This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sonar View Post
    Interesting observation from a Foster's reporter talking about UNH basketball ............ "With the hockey program floundering and in an awkward situation between head coach and heir apparent, this just might be the hottest college ticket in town next winter."

Synonyms for floundering include ..... thrashing, wallowing, stumbling, flailing, dithering, faltering, and dawdling. No wonder I'll wait a couple of years before I renew my season tickets ....
    Al Pike?

Not sure that the ship will be righted in two years, unless the recruitment process picks up with some blue chippers this year and next. I think that next year is our best shot for getting back to the NCAAs, although without Poturalski, and perhaps Robinson now, I realize that we might be hard pressed to obtain double digit wins again. Sadly, I do not see how the recruiting can pick up until DU is out the door, so probably at least "four more years" before we see a turn-around.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part Three) - Living in Interesting Times

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Not sure that the ship will be righted in two years, unless the recruitment process picks up with some blue chippers this year and next. I think that next year is our best shot for getting back to the NCAAs, although without Poturalski, and perhaps Robinson now, I realize that we might be hard pressed to obtain double digit wins again. Sadly, I do not see how the recruiting can pick up until DU is out the door, so probably at least "four more years" before we see a turn-around.
      Hard to disagree with any of that, really (and sadly) ...
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
        Interesting observation from a Foster's reporter talking about UNH basketball ............ "With the hockey program floundering and in an awkward situation between head coach and heir apparent, this just might be the hottest college ticket in town next winter."

Synonyms for floundering include ..... thrashing, wallowing, stumbling, flailing, dithering, faltering, and dawdling. No wonder I'll wait a couple of years

"before I renew my season tickets ....
        "Hottest ticket in town?" Apparently bigger than the women's team or the Oyster River Bobcats.

Comment

"Hottest ticket in town?"
          I hope everyone is stocked up and has plans for huge CIT parties this week - I'm sure Durham and the University are overflowing with euphoria and school spirit over its flagship program! Go basketball!!

Last edited by Dan; 03-14-2016, 05:23 PM.
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            I hope everyone is stocked up and has plans for huge CIT parties this week - I'm sure Durham and the University are overflowing with euphoria and school spirit over its flagship program! Go basketball!!

Lets let Chuck come up with the acronym for that
            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
              Lets let Chuck come up with the acronym for that
              With this tournament taking insignificance and the celebration of participation to a new level, I can only imagine how long that acronym would have to be...
              Live Free or Die!!
              Miami University '03

Comment

Well with four post season tourneys OTHER than the NCAA's, I guess somebody has to play in them.

UNH actually had the luxury to turn down one of the others...

Fire Away, Chuck
                UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Holy crap. I check in late today, and the world awaits my purported creativity over ... college hoops??

I never knew there were college hoop postseason tourneys other than the NCAA's and the NIT.

How about BPoG&MG (Bottomless Pit of Greed & Meaningless Games)???

That's all I got, folks. Hoops just doesn't do it for me, sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    Holy crap. I check in late today, and the world awaits my purported creativity over ... college hoops??

I never knew there were college hoop postseason tourneys other than the NCAA's and the NIT.

How about BPoG&MG (Bottomless Pit of Greed & Meaningless Games)???

That's all I got, folks. Hoops just doesn't do it for me, sorry.
                    Greed definitely needs to be there considering unh is paying to be in the cit
                    BS UMass Lowell 2015
                    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Valley News article on former Wildcat assistant coach David Lassonde.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        Valley News article on former Wildcat assistant coach David Lassonde.
                        Looks like one (former) UNH coach has already reached the *magical* 600 win mark ...

Comment

Another member of the Whitt peanut gallery heard from: It's Time for Souza to be in Charge of UNH Hockey; the natives (beyond just us blathering here on USCHO) are growing increasingly restless ...

Comment

• Originally posted by jeteye1717 View Post
                            Another member of the Whitt peanut gallery heard from: It's Time for Souza to be in Charge of UNH Hockey; the natives (beyond just us blathering here on USCHO) are growing increasingly restless ...
                            All right, time to fess up, who here is Shawn Joyce, former season holder from Rye, NH?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              All right, time to fess up, who here is Shawn Joyce, former season holder from Rye, NH?
                              I've tapped out of my 10 free visits for the month. I'll have to check back in a couple of weeks.

There are hundreds - if not thousands - of Shawn Joyces out there, just waiting for things to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                I've tapped out of my 10 free visits for the month. I'll have to check back in a couple of weeks.
                                Hi Chuck,
                                The letter is written out below...

LETTER TO THE EDITOR
                                It's time for Souza to be in charge of UNH hockey

March 12 — To the Editor:

This letter is in response to “Wildcats end season on dismal note - Finish with worst record in almost 30 years, Portsmouth Herald 3/11/16.”

Last summer, I wrote the following in response to “The Heir Apparent UNH Extends Umile, but Souza in line as successor, Portsmouth Herald 8/22/15.” I, like many season ticket holders, did not attend any games this year and from all the empty seats shown on televised games, it is obvious that support for the program is eroding. Fans can only hope that Umile and leadership folks at UNH athletics do the right thing.

Dick Umile is a great guy and the fans appreciate his 25 years of coaching UNH men’s hockey. However, many of us do not understand why UNH is waiting three years to make a leadership change. Umile had many great seasons as the head coach, yet it is time. UNH has not been regular season champions since 2010, have not won Hockey East or been in the Frozen Four since 2003 and have never won a national title.

Other universities, professional sports teams and private businesses respectfully replace leadership to bring in new energy and fresh ideas. It is disappointing that folks at UNH have placed their personal relationships before what is best for the program. To pay Umile $248,000 per year, $744,000 for the next three while they hope that things may get better, is not what is best for the school, program, team and fans. Umile had 25 years as head coach and we are thankful for his contributions. Let's do what is best moving forward and allow Mike Souza to take the reins this year, so he can coach and build his team.

Shawn Joyce

Rye

UNH alum and season ticket holder

Comment

Working...
                                X