Coaching changes for 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coaching changes for 2016-17

Top (bottom?) two guys on this list have to be anastos and micheletto. Everyone else playing for 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Top (bottom?) two guys on this list have to be anastos and micheletto. Everyone else playing for 3rd.
      As much as it hurts to write it, Anastos is probably safe for one more season.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        So, it's wishful thinking on your part then. And you have no inside knowledge as you have lead everyone here to believe. Cool beans.
        Oh I do, like I said there is no immediate timeframe. Just may not be the fit that both sides originally thought. Why would it be wishful thinking on my part? What do I care?

Comment

The DQ/NHL rumor has been circulating in certain quarters. I don't think anybody's saying it's a done deal or that anything is even going to happen. Just that that there are whispers.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
            The DQ/NHL rumor has been circulating in certain quarters. I don't think anybody's saying it's a done deal or that anything is even going to happen. Just that that there are whispers.
            ?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              I have never heard that the players didn't want to play for Oz and/or that he was abusive. How do you know this if it was never released? Was the complaints from kids he didn't recruit? He had some great recruiting classes in Madison and for OSU and recruits left Wisco to play for Oz.
              That is just what I heard from people closer to the program than I am. Nothing was ever printed or released, that's why I used the word "supposedly" and added "so who knows" at the end. I am not sure which players complained. As I have said in the past, I thought Oz had the program moving in the right direction and I thought it was a mistake to let him go. He did have some great recruits here and if he had been allowed to finish what he started, I don't think it's a stretch to say our program would be in a better state today than it's in.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                Don't know much about Rohlik's coaching abilities, but I'd be willing to give him a little bit of a break in that with Osiecki's firing, OSU lost a terrific recruiting class (Sheehy, Stepan, Watson, Dougherty, Valleau) that scattered out to other schools. That's weakened both their junior and sophomore classes. Again, not saying he's the right man for the job, but I'd be a little more patient with him than with a guy like Anastos
                Next season will be Rohlik's 4th. I think four seasons should be sufficient to at least get a program moving forward. If the program moves forward next season, then let the athletic department start working on his contract extension. If the program doesn't move forward, then it might be time to cut ties with Rohlik and try to bring in someone better. I'll agree that we did lose a great recruiting class when we fired Oz. The whole Oz firing seemed to be a knee-jerk reaction at the time. It did not appear to be a well thought-out decision by the athletic department and now we are paying for it with subpar performances and results.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                  Oh I do, like I said there is no immediate timeframe. Just may not be the fit that both sides originally thought. Why would it be wishful thinking on my part? What do I care?
                  Because you don't like BU. I've seen your posts. So you hear a rumor, post it like you have inside knowledge. Rumors have been around since day one of his tenure. If you have something more concrete, then tell us. Otherwise you're just a Hokydad wannabe.

Comment

Anastos and Eaves need to go. Their track record the past two years is embarrassing for these two once-proud schools. Red and Don won't get canned because they've been at it so long, they will have to leave on their own accord.

Comment

Because you don't like BU. I've seen your posts. So you hear a rumor, post it like you have inside knowledge. Rumors have been around since day one of his tenure. If you have something more concrete, then tell us. Otherwise you're just a Hokydad wannabe.
                      1) Rumors on an anonymous Internet Message Board? Shirley you can't be serious.
                      B) Why the hell would anyone want to be like Hokydad?

Comment

I like Anastos the person a lot but I will be so bummed if a change isn't made after this season. It will be the most demoralized I have ever been in my life regarding MSU hockey. i probably won't step foot back in this place until October.

Comment

I don't know the hokydad reference. I have spoken to someone who has is very aware of the situation. But this was a thread about people speculating about coaching changes. I just made a comment that something at BU could happen in he near future. I was very surprised as I thought when they hired him he was in for the long haul.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                            I don't know the hokydad reference. I have spoken to someone who has is very aware of the situation. But this was a thread about people speculating about coaching changes. I just made a comment that something at BU could happen in he near future. I was very surprised as I thought when they hired him he was in for the long haul.
                            I agree, that is actually good speculation. I don't see Quinn being around for much more that another year. NHL guy of some sorts in my eye.

Comment

Will be interesting to see what happens @ Maine, when season ends. No progress in the 3 years of RG era, with not much better in site for year 4 of his contract. Questions...does Maine keep RG for 4th season...extend contract(no...but you never know @ Maine)...Buy-Out and begin over(again)...Keep RG without a extension and make year 4 a get it done and move forward path or year 4 is his last. Get there BLANK together and bring in some people that have Hockey Experience to run the Athletic Department and make the hockey moves needed to TRY and get this Program back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                                Will be interesting to see what happens @ Maine, when season ends. No progress in the 3 years of RG era, with not much better in site for year 4 of his contract. Questions...does Maine keep RG for 4th season...extend contract(no...but you never know @ Maine)...Buy-Out and begin over(again)...Keep RG without a extension and make year 4 a get it done and move forward path or year 4 is his last. Get there BLANK together and bring in some people that have Hockey Experience to run the Athletic Department and make the hockey moves needed to TRY and get this Program back on track.
                                Seems obvious he will get at least a two year extension . Maybe with caveat that if in those two years there is not significant improvement it will be his last extension. That would be my guess.
                                sure why not

Comment

Working...
                                X