bucky in Madison the last time MSU played, 4-3 and 3-1. Minnesota split with Michigan at Mariucci.

Go

gopher wes
02-29-2016, 01:52 PM
Minnesota travels this weekend to take on Michigan State. Friday night puck drop is 6pm and it's on FSN Plus. Saturday's game is at 6pm and is listed as TBD as far as TV coverage goes, maybe someone will pick it up.

Michigan State swept bucky in Madison this past weekend 4-3 and 3-1. Minnesota split with Michigan at Mariucci.

Go
Not to nitpick, but MSU was idle this past weekend :)

Driftryder
02-29-2016, 03:38 PM
Not to nitpick, but MSU was idle this past weekend :)

gotcha. I just looked at the scores on MSU's page, not the dates.

They swept bucky the last time they played. :)

Koho
03-01-2016, 06:04 AM
Go

No. I don't think I will. Not worth the cost of the hotel, tickets, gas, etc. for this series. I'll stay home and watch the one game on TV.

D2D
03-01-2016, 09:07 AM
No. I don't think I will. Not worth the cost of the hotel, tickets, gas, etc. for this series. I'll stay home and watch the one game on TV.
Really about the only place in the Big 10 that makes sense to "Go" to is Madison. Everywhere else is on the other side of Lake Michigan, through or around Chicago.

Tiggsy
03-01-2016, 09:51 AM
gotcha. I just looked at the scores on MSU's page, not the dates.

They swept bucky the last time they played. :)

Bucky was obviously idle during that series to get swept by MSU.

Koho
03-01-2016, 06:46 PM

And I'll be at the Xcel this weekend anyway....

Slap Shot
03-01-2016, 06:53 PM
Ok Gophs - stop effing around and don't take this team lightly this weekend.

The Rube
03-01-2016, 10:05 PM

Ain't crossing the lake again. And the only time I did it in recent memory was for a wedding.

That was a pain (road trip wise). In summer...holy traffic after crossing The Bridge.

John J. MacInnes
03-02-2016, 08:40 AM
I have nothing to say, I'm just trying to push down the Movers & Packers threads since this one was below them.

5mn_Major
03-02-2016, 10:36 AM
I don't think we've heard this one before...but must win. I'm still hoping for a B1G title, everything else is a bonus.

captain beefheart
03-02-2016, 10:45 AM
I don't think we've heard this one before...but must win. I'm still hoping for a NCAA title, everything else is a bonus.

fyp..... oh, and yeah, me too.

UMICH
03-04-2016, 03:01 AM
This is going to kill me but Go....

I can't say it, I can't.

Koho
03-04-2016, 08:24 AM
This is going to kill me but Go Gophers!!!

I can't say it, I can't.

(FYP) There! That wasn't so hard.

burd
03-04-2016, 08:53 AM
A thought from someone who is probably not welcome here.

Most of us watch what is happening in other rinks over the weekend. For us S . . . Hawks fans, the gophers are a little like that sore tooth or gum: your tongue always wants to go to it even though it hurts. Hawks fans should probably want the gophers to lose out and not make the field, partly out of schadenfreude and partly because they have a lot of talent and are always a dangerous opponent. But just like that sore gum, I think most of us want to go there--to have the gophers make the field and face the Hawks in the regionals, so we can enjoy the pain they are capable of inflicting upon each other.

So go gophs, I guess.

Tiggsy
03-04-2016, 04:46 PM
A thought from someone who is probably not welcome here.

Most of us watch what is happening in other rinks over the weekend. For us S . . . Hawks fans, the gophers are a little like that sore tooth or gum: your tongue always wants to go to it even though it hurts. Hawks fans should probably want the gophers to lose out and not make the field, partly out of schadenfreude and partly because they have a lot of talent and are always a dangerous opponent. But just like that sore gum, I think most of us want to go there--to have the gophers make the field and face the Hawks in the regionals, so we can enjoy the pain they are capable of inflicting upon each other.

So go gophs, I guess.

I'm sure we are touched you care and we'd love to ship your team back to reflect under the lone tree back at home, but no matter what the *** Hawks can choke away any chance weather they face us or not.

burd
03-04-2016, 04:57 PM
I'm sure we are touched you care and we'd love to ship your team back to reflect under the lone tree back at home, but no matter what the *** Hawks can choke away any chance weather they face us or not.

It's not the weather that concerns us.

UMICH
03-04-2016, 08:02 PM
(FYP) There! That wasn't so hard.

I normally wouldn't say that either, however when you are playing sparty I'd rather you win (in a SO) than sparty.

SteveO
03-04-2016, 08:42 PM
Gophers get the 4-2 W in their best "Puck Luck" game of the season. The Spartans hit three posts, controlled play in the O zone, played very good D and basically outplayed the Gophers for most of the game and still lost. Again tonight Schierhorn gets the star of the game making some stellar stops or this could have ended in a disaster for the Gophers. Gophers looked like they were out of sync all game, but got the bounces including a funky ENG on a clearing pass bounce off the glass. Michigan is losing 6-3 to the Buckeyes.

SteveO
03-04-2016, 08:53 PM
GAME HIGHLIGHTS (https://twitter.com/i/videos/705943465608110080?embed_source=facebook)