X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part Three) - Living in Interesting Times

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    I'm never going to bet against Coach Bazin. But I will bet on Quinnipiac staying put in the ECAC.
    There, there Chuck...there's always next year!!! Sigh...spoken like a true UNH fan!
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-28-2016, 05:37 AM.
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      There, there Chuck...there's always next year!!! Sigh...spoken like a true UNH fan!
      I'm over it already. The great thing about being a (faux) bandwagon jumper is it's even easier to jump off.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Props to Coach Bazin for outlasting all but BC (so far anyway).

Bazin has done a great job no question with Lowell and I'm happy for him and the UML fans. I was kind of surprised at the outcome of yesterday's game though. Was Lowell that, I don't want to say bad, maybe not up to the level of the Q, or was the Q that much better a team? In any event, watching the games this weekend, some of the weaknesses of the Hockey teams participating were exposed and a lot of the strengths of the NODAKS and Quinnipiacs shown through. I'm not sure BC gets past the Q either!

UNH has got a long way to go to get relevant again!
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          Bazin has done a great job no question with Lowell and I'm happy for him and the UML fans. I was kind of surprised at the outcome of yesterday's game though. Was Lowell that, I don't want to say bad, maybe not up to the level of the Q, or was the Q that much better a team? In any event, watching the games this weekend, some of the weaknesses of the Hockey teams participating were exposed and a lot of the strengths of the NODAKS and Quinnipiacs shown through. I'm not sure BC gets past the Q either!

Lowell is not a bad team at all. They beat a good yale team saturday night with a good goalie. Lowell just made some bad mistakes. Kid knockes down puck with his stick in the slot anas picks it up and buries it. QU was tenacious with their forecheck. They were hitting lowell all over they ice. QU plays defense like the 90s devils. 5 guys in the neutral zone and the force turnovers. Lowell had problems getting to the offensive side of the ice. Also when lowell played yale they were able to get in front of Lyons and they drove him nuts all day. I dont believe i saw a lowell player standing in front of the QU goalie at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post

Hey, even we beat the Ospreys quite handily this season, on their ice, with the refs entirely on their side. As Osprey fans note on their thread, their team had problems scoring goals when it mattered all year long. And, Qpac was not ranked #1 in the nation for most of the season without good reason. Should be a really good FF this year, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by fightingsiouxfan16 View Post
              Lowell is not a bad team at all. They beat a good yale team saturday night with a good goalie. Lowell just made some bad mistakes. Kid knockes down puck with his stick in the slot anas picks it up and buries it. QU was tenacious with their forecheck. They were hitting lowell all over they ice. QU plays defense like the 90s devils. 5 guys in the neutral zone and the force turnovers. Lowell had problems getting to the offensive side of the ice. Also when lowell played yale they were able to get in front of Lyons and they drove him nuts all day. I dont believe i saw a lowell player standing in front of the QU goalie at all.
              Thanks for that assessment fightingsiouxfan16. Funny you mention devils a la the 90's cuz that's Lowell's style as well. The Q must just have executed it better!

Comment

Thanks for that assessment fightingsiouxfan16. Funny you mention devils a la the 90's cuz that's Lowell's style as well. The Q must just have executed it better!
                Q was just faster. They were the ones willing to throw the body on a consistent basis. If you cant stretch QU your in for a long day. Obv they are college kids and are not flawless but there game is solid. You need a lot of speed and crisp passing. I think North Dakota would give them a run for their money. And you have to get a body in front of QU goalie. If he is able to see the puck you arent scoring. You need a deflection and/or bodies in front of the net. The big thing i noticed too is you cant be indecisive with the puck against QU they will jump on you esp at the blue lines. I would say yes QU was able to execute the devils trap better then lowell. And QU having two great goals in the second period sealed the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  Hey, even we beat the Ospreys quite handily this season, on their ice, with the refs entirely on their side. As Osprey fans note on their thread, their team had problems scoring goals when it mattered all year long. And, Qpac was not ranked #1 in the nation for most of the season without good reason. Should be a really good FF this year, I think.
                  We did beat them. I do think UNH was better than their record showed but as Dan says, begs additional questions about the, dare I say, coaching staff!

Q looked like the real deal, no doubt!

Comment

Q was just faster. They were the ones willing to throw the body on a consistent basis. If you cant stretch QU your in for a long day. Obv they are college kids and are not flawless but there game is solid. You need a lot of speed and crisp passing. I think North Dakota would give them a run for their money. And you have to get a body in front of QU goalie. If he is able to see the puck you arent scoring. You need a deflection and/or bodies in front of the net. The big thing i noticed too is you cant be indecisive with the puck against QU they will jump on you esp at the blue lines. I would say yes QU was able to execute the devils trap better then lowell. And QU having two great goals in the second period sealed the game.
                    I'm thinking it's a Q/NODAK final with NODAK coming out on top but I'm not betting the farm on it!

Comment

I'm thinking it's a Q/NODAK final with NODAK coming out on top but I'm not betting the farm on it!
                      if NoDak looks past Denver they wont be seeing QU. Denver was very impressive at their regional. beat BU 7-2 and then comes out and beats Ferris state 6-3. Scoring their 2 opponents 13-5. So NoDak better prepare for Denver. Also NorDak fans were out in Albany which was cool to see.

Comment

If the hockey gods are fair, its a QU-DU final. Rooted for both those teams yesterday. Each was shafted last NCAA postseason, only seems proper they meet in the final this year.
                        Last edited by Felger; 03-28-2016, 09:55 AM.
                        UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

if NoDak looks past Denver they wont be seeing QU. Denver was very impressive at their regional. beat BU 7-2 and then comes out and beats Ferris state 6-3. Scoring their 2 opponents 13-5. So NoDak better prepare for Denver. Also NorDak fans were out in Albany which was cool to see.
                          Good point/s. That's why they play the games right?

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                            If the hockey gods are fair, its a QU-DU final. Rooted for both those teams yesterday. Each was shafted last NCAA postseason, only seems proper they meet in the final.
                            Okay. That makes perfect sense to me. I was torn on the Q/Lowell game and played both sides of the fence. One of my sons best friends is a Q grad and involved with sports management in Boston. I FB messaged yesterday and told him I was pulling for the Q of course.

Comment

Good point/s. That's why they play the games right?
                              well yes of course. Any given day. There are no gimmes in a one and done tournament. A bounce of a puck, a hot goalie, etc can change everything. So as a NoDak fan I can say this i am nervous playing Denver.

Comment

I'm over it already. The great thing about being a (faux) bandwagon jumper is it's even easier to jump off.
                                ha! don't I know it... Honestly tho I was not surprised to see this outcome even despite UML's early lead; wow, that goal by Sam Anas!!!! (first one) Giving UML props tho, a great team who's done much in the past 4 years...obviously well coached...

Am predicting a QU/NoDak Final...but those Hockey Gods might have other plans...hardest part? Having to wait it out til next week! What to do...hmmm...
                                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Working...
                                X