• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2015-2016 (Part Three) - Living in Interesting Times

Fact: this team stinks....

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      That is the ONLY reason I find myself at a Denver bar to watch this game...
      For your sake I am glad you were at a bar
      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
        For your sake I am glad you were at a bar
        Can you say new coach

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          Taking only one point out of 4 against UVM in two home games - not to mention the road loss in early January - tells us all we need to know about where UNH stands competitively this season. I'm predicting a 10th place RS finish for the 'Cats at this point, which could mean a trip to either Burlington or to the St. Botolph St. barn to face one of two teams they haven't fared to well against this year.
          Congrats Chuck.

You had it right and I had it wrong

Comment

Would the last person out of the Whitt tonight please make sure all the lights are off and the thermostats are down? Thanks. Home ice is highly over rated apparently. The good news is that Dick will be in the lobby of the Whitt tomorrow at 1pm to give the first eight fans that show up an official "UNH D...or how we leave the opposition unmarked in the crease" balloon. Water seeks it's level.

Well played Huskies. You guys never quit and you deserve that win. Cats, well, ...."onward!!!"

Comment

Senior Night News & Notes:

#23 and #14 on the ice for ALL FIVE goals against
              Live Free or Die!!
              Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                Congrats Chuck.

You had it right and I had it wrong
                Honestly, this is probably the best draw they could have hoped for. Home or on the road, they were going to have a hard time with UVM or UConn (Sentences I never thought I'd type for 100, Alex). Merrimack is their best 'match-up', though they're a slight underdog IMO after watching them play this weekend.

They leaned on certain players all year - certain players who should not have been leaned on, others who had to be leaned on due to injury and some who had to be leaned on because the best defenseman on the ice this weekend played for UConn - and they got what they deserved based on the personnel they played. Tenth best team in the league...
                Last edited by Dan; 02-27-2016, 08:56 PM.
                Live Free or Die!!
                Miami University '03

Comment

q.e.d.
                  "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
                  Larry David

Comment

Umiliated?
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Practice your "drive home safely" chant for North Andover.

Spent the evening at Pitman's Freight Room in Laconia with Sugar Ray and the Bluetones, along with Monster Mike Welsh. Somehow live blues music seemed a more fitting way for me to finish this regular season. I will be out of town next weekend, but if a miracle happens, maybe see some of you at Proviced again the following weekend (or, maybe it would be at the CHB's?).

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        Practice your "drive home safely" chant for North Andover.

Spent the evening at Pitman's Freight Room in Laconia with Sugar Ray and the Bluetones, along with Monster Mike Welsh. Somehow live blues music seemed a more fitting way for me to finish this regular season. I will be out of town next weekend, but if a miracle happens, maybe see some of you at Proviced again the following weekend (or, maybe it would be at the CHB's?).
                        I saw Monster Mike with Ronnie Earl many moons ago, great show
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          I saw Monster Mike with Ronnie Earl many moons ago, great show
                          Yup, essentially Ronnie's old band; did you ever hang at the Red Barn out in the boonies south of Bangor? Our fav there was Bill Chinook. Like Pitman's, BYOB. Way pre- Mike Welsh.

Comment

Originally posted by skyraider0609 View Post
                            Well played Huskies. You guys never quit and you deserve that win. Cats, well, ...."onward!!!"
                            Thanks. Especially gratifying given the two weekends before. They were booed off the ice at the end of the game a week ago at the XL Center against Northeastern. That seemed to wake them up against you guys.

Comment

Watcher -

Yup! There are certainly some small guys on this UNH roster that can't play, but there are a lot of big guys who can't either. The common denominator, regardless of size, is lack of talent and skill. The reason they're losing is not size, but lack of talent and skill. Its clear as day to anyone paying attention. Time for Souza to forget about size and address the plain old lack of ability...
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Spent the evening at Pitman's Freight Room in Laconia with Sugar Ray and the Bluetones, along with Monster Mike Welsh. Somehow live blues music seemed a more fitting way for me to finish this regular season.
                                How ironic....I spent the evening listening to live webcast of Southside Johnny at the Stone Pony while following the three HE games on tv....

Comment

Working...
                                X