UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fightingsiouxfan16 View Post
    I only paid a 100 bucks for my room which is pretty cheap. What did you pay out by Suny Albany
    About that much... but I don't have to worry about parking near the hotel. I may have to deal with game parking and even then I might get a cab depending upon ease.

I could have done the same but I didn't want to pay for multiple public garage trips
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Re: UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread II

Originally posted by Patman View Post
      About that much... but I don't have to worry about parking near the hotel except for the game and even then I might get a cab depending upon ease.

I could have done the same but I didn't want to pay for multiple public garage trips
      Im parking at my hotel and taking the shuttle or walking over to the arena. Im not paying for parking all weekend. Im assuming parking at the hotel is free and the shuttle is free.

Comment

UML's tournament page is updated and notes that the Lowell's official pre-game headquarters is The Pearl Street Pub (1 Stueben Place) beginning at 4:00 on Saturday.
        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

No bus trip means very few students I expect. Basically limits it to anyone with friends who go to school in the Albany area. Disappointing.
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
            No bus trip means very few students I expect. Basically limits it to anyone with friends who go to school in the Albany area. Disappointing.
            I'm sure Lowell will get their act together on that as they usually do run buses. They had a bus to Bridgeport and the distance to Albany isn't much further. Even Northeastern is running a student bus to Cincinnati. I'd be very surprised if Lowell doesn't run a student bus and if that's the case, major step back and failure on the school's part. It does say "at this time" there is no student bus on UML's tournament page so hopefully that changes in a couple of days.
            Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
              It does say "at this time" there is no student bus on UML's tournament page so hopefully that changes in a couple of days.
              They might well be trying to arrange for a bus but haven't finalized it yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by tape View Post
                They might well be trying to arrange for a bus but haven't finalized it yet.
                Yeah, those things do take a little time. If they don't have anything by tomorrow I would start to wonder
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

As suspected, planning takes time and there will be a student bus for Albany -

"A student bus will be provided each day, leaving from Fox Hall at 2pm Saturday, returning after the game and departing Fox Hall again at 2pm Sunday (should the River Hawks win Saturday night)."
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

As suspected, planning takes time and there will be a student bus for Albany -

"A student bus will be provided each day, leaving from Fox Hall at 2pm Saturday, returning after the game and departing Fox Hall again at 2pm Sunday (should the River Hawks win Saturday night)."
                    Very happy to hear that they got it done. The more students and fans the better the atmosphere. Good job Lowell for putting it together

Comment

Originally posted by fightingsiouxfan16 View Post
                      Very happy to hear that they got it done. The more students and fans the better the atmosphere. Good job Lowell for putting it together
                      Lowell leads HE in attendance and is 8th nationally. They also travel very, very well to the Garden for the league tournament each year as well as when they're in NCAA regionals. Outnumbered UNH fans in Manchester in 2013 and it was in UNH's backyard as well as Yale fans at the Frozen Four. Huge numbers in Worcester two years ago and in Bridgeport in 2012, pretty much equal in distance to Albany, many were there also so would expect a great turnout in Albany. My only fear is with Easter weekend that it could cut into numbers but hopefully not.
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Lowell leads HE in attendance and is 8th nationally. They also travel very, very well to the Garden for the league tournament each year as well as when they're in NCAA regionals. Outnumbered UNH fans in Manchester in 2013 and it was in UNH's backyard as well as Yale fans at the Frozen Four. Huge numbers in Worcester two years ago and in Bridgeport in 2012, pretty much equal in distance to Albany, many were there also so would expect a great turnout in Albany. My only fear is with Easter weekend that it could cut into numbers but hopefully not.
                        yes im thinking the same thing. You can get a good crowd saturday but then lose out on a good crowd sunday. But for the not so religious people are you willing to give up easter sunday to go watch your team possibly make it to the final four

Comment

Originally posted by fightingsiouxfan16 View Post
                          yes im thinking the same thing. You can get a good crowd saturday but then lose out on a good crowd sunday. But for the not so religious people are you willing to give up easter sunday to go watch your team possibly make it to the final four
                          The plan is being done with Easter stuff by mid afternoon and then drive back out to Albany around 4:00 if Lowell's in the final. Game is at 7:30 and it's only a 2.5 hour drive, give or take.

I know some other Lowell fans who have shifted Easter dinner to Friday night so they can just stay out in Albany all weekend. So we're all working it!
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

The plan is being done with Easter stuff by mid afternoon and then drive back out to Albany around 4:00 if Lowell's in the final. Game is at 7:30 and it's only a 2.5 hour drive, give or take.

I know some other Lowell fans who have shifted Easter dinner to Friday night so they can just stay out in Albany all weekend. So we're all working it!
                            Very nice to hear. I am getting up there saturday afternoon and hanging out until sunday night game is done. Should be a great weekend with some great hockey. I think albany has the most defensive bracket of all the regionals. The goalies stats are great.

Comment

There is no doubt attendence with Sundays game will be hurt pretty dramatically...and probably even Saturday do to Easter. If the NCAA is worried so much about attendance at these regionals, maybe they should have made all four Friday and Saturday this year.

Comment

Originally posted by UML03 View Post
                                There is no doubt attendence with Sundays game will be hurt pretty dramatically...and probably even Saturday do to Easter. If the NCAA is worried so much about attendance at these regionals, maybe they should have made all four Friday and Saturday this year.
                                They would have been killed friday with people going to work and school so thats not the greatest of answer anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X