X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part Three) - Living in Interesting Times

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    If UVM beats NU in the Hockey East title game - can/will 7 HE schools make the NCAA Tournament (none being UNH or UMaine...)? Something to watch...
    Good God I hope not....don't mean any ill will towards the other teams in the league, but seven Hockey East teams in the NCAA's would be catnip for the "woe is us" types on this board. Just one more crutch for why the program is struggling, one more reason to set the bar and expectations lower.
    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
      Good God I hope not....don't mean any ill will towards the other teams in the league, but seven Hockey East teams in the NCAA's would be catnip for the "woe is us" types on this board. Just one more crutch for why the program is struggling, one more reason to set the bar and expectations lower.
      Can you imagine the outcry if your boy MadAgain won it all?
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
        Don't look now he just might...
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Don't look now he just might...
          I know. NU is hotter than a Texas whore house!

UVM and BC tied at 3-3 too.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
            If Lowell doesn't win, then it would be great to see Northeastern win.

Northeastern gets mad WIS props for exposing the frauds from NICC as well.
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              If Lowell doesn't win, then it would be great to see Northeastern win.

Northeastern gets mad WIS props for exposing the frauds from NICC as well.
              Agree on all counts . If UML or NU wins then a new WIS production is in order

Comment

Those 'other 'Cats' are out now...the boys from the Heights win it in OT on Ryan Fitz' goal. First time back to the Garden for them in what, 2 years? Will be a great semi Friday.
                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                  Do you mean "woe is us types" on this thread, as opposed to "this board"? I am thinking that IF seven teams from any one conference got into the NCAAs, there would be conspiracy theories galore, you know, like "eastern boss," "western bias," "ivy bias," and the like.

On another note, we are now tied for 38th in the PWR, but the Tigers (who?) have a chance to move up, as does Army, which is two PWR points behind us. Rob Mo, Air Force, Mercyhurst, and Holy Cross ahead of us, with the former two earning the chance to pick up more PWR points.

Hey, after four-month hiatus, "Fire Mike Eaves" thread is back; what do their posters got that we don't got?
                  Last edited by Snively65; 03-13-2016, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Hey, after four-month hiatus, "Fire Mike Eaves" thread is back; what do their posters got that we don't got?[/QUOTE]

Reality maybe? Some of our posters are excited that an early UNH departure got a goal in a pro hockey minor league game.
                    Last edited by scoreboard; 03-13-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                      Reality maybe? Some of our posters are excited that an early UNH departure got a goal in a pro hockey minor league game.
                      I truly feel for people like you, who lack the mental capacity to be BOTH extremely disappointed in UNHs hockey program and happy for Poturalski at the same time...

I suppose it comes easy to me, as someone who managed FOUR years of a foreign language while in HS...
                      Last edited by Dan; 03-13-2016, 08:52 PM.
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        I truly feel for people like you, who lack the mental capacity to be BOTH extremely disappointed in UNHs hockey program and happy for Poturalski at the same time...
                        My comment wasn't directed towards Poturalski. My mental capacity isn't the issue. Your lack of reading between the lines is...
                        As far as foreign language, you got me, I only had three years of foreign language in HS. What you meant by that I don't know. Although I do regret taking Spanish instead of Chinese since I spend 5 weeks a year over there.
                        Last edited by scoreboard; 03-13-2016, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                          My mental capacity isn't the issue...
                          Well, there is only one player who left UNH for a professional minor league with eligibility remaining, so maybe it is...

I understand, now, where you were going - and I agree - again, four years of French...
                          Live Free or Die!!
                          Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Well, there is only one player who left UNH for a professional minor league with eligibility remaining, so maybe it is...

I understand, now, where you were going - and I agree - again, four years of French...
                            Ah, French, that explains everything

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                              My comment wasn't directed towards Poturalski. My mental capacity isn't the issue. Your lack of reading between the lines is...
                              As far as foreign language, you got me, I only had three years of foreign language in HS. What you meant by that I don't know. Although I do regret taking Spanish instead of Chinese since I spend 5 weeks a year over there.
                              I was trumpeting my intelligence in comparison to lost UNH recruits who only managed one. A little side snark if you will...

China, who saw THEM coming? Haha...
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

Interesting observation from a Foster's reporter talking about UNH basketball ............ "With the hockey program floundering and in an awkward situation between head coach and heir apparent, this just might be the hottest college ticket in town next winter."

Synonyms for floundering include ..... thrashing, wallowing, stumbling, flailing, dithering, faltering, and dawdling. No wonder I'll wait a couple of years before I renew my season tickets ....

Comment

Working...
                                X