Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Season 95, Vol 2: Michigan Tech '15-'16

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Not sure if anyone caught the mid-first period teaser: New logo to be revealed March 15th. Guess we don't have to wait until summer. (The jersey guy's ears perked up.)
    Ryan J
    Yup, what you could tell of it actually looked decent.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Lucchini (7) 24:05
      Vallis, Roy

MTU 3-1 UA_
      Game 1

Comment

Last Tech Goal:
        https://twitter.com/mtuhky/status/708459384230252547

Comment

L'Esperance (15) 33:12
          Heinonen

MTU 4-1 UA_
          Game 1

Comment

Gillies (4) 34:28
            Lucchini, Hanna

MTU 5-1 UA_
            Game 1

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
              Yup, what you could tell of it actually looked decent.
              The little sliver they showed didn't look anything like the NIU Huskies logo but it was only a sliver in full color. The message ended with an oval with a peak at the top, which I might guess would be ears extending outside the oval.My gut feeling was abstract not realistic in term of form.
              Ryan J
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Watson (2) 47:38
                Heinonen, Steman

MTU 6-1 UA_
                Game 1

Comment

Eick (3) 55:24
                  Petan, Watson

MTU 7-1 UA_
                  Game 1

Comment

I think this is what it is to peak at the right time.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      I think this is what it is to peak at the right time.
                      You're right, this is an extremely well-coached team top-to-bottom and it shows. You could see them overcome a little lapse in the first by sticking to their team systems and dominated from then on.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Obviously the score would indicate a a first place team taking on an 8th place team and I feel that was an accurate summary of the game. This game looked much more like an opponent that doesn't win many games. Tech was extremely hard on the puck with great stick checking throughout the game. Phillips only had to make 2-3 hard saves in the game but controlled the puck well when he did have to play it. The only downer I remember from the game was immediately before the UAF goal, something happened where Watson thought he should have gotten a call and he stood looking at the ref with his arms in the air and back to the play. Almost immediately the puck was in behind Phillips. I just felt like it was a little selfish to take himself out of the play at that moment to look for a call. He's a captain, he can always talk to the ref after the whistle and get the ref looking for something the next time. The only other item that didn't look good was the dump and chase power play. Tech repeatedly tried to get the puck deep, but UAF always had a man deep and made several easy clears that were not even contested by Tech as they were no where near the puck.

Really other than that a pretty solid night up and down the ice for Tech. I'm sure Mel won't give too much credit with a rematch tomorrow night, but only a much finer tuned eye than mine is going to find much wrong with the Huskies game tonight. I was also very pleased to see Tech put in a few on Jenks in the third period. Now if he gets the start tomorrow night, they already know he can be beaten as well. An early goal on Jenks tomorrow night might just get the "here we go again" refrain in Jenks' and the Nanooks' heads going.

Thrilled to see the MacNaughton Cup earned by Tech in the building. I've been a fan of the Huskies since my frosh year in 1992. I know many have cheered for the Tech a lot longer than me, but it was still so cool to see it and know it was at least partially Tech's. I'm going to say it is 50.1% Tech since we did earn the #1 seed as well. Let Mankato have the "Second Place Co-Champions" placed next to their name in the record books. A Co-Championship only makes me want to see Tech win it again soon... outright.

Ryan J

PS The WCHA 2016 Championship banner is already hanging in the rink. Kind of surprised they didn't save that for the opening of next season. Other the other side of the coin, they have not yet put up a team photo for the 2014-15 NCAA Tourney Team on the Wall of Fame.

Comment

Obviously the score would indicate a a first place team taking on an 8th place team and I feel that was an accurate summary of the game. This game looked much more like an opponent that doesn't win many games. Tech was extremely hard on the puck with great stick checking throughout the game. Phillips only had to make 2-3 hard saves in the game but controlled the puck well when he did have to play it. The only downer I remember from the game was immediately before the UAF goal, something happened where Watson thought he should have gotten a call and he stood looking at the ref with his arms in the air and back to the play. Almost immediately the puck was in behind Phillips. I just felt like it was a little selfish to take himself out of the play at that moment to look for a call. He's a captain, he can always talk to the ref after the whistle and get the ref looking for something the next time. The only other item that didn't look good was the dump and chase power play. Tech repeatedly tried to get the puck deep, but UAF always had a man deep and made several easy clears that were not even contested by Tech as they were no where near the puck.

Really other than that a pretty solid night up and down the ice for Tech. I'm sure Mel won't give too much credit with a rematch tomorrow night, but only a much finer tuned eye than mine is going to find much wrong with the Huskies game tonight. I was also very pleased to see Tech put in a few on Jenks in the third period. Now if he gets the start tomorrow night, they already know he can be beaten as well. An early goal on Jenks tomorrow night might just get the "here we go again" refrain in Jenks' and the Nanooks' heads going.

Thrilled to see the MacNaughton Cup earned by Tech in the building. I've been a fan of the Huskies since my frosh year in 1992. I know many have cheered for the Tech a lot longer than me, but it was still so cool to see it and know it was at least partially Tech's. I'm going to say it is 50.1% Tech since we did earn the #1 seed as well. Let Mankato have the "Second Place Co-Champions" placed next to their name in the record books. A Co-Championship only makes me want to see Tech win it again soon... outright.

Ryan J

PS The WCHA 2016 Championship banner is already hanging in the rink. Kind of surprised they didn't save that for the opening of next season. Other the other side of the coin, they have not yet put up a team photo for the 2014-15 NCAA Tourney Team on the Wall of Fame.
                          The NCAA Champions banner will be next season.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Well if we're nitpicking, I want someone to teach our guys how to win faceoffs.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

For those who want to start speculating... Here's what The Institution has shared:

Comment

Ryan J

Congrats. For years Tech was the door mat of the league. The fact that Mel has turned it around gives me hope for my team. Get the sweep!
                                Originally Posted by aparch
                                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X