Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coaching changes for 2016-17

Originally posted by all bear View Post
    Seems obvious he will get at least a two year extension . Maybe with caveat that if in those two years there is not significant improvement it will be his last extension. That would be my guess.
    I hear you on the 2 year extension..."BUT" why not add JUST 1 year...that gives him 2 years to get it together or else...after seeing the extension deals during the Tim Whitehead era/3 year deals...much too long and gives too much wiggle room imo. Because of recruiting you need certain assurances that the Coaches will be there who recruited you...but they should just say...you have a four year deal and live with it and we will deal with the extension issue 3/4 into next season...that's the real way to go...won't happen. But pressure NEED's to be applied to RG...plain & simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      I hear you on the 2 year extension..."BUT" why not add JUST 1 year...that gives him 2 years to get it together or else...after seeing the extension deals during the Tim Whitehead era/3 year deals...much too long and gives too much wiggle room imo. Because of recruiting you need certain assurances that the Coaches will be there who recruited you...but they should just say...you have a four year deal and live with it and we will deal with the extension issue 3/4 into next season...that's the real way to go...won't happen. But pressure NEED's to be applied to RG...plain & simple.
      The problem I'd guess is what recruit is going to sign with a coach who doesn't even have job security?
      BS UMass Lowell 2015
      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
        The problem I'd guess is what recruit is going to sign with a coach who doesn't even have job security?
        Never easy 4-sure. That's why being a losing program has a lot of harder work to do. Problem is there needs to be Hockey people involved and our AD has NO experience in hockey...we all know that to solve these problems you have to know the game and what it means to the whole University and State wide. He NEEDS help and I don't mean to slam him, but advice in the right way to turn this MESS around.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
          Never easy 4-sure. That's why being a losing program has a lot of harder work to do. Problem is there needs to be Hockey people involved and our AD has NO experience in hockey...we all know that to solve these problems you have to know the game and what it means to the whole University and State wide. He NEEDS help and I don't mean to slam him, but advice in the right way to turn this MESS around.
          Absolutely, I just think any coach would argue giving out one year contacts are setting them up to fail. It has got to be pretty difficult to balance
          BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Absolutely, I just think any coach would argue giving out one year contacts are setting them up to fail. It has got to be pretty difficult to balance
            Of course a coach is going to say that. I would too, if it would get me a bunch of guaranteed money. But ultimately, the coach's job security, or lack thereof, is determined by his record, not his contract situation. And what's costing him quality recruits isn't his contract status, it's his W-L record, and how many players he's getting to the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
              Of course a coach is going to say that. I would too, if it would get me a bunch of guaranteed money. But ultimately, the coach's job security, or lack thereof, is determined by his record, not his contract situation. And what's costing him quality recruits isn't his contract status, it's his W-L record, and how many players he's getting to the next level.
              Just saw he just got a 2 year extension. So there's that
              BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Just saw he just got a 2 year extension. So there's that
                I'm not saying that argument doesn't work. I'm just saying it's an argument that doesn't make any sense!

Comment

Love the USCHO headline. Maine rewards Gendron. Um, for what exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Love the USCHO headline. Maine rewards Gendron. Um, for what exactly?
                    ....and so it begins. http://http://www.uscho.com/2016/03/...-coaching-job/
                    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• Re: Coaching changes for 2016-17

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                      I like Anastos the person a lot but I will be so bummed if a change isn't made after this season. It will be the most demoralized I have ever been in my life regarding MSU hockey. i probably won't step foot back in this place until October.
                      I see Gwoz at the replacement here. George is good at the rebuild.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                        Probably a good time to start looking at the possible changes coming up. Too many to even list. Brown, Princeton experiment, Eaves, Anasto, is Red going to retire, is Donato in play, Vaughan, Madigan and on and on and on.
                        Can't understand Vaughan, just built a new barn, Andy just got an extension last year so tough pay out. I see Gwoz getting MSU or Wisconsin job
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Just saw U Mass fires Micheletto
                          Rinks Visited
                          DCU Center
                          Tulley Forum
                          TD Garden
                          Tsongas Arena
                          J. Thom Lawler Arena
                          Conte Forum
                          Whittemore Center
                          Agganis Arena
                          Verizon Center
                          Gutterson Fieldhouse
                          Matthews Arena
                          Thompson Arena
                          Mullins Center
                          Alfond Arena
                          Schneider Arena
                          Magness Arena
                          Ingallas Arena
                          Hart Center
                          Prudential Center
                          TD Bank Sports Center
                          John A Ryan
                          Lynah Rink
                          Appleton Arena
                          Cheel Arena
                          Germain Arena
                          XL Center
                          Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

So, whats the next move????

Comment

Rip van Winkle?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Rip van Winkle?
                                No, he's going to keep coaching the Wolverines.

Comment

Working...
                                X