PDA

View Full Version : UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part Three) - Living in Interesting Times

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

boblav1
02-20-2016, 09:48 AM
Speaking of the stands, I think you need a new person to throw the fish... :D

https://twitter.com/timbhealey/status/700872241928658944

chickod
02-20-2016, 10:08 AM

It was even funnier reading the Tweets ("Duh...where did that come from?" "I think it's a tradition" "I think they do it when UNH scores the first goal" "I saw that on ESPN. What's THAT all about???") :D

HockeyRef
02-20-2016, 10:45 AM
It was even funnier reading the Tweets ("Duh...where did that come from?" "I think it's a tradition" "I think they do it when UNH scores the first goal" "I saw that on ESPN. What's THAT all about???") :D

Haha we wondered what took so long to get the fish on the ice as we sit on the opposite end! Too funny...

sterlippo1
02-20-2016, 11:53 AM

kid needs to hit the gym for a few curls, jesus :eek:

Felger
02-20-2016, 12:26 PM

would fit right in on the BU powerplay

Greg Ambrose
02-20-2016, 12:37 PM
They played hard and deserved the tie. I don't see many UNH games, but I read this thread. All I know is that I don't see how anyone can blame Tirone. He stood on his head tonight. You can't be good every night, especially when the defense doesn't clear out people in front. BU was camped there all night.

Tirone was the "good Tirone" last night. He made some pretty spectacular saves. However a lot of these spectacular saves come about because he is out of position. He wanders way too much, he goes down to quick, and how many times have we seen him with his back to the play? Happened twice within 10 seconds last night. All that being said, I don't think Ty Conklin could have done any better with this collection of defensemen in front of him. Nice feed by Quast in front of the net to set up BU's third goal. Bottom line, if Tirone stands on his head which he did, for instance, in last week's win at Lowell, UNH can beat anybody. If he is having one of those "bad Tirone" games, there is no way UNH can beat anybody.

Darius
02-20-2016, 12:45 PM
Interesting game with 3:31 left on the Eiserman penalty that's two straight weeks he's been kicked out... Anyway nice goal by Jamie Hill and Mc Nick go 'Cats! Snively65 enjoying the game from his lofty perch!Once again, good for Eiserman. I hope Hickey is OK, wish he wasn't hurt. Also once again, I vote slotting Eiserman with TK and Pots. Be tough 'cats!

They played hard and deserved the tie. I don't see many UNH games, but I read this thread. All I know is that I don't see how anyone can blame Tirone. He stood on his head tonight. You can't be good every night, especially when the defense doesn't clear out people in front. BU was camped there all night.See more games. :)

Yup, you nailed it, as our D-men have been bad all year, everything from clearing opposing players away from net, clearing rebounds, and bringing the puck out of their zone. Tonight Tirone did a great job of clearing a lot of his saves into the corners, but I think that he still spends way too much time sprawled on the ice in the crease.+1

Poturalski is so much fun to watch skate with the puck; sometimes it seems that the puck is attached to his stick with a rubber band. Kinda' like your Jack Eichel last season. If there are any tickets left, perhaps I will attend game 2 at Agganis. So much more fun to watch these two teams play wide open hockey after the slow plodding play with UVM.Kinda, but not really.:) It would be interesting to see Pots on a line with players like Greenway and Forsbacka Karlsson.

Fixed your otherwise spot on post, Snively65 :D

Oh, and can we park Quast in the stands, please? Permanently?? I'd rather see younger players making (and learning from) dumb basic defensive zone mistakes, thank you. :mad:Thought he played OK last night.

Even BU's little guys are big and their big guys are fast.

Snively65
02-20-2016, 01:01 PM
Speaking of the stands, I think you need a new person to throw the fish... :D

Happens from time to time when the fish is too large. Tradition started over 40 years ago by a frat that later lost its charter at UNH, for reasons that one can only imagine (think 'Animal House,' the film). But, as the story goes, two frat brothers were allowed back on campus only for home men's hockey games, and only for as long as it would take for UNH to score its first goal, after which the fish throwers were escourted out of the building. Not sure if still the case, but a local fish market would donate the most rotten fish that they could no longer sell, with some breaking apart as they hit the ice. Obviously, the youthful fish throwers now must be second or third generation, as the original frat bros would be in rocking chairs watching games on NESN now.

