Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part Three) - Living in Interesting Times

"UNH Comeback vs BU Falls Short"

Includes video highlights.
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Ok Darius am now officially in the Eiserman for top line...☺️ UNH makes it interesting in the third...We hold into 8th thanks to Maine's heroics in OT...And now into UConnnnn...where we have to have to win 1 I think for home ice in Chucks "everybody gets to play" tournament!!
      (the exact phrase escapes me feel free to fix my post) Sighhh
      I didn't see the game. More of the same?
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
        He didn't get kicked out, so I guess not
        UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
          He didn't get kicked out, so I guess not
          Hah! I meant Pots and TK getting knocked around and Eiserman doing some knocking, of course. I still think that Eiserman's physical presence would outweigh any offensive loss from moving Correale down and that putting Correale with Vela would make that line more productive. However, it is a bit late in the season for line changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
            Well, OK, I get your point. But the reality is BU could have had 10 goals last night. Out of position or not, he made the saves. My point is that he should not have had to stand on his head if he had a defense in front of him. Yes, I'm sure he has some bad games that I would realize if I saw more games, but it's pretty tough to be great every night when you are getting constantly bombarded. These guys aren't machines. It's demoralizing to go out there every night and know that you are going to face 40 shots, 20 of them great scoring chances. I guess what I'm saying is that he's not the #1 reason for where UNH sits in the standings.
            I'm not sure most of us ? here have been that hard on DT..we are fully aware that our D has been the major crux of the problem...a good D gives your goalie a chance every night...but you know that 😉 Some nights are better than others for him to be sure. All in all considering everything he's done a good job once he got back on track. While I can give BU a ton of credit for their play over the weekend last night at least one goal was a usual D not covering their assignment for an easy score. I won't mention WHO that was but I can tell you DU wasn't hapoy and that player didn't come back into the game until the middle of the third...
            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
              You mean as far as rough play or stellar play? 😉 I like his skating and like you said.. He's big and physical. But like you said it's doubtful there will be any line changes at this stage of the game..

I'd also like to say that I agree with 'Watcher; Nazarian is most def a top line player if Pots leaves. Another great goal last night!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                I'm not sure most of us ? here have been that hard on DT..we are fully aware that our D has been the major crux of the problem...a good D gives your goalie a chance every night...but you know that 😉 Some nights are better than others for him to be sure. All in all considering everything he's done a good job once he got back on track. While I can give BU a ton of credit for their play over the weekend last night at least one goal was a usual D not covering their assignment for an easy score. I won't mention WHO that was but I can tell you DU wasn't hapoy and that player didn't come back into the game until the middle of the third...
                Come on, who was it? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  Come on, who was it? :-)
                  Agree with Snively65 ... no reason not to mention the offending party.

C'mon HR, out with it.
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    Well, OK, I get your point. But the reality is BU could have had 10 goals last night. Out of position or not, he made the saves. My point is that he should not have had to stand on his head if he had a defense in front of him. Yes, I'm sure he has some bad games that I would realize if I saw more games, but it's pretty tough to be great every night when you are getting constantly bombarded. These guys aren't machines. It's demoralizing to go out there every night and know that you are going to face 40 shots, 20 of them great scoring chances. I guess what I'm saying is that he's not the #1 reason for where UNH sits in the standings.
                    Correcto, chickod; #1 reason we are where we are is the coaching staff, IMHO. See how much more agreeable we with you on our thread than your mates are with you on your thread. :-)

Comment

I'm assuming Furgele
                      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                        I'm assuming Furgele
                        Ok ok ok yes it was him!! I thought he was injured initially as we noticed we were down a Dman it seemed and after inquiring with other fans that's the impression they got as they saw him skate off the ice with DU not looking very pleased. He did return to the ice but it wasn't immediate and of course...we assumed that was the reason. And you know what they say about assuming something....😳 Moving on there's some nice weather to be had down here in Flawda 😉

Comment

Correcto, chickod; #1 reason we are where we are is the coaching staff, IMHO. See how much more agreeable we with you on our thread than your mates are with you on your thread. :-)
                          Are you saying that a better coach would get more out of this roster? Hope not. As far as Tirone, it is correct to say that he is not the major reason for UNH's position this year. However he has many, many holes in his game which he sometimes masks with his athleticism. But UNH lost a game yet again because of their defensive lapses. Friday night it was Quast's feed into the slot that set up BU's third goal. Saturday night it was the UNH dman (Furgele) who decided to move the puck to the left of the goal populated by two BU forwards rather than the right where there were two UNH players. These are not physical mistakes, these are mental mistakes which, at this point of the season just shouldn't be made. Given all this, the team played hard at times and made BU work for the three points that they got.
                          Last edited by Greg Ambrose; 02-22-2016, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                            Are you saying that a better coach would get more out of this roster? Hope not. As far as Tirone, it is correct to say that he is not the major reason for UNH's position this year. However he has many, many holes in his game which he sometimes masks with his athleticism. But UNH lost a game yet again because of their defensive lapses. Friday night it was Quast's feed into the slot that set up BU's third goal. Saturday night it was the UNH dman (Furgele) who decided to move the puck to the left of the goal populated by two BU forwards rather than the right where there were two UNH players. These are not physical mistakes, these are mental mistakes which, at this point of the season just shouldn't be made. Given all this, the team played hard at times and made BU work for the three points that they got.
                            Exactly. Other than Pesce, essentially replaced by Dawson, this is the same blue line as last season, yet they are playing much, much worse. With another year of experience, they should be better, not worse. I place that decline on the coaching staff; not much can be coached about physical play, but everything about mental play, in my view. Ditto on allowing players to take stupid penalties the past three weeks, which has really hurt the team. Also, I think that a lot of those one-goal losses and ties early in the season were the result of the "senior checking line" getting way, way too large a share of the most important ice time. Finally, a trend that has gone on way too long has been our freshmen sitting in the stands year after year. And, do not even get me started on the horrendous recruiting the past few years. Yup, I will stick with the coaching staff.
                            Last edited by Snively65; 02-22-2016, 09:51 AM.

Comment

No excuse against lesser opponents, but chit happens when faced with big, strong and (((fast))). Sigh.

Comment

Exactly. Other than Pesce, essentially replaced by Dawson, this is the same blue line as last season, yet they are playing much, much worse. With another year of experience, they should be better, not worse. I place that decline on the coaching staff; not much can be coached about physical play, but everything about mental play, in my view. Ditto on allowing players to take stupid penalties the past three weeks, which has really hurt the team. Also, I think that a lot of those one-goal losses and ties early in the season were the result of the "senior checking line" getting way, way too large a share of the most important ice time. Finally, a trend that has gone on way too long has been our freshmen sitting in the stands year after year. And, do not even get me started on the horrendous recruiting the past few years. Yup, I will stick with the coaching staff.
                                Snively, at some point the players themselves have to be held accountable. Problem is that if every player who has had a brain cramp this year was benched, their might be half dozen players left. I think the vast majority of us can agree that the coaching staff is to blame for the cast of characters who are wearing the blue and white. Recruiting has been a disaster for several years now and the reasons why have been talked to death. However I want to dispel the notion that freshmen are sitting while untalented upperclassmen play. There are six freshmen on the roster. Four - Vela, Nazarian, Miller, Dawson - have played almost every game, Cefalu has played a few, and Kalinowski has not played at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X