• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC Playoffs: Brown @ RPI 3/4, 3/5, and maybe 3/6

discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: ECAC Playoffs: Brown @ RPI 3/4, 3/5, and maybe 3/6

Oh...I actually thought we were playing Dartmouth. Did you guys have the tiebreaker with them?

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
      Oh...I actually thought we were playing Dartmouth. Did you guys have the tiebreaker with them?
      Our tie with Cornell and Dartmouth's loss to Clarkson moved us a point ahead. We ended up with the same number of points as Clarkson but they won the tiebreaker so C is 5th and we are 6th.

Comment

If we do not carry forward momentum by gaining a tie with the extra attacker in the last 30 seconds at Lynah, then this team needs an enema. We have got to be feeling pretty good on that bus back fro Ithaca to troy right now. To play well against Brown we will have to be healthier than we are now. A 2 or 3 game series will be very exhausting and we are just missing too many forwards. Hope that 6 days is enough to get back 2 or more sets of legs up front. We have not been a good playoff team in over a decade, but if we can get by next weekend, we do not have to face Quinnipiac or Yale whoa re playing about the best hockey around.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          If we do not carry forward momentum by gaining a tie with the extra attacker in the last 30 seconds at Lynah, then this team needs an enema. We have got to be feeling pretty good on that bus back fro Ithaca to troy right now. To play well against Brown we will have to be healthier than we are now. A 2 or 3 game series will be very exhausting and we are just missing too many forwards. Hope that 6 days is enough to get back 2 or more sets of legs up front. We have not been a good playoff team in over a decade, but if we can get by next weekend, we do not have to face Quinnipiac or Yale whoa re playing about the best hockey around.
          To health! Prosit! (Any recommendations on a nice cordial for a big tie?)

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
            To health! Prosit! (Any recommendations on a nice cordial for a big tie?)
            L'chaim!
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Here’s what the playoffs look like, including Q-Finals (sans re-seeding)...... http://www.collegehockeynews.com/rep...?c=4&d=bracket
              Last edited by turk181; 02-27-2016, 09:58 PM.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                Our tie with Cornell and Dartmouth's loss to Clarkson moved us a point ahead. We ended up with the same number of points as Clarkson but they won the tiebreaker so C is 5th and we are 6th.
                Ah, looks like the standings had not yet refreshed when I looked. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  L'chaim!
                  ...to you and your mother! How many Players on this board, I wonder...

Comment

To see post game interview with Seth Appert...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DayZmeHs6NE

adjusted the link for your convenience...
                    Last edited by fr. joe; 02-28-2016, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Brown won a total of five games this season. Two of the wins were at home and two were at neutral sites. Exactly one was a true road game (i.e., a game played at the home rink of the opponent). The single road win came all the way back on November 13.

As long as this weekend does not see them discover the road magic that has eluded them for the last three and a half months, RPI will be in fine shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                        Brown won a total of five games this season. Two of the wins were at home and two were at neutral sites. Exactly one was a true road game (i.e., a game played at the home rink of the opponent). The single road win came all the way back on November 13.

As long as this weekend does not see them discover the road magic that has eluded them for the last three and a half months, RPI will be in fine shape.
                        Here's hoping for an ursa minor sighting in Troy this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

And it should be noted that we have gone 2-6-1 down the stretch scoring 14 goals, or less than 2 per game. Even a bad team can get lucky with some bounces and get that total. It isn't how you are playing in November or December, it is all about your recent form. Frankly we have been awful lately. And it starts with not being ready to play. Let's not forget if it hadn't been for our best third period of the year against Brown in that second game we would have been playing Union. I don't put any credence in Brown's road record. The RPI recent playoff home record could then be called into account as a counter argument. Lets concentrate on playing a full 60 minutes, have the D come back and not leave Kazzy out to dry, concentrate on winning some faceoffs, be hungry for loose pucks, and not take our opponent lightly. Unfortunately this team seems to often play to the level of their opposition. I'm hoping for the best but can't believe that we are anything more than a slight favorites in this series.
                          Last edited by DeepRed72; 02-28-2016, 04:20 PM.
                          "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

We do have to mention some positive- another week allows for Parker Reno to get in some more practice and be in better game shape for next weekend. It would be nice to get back some of our up front forward speed but that does not seem to be likely. The approach to Brown just has to be for us to come out strong early. We have made the mistake of allowing them to hang around in the past and in close games anything can happen. Their special teams may be key. Their power play has not scored much but does have a higher percentage of success than we do (they had far fewer chances playing only 29 games). But their defense short handed has not been nearly as good as we have. Seems to me that special teams could decide this series. Goaltending should be a big advantage for us. What we have to avoid is those moments where we seem to come out from the locker room and forgot that we have a game to play. We have to be focused from the moment they drop the puck. Faceoffs? Well, if we have not been good all season, i do not expect us to suddenly change that but it sure would be nice to just break even.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                              And it should be noted that we have gone 2-6-1 down the stretch scoring 14 goals, or less than 2 per game. Even a bad team can get lucky with some bounces and get that total. It isn't how you are playing in November or December, it is all about your recent form. Frankly we have been awful lately. And it starts with not being ready to play. Let's not forget if it hadn't been for our best third period of the year against Brown in that second game we would have been playing Union. I don't put any credence in Brown's road record. The RPI recent playoff home record could then be called into account as a counter argument. Lets concentrate on playing a full 60 minutes, have the D come back and not leave Kazzy out to dry, concentrate on winning some faceoffs, be hungry for loose pucks, and not take our opponent lightly. Unfortunately this team seems to often play to the level of their opposition. I'm hoping for the best but can't believe that we are anything more than a slight favorites in this series.
                              Brown's 2015-16 road record is a direct reflection on this year's Brown team. RPI hasn't played a home playoff series in two years. Half the team has turned over since that time. I don't think it's unreasonable to put more credence in Brown's road record than in RPI's lack of recent success in home playoff series.

The fact that RPI has 16 victories this season to Brown's five also suggests strongly that if both teams play to the best of their capabilities, RPI should win.

Of course, all your comments about playing a full 60 minutes, not leaving Kazzy out to dry, and the rest are pretty much spot on. I can talk all I want about how RPI should win if they play to the best of their capabilities, but it's up to the team to actually go out there and do it.

That said, I really think this is the year RPI ends its long string of home playoff disappointments.

Comment

Working...
                              X