Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New arena in Boston. Anybody taking up residence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New arena in Boston. Anybody taking up residence?

The Bruin's new practice facility in Allston-Brighton is nearing completion. The arena will be called Warrior Ice Arena. I read an article a few months ago in the Globe in which the developer says he envisions DIII college hockey being played there. So I'm wondering if anyone has heard any rumors or more that that might actually end up happening. It would be nice for both Suffolk and Wentworth to finally have a quality arena to call home on a permanent bases and bring an end to the semi-nomadic lives they've been leading. Basically the new arena could be Boston's version of the HarborCenter in Buffalo, which is currently the Sabre's practice facility, home of Canisius hockey (NCAA DI), the Buffalo Beauts (NWHL) and the Buffalo Jr. Sabres (OJHL). The 650 seat capacity of the new place would be perfect for Suffolk and Wentworth. Hope it happens for them.
    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
    University of Western Ontario '19

Re: New arena in Boston. Anybody taking up residence?

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
    The Bruin's new practice facility in Allston-Brighton is nearing completion. The arena will be called Warrior Ice Arena. I read an article a few months ago in the Globe in which the developer says he envisions DIII college hockey being played there. So I'm wondering if anyone has heard any rumors or more that that might actually end up happening. It would be nice for both Suffolk and Wentworth to finally have a quality arena to call home on a permanent bases and bring an end to the semi-nomadic lives they've been leading. Basically the new arena could be Boston's version of the HarborCenter in Buffalo, which is currently the Sabre's practice facility, home of Canisius hockey (NCAA DI), the Buffalo Beauts (NWHL) and the Buffalo Jr. Sabres (OJHL). The 650 seat capacity of the new place would be perfect for Suffolk and Wentworth. Hope it happens for them.
    This is also the new home of the NYS boys high school championships.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

I've heard rumors of some other Boston area schools considering adding women's hockey...Perhaps this arena could put them over the edge on adding?
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        I've heard rumors of some other Boston area schools considering adding women's hockey...Perhaps this arena could put them over the edge on adding?
        Any word on who? MIT has their own arena so it wouldn't be them. Again, could be Suffolk and Wentworth. I've always thought it would be cool if Simmons College added hockey, and some of the other Women's schools around the state too (Wellesley, Mount Holyoke etc.).
        Last edited by Buckeye22; 02-29-2016, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Simmon's College
          You're good.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

You're good.
            Some SID's have played NCAA Hockey
            Larry Normandin
            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

You're good.
              Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
              Some SID's have played NCAA Hockey
              You guys have lost me.

Comment

Working...
              X