• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

At women's game. Blowout but fun. Off to Greenbush bar for some za

Comment

I feel like we would be a good team if we had a single clue what defensive structure is supposed to look like.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
        I feel like we would be a good team if we had a single clue what defensive structure is supposed to look like.
        There is some scoring talent on this team for the new regime to utilize. I sure thought Strand and Bittner would help clean up D zone issues, but I was wrong.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

In fairness to the new assistant coaches, the cupboard is pretty bare on D. While we have a roster of 29 players, we are somehow in a position where we are having to play forwards on D....and not because of some catastrophic rash of you are on your 3rd or 4th injury to a dman. By Wisconsin historical standards....this group is embarrassingly bad. While it is not much of an indictment to say not a single one of the current D would have sniffed a shift on the '10 team (that is probably the single best collection of dmen to play on a team ever), a telling statement would be that very few of the current group would have seen the ice on any of the Oz (and prior) recruited teams the first decade of Eaves tenure. Wisconsin teams back to the 70's have almost always had (at least) that one guy that you knew was going to be a stud pro or at the very least an All American caliber Dman. Who is that guy on this team...or even remotely close?

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
            In fairness to the new assistant coaches, the cupboard is pretty bare on D. While we have a roster of 29 players, we are somehow in a position where we are having to play forwards on D....and not because of some catastrophic rash of you are on your 3rd or 4th injury to a dman. By Wisconsin historical standards....this group is embarrassingly bad. While it is not much of an indictment to say not a single one of the current D would have sniffed a shift on the '10 team (that is probably the single best collection of dmen to play on a team ever), a telling statement would be that very few of the current group would have seen the ice on any of the Oz (and prior) recruited teams the first decade of Eaves tenure. Wisconsin teams back to the 70's have almost always had (at least) that one guy that you knew was going to be a stud pro or at the very least an All American caliber Dman. Who is that guy on this team...or even remotely close?
            Can't sound tactics mostly cover up lack of talent?
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              With sound tactics you may be able to steal a game from time to time. We have neither tactics or talent, so it is a mute point.

I really thought a couple months ago that this team was capable of winning 12-15 games (still not great by no means). That clearly is not going to happen. They would be lucky to reach 8 wins.

BA appears to have his BBALL coach already, so the issue of him not being able to handle two tasks a once should be solved.

The last two years have been pitiful, I never thought 4 wins was possible. Just based on puck luck, a team should be able to win more than 4......

5 games left in the Eaves Era, it is a shame it has gotten this bad for a person who should be remembered as one of the greatest Badgers.

Comment

http://m.startribune.com/big-ten-hoc...ota/370397541/

Looks like the Gophers long for the good old days as well!

Comment

Well, with last place all but secure, I'd give Miller a start or two in goal. At least for Senior day. I might have given him the start last night. Would give Matt a little rest before heading into the conference tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                    With sound tactics you may be able to steal a game from time to time. We have neither tactics or talent, so it is a mute point.

I really thought a couple months ago that this team was capable of winning 12-15 games (still not great by no means). That clearly is not going to happen. They would be lucky to reach 8 wins.

BA appears to have his BBALL coach already, so the issue of him not being able to handle two tasks a once should be solved.

The last two years have been pitiful, I never thought 4 wins was possible. Just based on puck luck, a team should be able to win more than 4......

5 games left in the Eaves Era, it is a shame it has gotten this bad for a person who should be remembered as one of the greatest Badgers.
                    Mike eaves will always be remembered as one of the greatest badgers......

Comment

Unless we see a shocking win in the next two weeks, this team will actually be WORSE (standings-wise) in Big Ten play than they were last year when they won 2 games in conference play and 4 games overall.

There is no polishing of this turd. Barry and JK should have a form completed on the UW job openings board and just have a reminder to click the 'Finish' button on Thursday March 17th as soon as the game is done.
                      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Bratbill View Post
                        http://m.startribune.com/big-ten-hoc...ota/370397541/

Looks like the Gophers long for the good old days as well!
                        The article states Minnesota was obligated to join the b10...my question Is how long are they contractually (or league rule) obligated to remain? When can they bolt? Why can't this beike football then where teams leave for greener pastures all the time?

Also, I'm belaboring the point but I think many of us saw this result coming.

I'll align with gopher fans on this. I couldn't care less about Michigan, msu, osu or psu
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                          This by far has to be the most useless group of defenseman in the history of our program. If there was a way we could throw all of them off the team we should do it. Hell they cant play defene can't score and most of them keep tripping over the blue blue line other ythan that they are pretty good hockey players.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            The article states Minnesota was obligated to join the b10...my question Is how long are they contractually (or league rule) obligated to remain? When can they bolt? Why can't this beike football then where teams leave for greener pastures all the time?
                            When teams bolt for greener pastures in football, they're also doing it in all their other sports...unless you are suggesting that Minnesota might leave the Big Ten all because of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              Nope, never.
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                I'll align with gopher fans on this. I couldn't care less about Michigan, msu, osu or psu
                                Agreed.

I enjoyed the non-con games against the Michigans, but B1G hockey sucks so hard.

Had people over last night and we had the SCSU/UMD game on in the background and everyone there was lamenting the old conference too.

I believe that most Badger fans feel this way.

From that article:

"The Big Ten tournament returns to Xcel this season, with little apparent buzz. Tickets are not being sold for the upper deck, indicating limited interest."

Not surprising, but... Ouch.

Comment

Working...
                                X