PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey XXXVII: Waiting for the axe to fall

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

KaMiGo
02-26-2016, 01:55 PM
For those going to the women's games this weekend, free parking will be at lots 33 and 45. There's some wrestling crap going on at the KC so lot 91 is not free this weekend. Be sure you DVR the men's game when you go to the women's game. Is there any way the UW and UM women can avoid a semi's matchup in the ncaa's? I think not. I wish there was a forum for women's hockey. That would be so cool.

UW Badgers twitter account confirms that the band will be at LaBahn, at least for tonight.

UWisco
02-26-2016, 02:01 PM
The one just to the north of the rr tracks?

McGuire is playing D in place of Sexton, who is nicked up.

Seems like he's always "nicked" up. Have to think his costly turnover last Saturday may have played a role as well.

WiscDC
02-26-2016, 03:07 PM
The one just to the north of the rr tracks?

Just south of the tracks. It connects to that building with the FedEx and Panera, and goes behind Nordic all the way to East Campus Mall, a little south of the tunnel.

Timothy A
02-26-2016, 04:44 PM
Just south of the tracks. It connects to that building with the FedEx and Panera, and goes behind Nordic all the way to East Campus Mall, a little south of the tunnel.

They've been charging for that lot for women's games lately, so I switched to Lot 91.

Gurtholfin
02-26-2016, 07:44 PM
Malone's goal was pretty sick.

Gurtholfin
02-26-2016, 08:41 PM
Yeah... I'm like the most surprised guy in the world right about now.

KaMiGo
02-26-2016, 08:45 PM
Yeah... I'm like the most surprised guy in the world right about now.

How about now we see some free hockey? Players just trying to make sure everyone gets good value for their tickets.

Ice Bisquit
02-26-2016, 08:47 PM
I'm sorry - but Jurusick must find a way to win this game. A good goalie would not be giving up goals in this situation. He is just not that good (like the rest of this team)!

Gurtholfin
02-26-2016, 09:01 PM
We win the "skills" contest!!!

Nice game by Bucky. Too bad they can't hold a freaking lead.

In a case like this, a tie is a loss.

Gurtholfin
02-26-2016, 09:02 PM
Oh yeah and while all shootouts are terrible, NCAA ones are brutal.

Gurtholfin
02-26-2016, 09:05 PM
Silver lining:

No pregame for Gopher or Wolverine fans.

Instead, they had to watch two of the worst teams in college hockey.

:D

Gurtholfin
02-26-2016, 09:07 PM
As a side...

Gopher attendance looks almost as bad as ours.

WiscDC
02-26-2016, 10:52 PM
Players just trying to make sure everyone gets good value for their tickets.

Letting the fans see some extra hockey was a seriously classy move by the Badgers!

Timothy A
02-27-2016, 12:36 AM
I'm sorry - but Jurusick must find a way to win this game. A good goalie would not be giving up goals in this situation. He is just not that good (like the rest of this team)!

You can't blame Jurusic, he probably should even be playing college hockey this year. He got a break when oPILLka bolted and got a chance to play college this year. He's the best we have. What sucks is MM whiffed totally on Grunwald and he let OPILLka get away. The kid was committed for at least 2 years, I don't know how you as a coach don't seal the deal on that guy, he was critical to this year. Screwing up on him and Boeser up really torpedoed this season, that and the fact the upper classmen besides snakebit Besse can't score. The nightmare is over in a few weeks, sorry for opening up old recruiting wounds, it just sucks to flush a whole year, again.

bucky15
02-27-2016, 10:32 AM
You can't blame Jurusic, he probably should even be playing college hockey this year. He got a break when oPILLka bolted and got a chance to play college this year. He's the best we have. What sucks is MM whiffed totally on Grunwald and he let OPILLka get away. The kid was committed for at least 2 years, I don't know how you as a coach don't seal the deal on that guy, he was critical to this year. Screwing up on him and Boeser up really torpedoed this season, that and the fact the upper classmen besides snakebit Besse can't score. The nightmare is over in a few weeks, sorry for opening up old recruiting wounds, it just sucks to flush a whole year, again.

To be fair, no college hockey coach would have sealed the deal on Opilka after he got drafted by St. Louis.

Happy
02-27-2016, 10:41 AM
As a side...

Gopher attendance looks almost as bad as ours.

No. It was great to be there.

also, any chance Barry is going to fire Eaves, and coach the last game in the Big Ten tourney himself?

ExileOnDaytonStreet
02-27-2016, 01:30 PM
To be fair, no college hockey coach would have sealed the deal on Opilka after he got drafted by St. Louis.

They have an example of what at badger goalie can be on their roster, so I sincerely doubt that UW's current/recent form had nothing to do with it.

Gurtholfin
02-27-2016, 02:12 PM
No. It was great to be there.

No doubt.

I always love being able to put my feet up on the empty seat in front of me. Luxurious. :)

Glad you guys can do the same.

Happy
02-27-2016, 03:41 PM
No doubt.

I always love being able to put my feet up on the empty seat in front of me. Luxurious. :)

Glad you guys can do the same.

Nope, my area is almost all long time season tickets holders, and they tend to show up.

bucky15
02-27-2016, 06:05 PM
They have an example of what at badger goalie can be on their roster, so I sincerely doubt that UW's current/recent form had nothing to do with it.

He would have ended up at Kitchener no matter what school he was committed to, after the Blues drafted him. Al MacInnis is the Senior Advisor to the GM for the Blues. Yes the current situation, most likely made the convincing much easier.