Greg probably can elaborate with corrections and more details.

HockeyRef
02-20-2016, 01:05 PM
Once again, good for Eiserman. I hope Hickey is OK, wish he wasn't hurt. Also once again, I vote slotting Eiserman with TK and Pots. Be tough 'cats!

See more games. :)

+1

Kinda, but not really.:) It would be interesting to see Pots on a line with players like Greenway and Forsbacka Karlsson.

Thought he played OK last night.

Even BU's little guys are big and their big guys are fast.

Their best player on the ice last night I thought was their Captain Matt Grzelcyk...he's amazing and will be a great addition to the Bruins. Complete player, and just what we have been missing in our D corp. But we know that already! :rolleyes: Still...am giving credit to UNH for hanging tough when they had to last night...Go 'Cats!!!

chickod
02-20-2016, 01:17 PM
See more games. :)

Well, OK, I get your point. But the reality is BU could have had 10 goals last night. Out of position or not, he made the saves. My point is that he should not have had to stand on his head if he had a defense in front of him. Yes, I'm sure he has some bad games that I would realize if I saw more games, but it's pretty tough to be great every night when you are getting constantly bombarded. These guys aren't machines. It's demoralizing to go out there every night and know that you are going to face 40 shots, 20 of them great scoring chances. I guess what I'm saying is that he's not the #1 reason for where UNH sits in the standings.

chickod
02-20-2016, 01:19 PM
Happens from time to time when the fish is too large. Tradition started over 40 years ago by a frat that later lost its charter at UNH, for reasons that one can only imagine (think 'Animal House,' the film). But, as the story goes, two frat brothers were allowed back on campus only for home men's hockey games, and only for as long as it would take for UNH to score its first goal, after which the fish throwers were escourted out of the building. Not sure if still the case, but a local fish market would donate the most rotten fish that they could no longer sell, with some breaking apart as they hit the ice. Obviously, the youthful fish throwers now must be second or third generation, as the original frat bros would be in rocking chairs watching games on NESN now.

Greg probably can elaborate with corrections and more details.

WAY too much analysis! :) He just needed to lift it over his head first instead of trying to heave it from his hip!

Snively65
02-20-2016, 01:31 PM
WAY too much analysis! :) He just needed to lift it over his head first instead of trying to heave it from his hip!

No, no, no, chickod. The fish is not supposed to be just dropped over the glass, but tossed towards the net. You obviously have never worked on the docks. :-)

chickod
02-20-2016, 01:49 PM
No, no, no, chickod. The fish is not supposed to be just dropped over the glass, but tossed towards the net. You obviously have never worked on the docks. :-)

Neither has he!! That kid couldn't have tossed a pencil towards the net! :eek:

chickod
02-20-2016, 01:51 PM
You obviously have never worked on the docks. :-)

I put my computer into a docking station...does that count? :D

Snively65
02-20-2016, 02:17 PM
I put my computer into a docking station...does that count? :D

Ha, ha, ha. I guess that we need to bring the old frat bros out of retirement, as those dudes knew how to toss the fish. :-)

Darius
02-20-2016, 02:29 PM
Last night's fish toss went from perplexing to pathetic to funny (person in a hazmat suit with nothing to do) to sad.

Snively65
02-20-2016, 02:42 PM
Agree with that take ... and boy oh boy, does that tell a tale as to where the UNH program has fallen.

At least we'd have a chance to kick old WIS favorite Luce Canaan to the curb in the MBPBEGAM playoffs this year. :

Or, maybe we will host Mac in the MBPBEGAM, just like the olden days, but different, in that then we were No. 1 or 2, and Mac was No. 7 or 8 (season over for No. 9).

HockeyRef
02-20-2016, 05:36 PM
Last night's fish toss went from perplexing to pathetic to funny (guy in a hazmat suit with nothing to do) to sad.

Found out by my daughter who's an UNH alum '14 the hazmat person was a former student of mine (female) she tweeted about it later!

Darius
02-20-2016, 05:49 PM
Found out by my daughter who's an UNH alum '14 the hazmat person was a former student of mine (female) she tweeted about it later!Original post edited. Thank you.:)

HockeyRef
02-20-2016, 08:43 PM
Ho hummmm well it's a BU kind o night! Furgele must be hurt we are down a D man?