2016 Pairwise Calculator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Pairwise Calculator

Have at it. Let me know of any issues and let everyone know if you find some interesting scenarios!

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...ege-quinnipiac
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 02-21-2016, 04:01 PM.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Re: 2016 Pairwise Calculator

So in many many scenarios, I see...

1. BC
    2. Minn or Wisc
    3. Wisc or Minn
    4. Q
    5. Clarkson
    6. NE
    7. Princeton
    8. CHA

Assuming only 2 WCHA teams, who travels west? CHA and Princeton? If yes, so BC vs NE again. Q vs Clarkson again for sure.

Comment

Really depends on who wins the CHA

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        Have at it. Let me know of any issues and let everyone know if you find some interesting scenarios!
        Pretty handy!

Comment

Originally posted by PuckRush View Post
          So in many many scenarios, I see...

1. BC
          2. Minn or Wisc
          3. Wisc or Minn
          4. Q
          5. Clarkson
          6. NE
          7. Princeton
          8. CHA

Assuming only 2 WCHA teams, who travels west? CHA and Princeton? If yes, so BC vs NE again. Q vs Clarkson again for sure.
          I assume CHA has the pleasure of getting their a**es kicked by BC since that would be 1vs8 as it should be. I don't care enough to look it up, which 2 would cost the least to send West? That will be your answer

Comment

Tried your calculator. If I have Cornell upsetting Clarkson in the quarters and NE, Bemidji, Prinny and Mercyhurst winning the tournaments, Northeastern is listed as #6 in the pairwise and as the 2nd team out in your calculator. Seems as long as NE wins HE, your calculator has them in the tourney but also listed as the 2nd team out.

It also looks to me like Clarkson can lose in the ECAC Quarters and still make the NC$$ Tourney as long as BC wins HE or Minny or Wisco win the WCHA. The only way I see Bemidji in is if they win the WCHA.
            Last edited by vicb; 02-21-2016, 06:32 PM.
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
              Tried your calculator. If I have Cornell upsetting Clarkson in the quarters and NE, Bemidji, Prinny and Mercyhurst winning the tournaments, Northeastern is listed as #6 in the pairwise and as the 2nd team out in your calculator. Seems as long as NE wins HE, your calculator has them in the tourney but also listed as the 2nd team out.
              God that one cell is the bane of my existence... I had this problem last year too lol

Thanks for pointing it out. I just fixed it. The tournament field/rankings were correct, just the 2nd team out identifier was wrong. It's all set now. Let me know if you have this issue again!
              Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 02-21-2016, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                I don't care enough to look it up, which 2 would cost the least to send West? That will be your answer
                RIT and Syracuse would stay east. Any other CHA champion goes west.

Comment

RIT and Syracuse would stay east. Any other CHA champion goes west.
                  Isn't the distance required for a flight 300 miles? If so, Syracuse is the only CHA team close enough to Boston to drive; Rochester is listed as about 394 miles. Princeton looks to be the only 5-7 ranked team within that distance, too.

I was really hoping that Princeton was out of range, so that Hockey East fans would get to feel our pain by watching a BC/Northeastern quarterfinal.

I can't get the flash on Grant's spreadsheet to work, but it looks like, barring quarterfinal strangeness or a lot of upsets, Carkson/Quinnipiac is just about locked in as a quarterfinal. Assuming that the CHA champ goes west, Princeton and Northeastern look to be in a tight race to see who goes to Newton, and who goes to Minnesota/Wisconsin.

Comment

I believe the distance is 400 miles, not 300.

And I'm not sure it's a foregone conclusion that the CHA champion goes west. It's probably between Cuse and Hurst (I mean, obviously) and Cuse only finished 1 point back.

Comment

And I'm not sure it's a foregone conclusion that the CHA champion goes west. It's probably between Cuse and Hurst (I mean, obviously) and Cuse only finished 1 point back.
                      I don't think we should write off any of the CHA teams as possible winners of that tournament.

Comment

With the possible exception of Lindenwood-to-Madison, none of the possible CHA champs are within 400 miles of Madison, with Minneapolis even farther away. So why would a CHA champ go to either, rather than to Boston? A plane trip is a plane trip (and a non-stop to Boston is easy to manage than one to Madison.)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                          With the possible exception of Lindenwood-to-Madison, none of the possible CHA champs are within 400 miles of Madison, with Minneapolis even farther away. So why would a CHA champ go to either, rather than to Boston? A plane trip is a plane trip (and a non-stop to Boston is easy to manage than one to Madison.)
                          Because they can be replaced with a team that is within the driving distance to Boston, while the teams going to Minneapolis and Madison will be flying regardless, unless there is an upset winner in the WCHA tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                            Because they can be replaced with a team that is within the driving distance to Boston, while the teams going to Minneapolis and Madison will be flying regardless, unless there is an upset winner in the WCHA tournament.
                            Yes. Stupid of me. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                              I can't get the flash on Grant's spreadsheet to work, but it looks like, barring quarterfinal strangeness or a lot of upsets, Carkson/Quinnipiac is just about locked in as a quarterfinal. Assuming that the CHA champ goes west, Princeton and Northeastern look to be in a tight race to see who goes to Newton, and who goes to Minnesota/Wisconsin.
                              The one way I can see in which Clarkson/Quinni mightn't be locked in is if Clarkson goes ahead and hosts the QF, and Mercyhurst is CHA champion. Erie to Potsdam is a bus ride (371 miles!). But I haven't worked this through to see if that eliminates a flight or merely shifts it around.

Comment

Working...
                              X