This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    It's like a UNH reunion out here with not only Quast and Smith but Mattie Fornataro (sp). And much to my surprise Kevin G is playing for the Royals tonight!!
    And , if you are lucky, you'll see one of them bartending this summer at your local watering hole. Like I did with Joey Diamond (Maine) this past summer.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part Three) - Living in Interesting Times

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      It's like a UNH reunion out here with not only Quast and Smith but Mattie Fornataro (sp). And much to my surprise Kevin G is playing for the Royals tonight!!
      It's what happens when you're a forward and score 13 goals combined over two-plus seasons in the AHL. Many a former UNH forward has trodden this path before, and no doubt more will follow in the future.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        It's what happens when you're a forward and score 13 goals combined over two-plus seasons in the AHL. Many a former UNH forward has trodden this path before, and no doubt more will follow in the future.
        He (Goumas) had a big night offensively with a goal and 3 assists (#1 Star for the game). It was odd he was out there because as we walked in I remarked that this team from Reading is where he ends up from time to time...and there you go. Turns out he just joined them last week. Sigh, what us UNH fans are talking about tonight but felt good to be at a game, any game?!?
        Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-11-2016, 09:54 PM.
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          He (Goumas) had a big night offensively with a goal and 3 assists (#1 Star for the game). It was odd he was out there because as we walked in I remarked that this team from Reading is where he ends up from time to time...and there you go. Turns out he just joined them last week. Sigh, what us UNH fans are talking about tonight but felt good to be at a game, any game?!?
          All that he needed for a GH hat trick was a fight, speaking of the ECHL.

Comment

Glad you all appear to be enjoying the off-season .... yeah I know .... if they give you a lemon you make lemonade .... god help us .........

I am looking forward to admiring post season college hockey. It is truly a spectacle to be enjoyed and admired. Something is missing however .... and diversions do not seem to be a bromide.

The golf course opens April 1 .... and I will get back to buying season tickets for the 2018-2019 season .... all in all life is very good.

Comment

And in other news Andrew Poturalski is slated to start 2nd line tonight wearing #37...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                And in other news Andrew Poturalski is slated to start 2nd line tonight wearing #37...
                And thus the injury story becomes a bit less believable
                UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• And Poturalski is on the board with his first professional goal!

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1015575

Still feel it's completely feasible he has been and still is playing through something. If he played through the playoffs for UNH I don't see why he wouldn't play a couple of weeks with the Checkers and try to make an impression before taking care of his injury...
                  Last edited by Dan; 03-12-2016, 06:52 PM.
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    And Poturalski is on the board with his first professional goal!

Still feel it's completely feasible he has been and still is playing through something. If he played through the playoffs for UNH I don't see why he wouldn't play a couple of weeks with the Checkers and try to make an impression before taking care of his injury...
                    And it was a beauty wide open off the post...

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                      And thus the injury story becomes a bit less believable
                      Hey Felgie - how 'bout them Riverhawks!! Normie's boys sweep BU, and it's on to the TD Garden!!

I mean, hey, not nearly as prestigious as the IceHogs at Bojangles Coliseum, but we can live in hope!
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                        Hey Felgie - how 'bout them Riverhawks!! Normie's boys sweep BU, and it's on to the TD Garden!!

I mean, hey, not nearly as prestigious as the IceHogs at Bojangles Coliseum, but we can live in hope!
                        Pretty good job Chuck.

As for me I'm reveling in the fact that UNH's PWR jumped up two spots last night, from 40 to 38.

As Sonar reminded us, when life gives you lemons, all you can do is make lemonade
                        UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                          Pretty good job Chuck.

As for me I'm reveling in the fact that UNH's PWR jumped up two spots last night, from 40 to 38.

As Sonar reminded us, when life gives you lemons, all you can do is make lemonade
                          Beat me to it! If PC goes all the way to another NC, we really will fly up the PWR ladder; ain't that sweet! I am hoping for UVM upset today, which will give us a completely different Garden party next weekend from the good old days of BC, BU, UMO, and UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                            Pretty good job Chuck.

I'll be sure to post that on my twitter immediately, thanks for the heads up!!!! Yeah, lemonade sounds about right. Chuck, your 'boys' did a pretty bang up job all weekend v BU...I'll see them play Friday night at the Garden. Where's the sigh emoji??? Carry on in the offseason gang...it'll be Oct before we know it! Pulling for UVM but don't have my hopes up..and how 'bout those Huskies????

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              And Poturalski is on the board with his first professional goal!

A nice picture of Andrew after scoring his first goal.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charlo...7665259321480/

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Beat me to it! If PC goes all the way to another NC, we really will fly up the PWR ladder; ain't that sweet! I am hoping for UVM upset today, which will give us a completely different Garden party next weekend from the good old days of BC, BU, UMO, and UNH.
                                If UVM beats NU in the Hockey East title game - can/will 7 HE schools make the NCAA Tournament (none being UNH or UMaine...)? Something to watch...
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X