walrus
02-25-2016, 08:14 PM
Ups

CLS
02-26-2016, 08:12 AM
Same here. UPS.

Nick Papagiorgio
02-26-2016, 08:50 AM
Got mine as well. Pretty bland looking tickets.

alfablue
02-26-2016, 08:52 AM

I saw the same thing when I got them last night. Nothing I would ever consider keeping.

Nick Papagiorgio
02-26-2016, 09:14 AM
I saw the same thing when I got them last night. Nothing I would ever consider keeping.

Dark, drab, there is just not enough color.

pgb-ohio
02-26-2016, 12:01 PM
Thursday & UPS for me as well.

I saw the same thing when I got them last night. Nothing I would ever consider keeping.Looks like they really do want to transition away from paper tickets. If yes, it's a problem for many consumers, and a shame for collectors. But it certainly appears that the NCAA's decision is to keep the paper option alive a little longer, but to cut their "losses" along the way.

satking
02-26-2016, 12:07 PM

This will change as soon as the NC$$ realizes they can sell adds on them

Nick Papagiorgio
02-26-2016, 12:36 PM
This will change as soon as the NC$$ realizes they can sell adds on them

An ad for a local nudie bar would have spruced up this year's tickets for sure. :D

Scarlet
02-26-2016, 12:47 PM

Looks like they really do want to transition away from paper tickets. If yes, it's a problem for many consumers, and a shame for collectors. But it certainly appears that the NCAA's decision is to keep the paper option alive a little longer, but to cut their "losses" along the way.

Not sure what you mean here. Do you think they skimped on design because they're hoping to transition to online tickets so this year's design isn't up to par?

I'm a little nervous as I am out of town and won't be home till the end of next week. Did UPS leave them them or did they get a signature?

mookie1995
02-26-2016, 12:59 PM
Mine were left on the porch

-ups guy was nice enough to lay a shovel atop them as it was windy

Nick Papagiorgio
02-26-2016, 01:24 PM
Not sure what you mean here. Do you think they skimped on design because they're hoping to transition to online tickets so this year's design isn't up to par?

It makes sense. If they want people to stop picking the paper option because people like to collect them and they want to move people to electronic format so... stop making pretty tickets to deter people from picking this option in the future.

SonofSouthie
02-26-2016, 01:25 PM
Mine were left on the porch

-ups guy was nice enough to lay a shovel atop them as it was windy
I've had a fairly good size box left under the front door mat by UPS. Gee, I wonder what that could be?!?

bostonewe
02-26-2016, 01:30 PM

Looks like they really do want to transition away from paper tickets. If yes, it's a problem for many consumers, and a shame for collectors. But it certainly appears that the NCAA's decision is to keep the paper option alive a little longer, but to cut their "losses" along the way.

Sad to see. Met my (now) husband at the Denver Frozen Four and the images on the front of our wedding programs were based on the design of the ticket from that year.

Bonin21
02-26-2016, 01:31 PM
A lot of the tickets I've kept over the years are ugly as sin, but I like them just as much since I was there and can tell the story.

Scarlet
02-26-2016, 02:49 PM
I really don't think anyone at the NCAA specifically thought "Let's not come up with a cool design for the tickets this year to make it easier to transition to online tickets." I don't think they're that forward thinking. I think they didn't put much effort into it (though maybe the designer thought he/she did) because they put so little effort into everything else surrounding college hockey. If they plan to go to online/print out your own tickets, they're going to do it regardless.

The tickets have never been all that cool but I keep them because they're tickets to a great event. I even keep paper Ticketmaster tickets if it's for a cool event. I don't look at the design as a reason to keep or not keep.

Nick Papagiorgio
02-26-2016, 03:12 PM
At least we finally got separate tickets to each semi again.

exilebear
02-26-2016, 09:44 PM
Got our tickets yesterday, UPS. Been going to Frozen 4 since '95. We've seen a lot of the country in I guess what you'd call a non-traditional way. Yes we are back to a 2 ticket semifinal set up but look at the game times, 5 (running to about 7:30) and 8:30. One hour between. No different than the recent one ticket semis. Just enough time to herd 18,000 sheep out of the building (the letter states building WILL be cleared) and then herd us back in. I miss the good old days when you had time enough to breathe and enjoy a good meal and a couple of beverages in between games. See you in Tampa. Baa, Baa, Baa.