PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

WiscTJK
03-02-2016, 06:30 PM
I sent Jason King an email and he replied that he stands behind his responses to the questions that he was asked.

BuB
03-02-2016, 07:00 PM
I know that most people's opinion hasn't changed - but it certainly seems as though people's guess as to if MM is back or not certainly seems to have changed!

solovsfett
03-02-2016, 07:58 PM
I know that most people's opinion hasn't changed - but it certainly seems as though people's guess as to if MM is back or not certainly seems to have changed!

yeah, I'm majorly bummed. I sent him (JK) email (like that will help anything) and as far as Badger Fund money i'm going to have a very long talk with the family about the idea that moving away from donations to Wisconsin Athletics is our best course until or unless a change is made in hockey.

Wisconsin Hockey: would Badger Bob even recognize this team or its fanbase?

markwojo
03-02-2016, 09:45 PM
I would be absolutely stunned to see Eaves not fired or resigned by the Monday of the weekend the season ends. The end is near and anything King or the athletic dept has to say at this point days from the end is nothing more then the dreaded vote of confidence. AD's don't say we are axing the guy in a couple weeks at this point in the process.....they give the token vote of confidence and then drop the ax when the season ends.

RedStripes
03-02-2016, 09:47 PM
yeah, I'm majorly bummed. I sent him (JK) email (like that will help anything) and as far as Badger Fund money i'm going to have a very long talk with the family about the idea that moving away from donations to Wisconsin Athletics is our best course until or unless a change is made in hockey.

Wisconsin Hockey: would Badger Bob even recognize this team or its fanbase?

If these two years aren't enough to get MM fired you might as well order the gold watch because he'll be retiring from here when he decides to!

Timothy A
03-02-2016, 10:34 PM
I would be absolutely stunned to see Eaves not fired or resigned by the Monday of the weekend the season ends. The end is near and anything King or the athletic dept has to say at this point days from the end is nothing more then the dreaded vote of confidence. AD's don't say we are axing the guy in a couple weeks at this point in the process.....they give the token vote of confidence and then drop the ax when the season ends.

good point.

Timothy A
03-03-2016, 01:40 PM
Can we draw any parallels to the Pete Waite situation in VB? He had a lot of success, especially early, then things sort of petered out for him. I assume he was let go for performance issues. His replacement certainly is a home run. BA and JK should use that situation as an example of how easily things can be turned around. If one looks at that, MM is in the same boat as Waite was. Now that Gard is out of the way, it's Kelsey's turn, then MM.

goofy gopher
03-03-2016, 03:43 PM
From an outsiders prospective it sure seems like Eaves will get another year. One less year to have to buy out,and maybe they are headed in the right direction with recruits and younger players. The pitch last year MUST have been to rebuild and the administration must have been comfortable with Eaves and new staff doing the rebuilding.

WiscTJK
03-03-2016, 03:59 PM
From an outsiders prospective it sure seems like Eaves will get another year. One less year to have to buy out,and maybe they are headed in the right direction with recruits and younger players. The pitch last year MUST have been to rebuild and the administration must have been comfortable with Eaves and new staff doing the rebuilding.

When goof fans (many, not just goofy goof) say Eaves should be retained, then it is clearly the time to dump him...

William Blake
03-03-2016, 04:02 PM
I'm surprised no one mentioned the $415k that eaves made last year for that 4 win performance, reported in that article. Would definitely be nice to make $100,000 per win. I can see why he wouldn't resign.

RedStripes
03-03-2016, 04:16 PM
I'm surprised no one mentioned the $415k that eaves made last year for that 4 win performance, reported in that article. Would definitely be nice to make $100,000 per win. I can see why he wouldn't resign.

I also recall reading that the Athletic Department projected a loss of $400,000 in ticket revenue this year. The buyout looks a lot like a wash

bucky15
03-03-2016, 10:47 PM
I was bored and curious tonight.

OT record in the last 10 years is 8-20-47 (3 wins came in one season 13/14)

This year, take away the wins against ASU, which is a D3/club team and we once again have only 4 wins.

UWisco
03-03-2016, 11:12 PM

This year, take away the wins against ASU, which is a D3/club team and we once again have only 4 wins.

Criticize ASU as much as you want. But remember, Penn State used to be that bad and look where they are today. Some of you need some foresight.

WiscTJK
03-03-2016, 11:13 PM

And two wins are Alaska ranked 55 of 60 teams in div 1 (ASU is 59).

WiscTJK
03-03-2016, 11:15 PM
Criticize ASU as much as you want. But remember, Penn State used to be that bad and look where they are today. Some of you need some foresight.

The point Bucky was making is they are bad this year....not a rip on a first year div 1 team. Just shows how bad things are in Madison......

LordofBrewtown
03-04-2016, 08:07 AM
And two wins are Alaska ranked 55 of 60 teams in div 1 (ASU is 59). And Alaska's star player/Hobey candidate did not play in the Saturday game, and was banged up Friday.

LordofBrewtown
03-04-2016, 08:12 AM
Can we draw any parallels to the Pete Waite situation in VB? He had a lot of success, especially early, then things sort of petered out for him. I assume he was let go for performance issues. His replacement certainly is a home run. BA and JK should use that situation as an example of how easily things can be turned around. If one looks at that, MM is in the same boat as Waite was. Now that Gard is out of the way, it's Kelsey's turn, then MM.

Well, I wouldn't call Waite's replacement a home run yet… Carlini is just a fantastic setter, and perhaps the lone reason for our success. She was recruited by Waite (and was the #1 recruit in the nation), and decided to stay despite the coaching change. We may have had that success with Waite as coach anyway…and it remains to be seen if Sheffield will maintain the recent success after Carlini graduates.

bucky15
03-04-2016, 09:04 AM
The point Bucky was making is they are bad this year....not a rip on a first year div 1 team. Just shows how bad things are in Madison......

Correct, that was my point. I hope ASU does quite well soon, it is good for college hockey.

Timothy A
03-04-2016, 09:20 AM
Well, I wouldn't call Waite's replacement a home run yet… Carlini is just a fantastic setter, and perhaps the lone reason for our success. She was recruited by Waite (and was the #1 recruit in the nation), and decided to stay despite the coaching change. We may have had that success with Waite as coach anyway…and it remains to be seen if Sheffield will maintain the recent success after Carlini graduates.

Just the kind of insight I was looking for. Thanks.

Timothy A
03-04-2016, 09:23 AM

This is not too far off base. JK seems to be buying it too.