X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part Three) - Living in Interesting Times

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    Weird coincidence, Borek also became an assistant with Lake Superior in 95-96, and experienced their last 30 win season.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
      Weird, I just had the same reaction to another 'Watcher post on the UNH Recruiting thread.

You beat me to it by 15+ minutes though, so as usual I'm late to the party.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Just a heads up that Friday's BU game is 8:30 pm, as it is being broadcast on NESN.
        It is??? Good thing I checked here. I literally just blocked my calendar to leave early to make the drive. Now I can disregard!

Comment

Just a heads up that Friday's BU game is 8:30 pm, as it is being broadcast on NESN.

To answer Chuck's trivia question, as apparently everyone else is baffled, or too disinterested to reply, Borek arrived at UNH for the 2002-2003 season. So, he experienced one of the great years of UNH men's hockey.
          Thanks for reminding us of that; I wanted to put this up here today. Thinking getting to Libby's by 4 is just a wee early for me haha (lightweight) but will be there eventually...
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

The game is also supposed to air on American Sports Network (ASN), which is a free digital channel in most regions of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
              The game is also supposed to air on American Sports Network (ASN), which is a free digital channel in most regions of the country.
              And that is the reason it is at 8:30
              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                And that is the reason it is at 8:30
                I think it is just due to NESN scheduling. There is a college basketball game at 6pm, preceding the UNH hockey game, and a previously recorded 30-min show at 8:00pm (perhaps to account for any overtime from the basketball game). As a result, the hockey game is slated for the 8:30 time slot.

ASN usually just uses the game feed from other sports networks (e.g., NESN).

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  It is??? Good thing I checked here. I literally just blocked my calendar to leave early to make the drive. Now I can disregard!
                  I find the drive from Waltham to Durham on Friday afternoons to be brutal, taking upwards of 3 hours anytime between about 3 and 7 pm (normally it is about 75 minutes). Also, I have found the best route of several bad alternatives to be I-93 to Rte 101 to Rte 125 to Rte 4.

Comment

Bells & whistles ... One Hundred Club ... Victory Club ... hundreds of stadiums ... and the beat goes on ...

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...ORTS/160219223

"If there was a football analogy, we’re moving into the red zone,” Scarano said of the marketing plan. “When the trustees approved the stadium we were still deep in our own end zone if you would, but that was a landmark day. It was kind of like Tom Brady with 1:30 to go in the game and we’re down by six, it felt that way to (head football coach Sean McDonnell) and I.

“Guess what? We have a timeout in our pocket, there’s 30 seconds left and we’re in the red zone, so we’re in great shape."

Too bad we can't get John Facenda (RIP) to do the voice-over, this could have been a classic.
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Al Jazeera Pike reports that Collin MacDonald might return this weekend from his fractured shoulder injury.
                      The Souza record:
                      15-16 10th place
                      16-17 10th place
                      17-18 11th place
                      18-19 8th place
                      19-20 9th place
                      20-21 10th place
                      21-22 9th place
                      22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                        Al Jazeera Pike reports that Collin MacDonald might return this weekend from his fractured shoulder injury.
                        Mac Donald was the guest on the coach's radio show the other night and said the same thing. Glad to hear that AP was out in front of the story.

The captain also said that milestones mean nothing to the head coach, so maybe that will be Pike's next hot take.
                        Last edited by Felger; 02-18-2016, 08:57 AM.
                        UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

I find the drive from Waltham to Durham on Friday afternoons to be brutal, taking upwards of 3 hours anytime between about 3 and 7 pm (normally it is about 75 minutes). Also, I have found the best route of several bad alternatives to be I-93 to Rte 101 to Rte 125 to Rte 4.
                          Rte 128 on a Friday night is a bear. There is no easy way to get to the North Shore never mind New Hampshire. How about Rte. 3 to 495 or is the traffic going north just as bad is it is going south? Just an FYI, from Lynn we drive 95 north to 101 in Hampton, then take 108 through Stratford and Newmarket to get to Durham to avoid the traffic on the Spaulding Turnpike on Fridays, which is brutal as well. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                            Rte 128 on a Friday night is a bear. There is no easy way to get to the North Shore never mind New Hampshire. How about Rte. 3 to 495 or is the traffic going north just as bad is it is going south? Just an FYI, from Lynn we drive 95 north to 101 in Hampton, then take 108 through Stratford and Newmarket to get to Durham to avoid the traffic on the Spaulding Turnpike on Fridays, which is brutal as well. Good luck
                            Agreed, avoid the General Sullivan Bridge on the Spaulding (Rte 4/16) no matter what, and Rte 101 and 108 through Stratham, Exeter, and Newmarket to Durham is a good back roads route. But, from Boston, I think taking I-93 north to Rte 101 and Rte 4 is a faster route to Durham.

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
                              I think it is just due to NESN scheduling. There is a college basketball game at 6pm, preceding the UNH hockey game, and a previously recorded 30-min show at 8:00pm (perhaps to account for any overtime from the basketball game). As a result, the hockey game is slated for the 8:30 time slot.

ASN usually just uses the game feed from other sports networks (e.g., NESN).
                              Yes, but also ASN/networks broadcast a hockey double header. I'm sure there is a 6PM eastern game on ASN somewhere else in the country as well as the first half of said double header

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
                                Yes, but also ASN/networks broadcast a hockey double header. I'm sure there is a 6PM eastern game on ASN somewhere else in the country as well as the first half of said double header
                                actually, scratch that.
                                That was the case in past games, but after checking the schedules for Friday there is no ASN double header.

Comment

Working...
                                X