This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    ...Just would have been nice to see UNH on the list.....
    For sure.
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
      And this shocks you??
      Nothing shocks me anymore Scott when it comes to UNH hockey!! The way teams like BU, BC and even Q losing Anas even if you get some of the chippahs you're not assured keeping them for long right? So it's a double edged sword!
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Nothing shocks me anymore Scott when it comes to UNH hockey!! The way teams like BU, BC and even Q losing Anas even if you get some of the chippahs you're not assured keeping them for long right? So it's a double edged sword!
        I still would prefer to have Poturalski for two years than not at all. Three and dones, two and dones, whatever, indicates good recruiting to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          I still would prefer to have Poturalski for two years than not at all. Three and dones, two and dones, whatever, indicates good recruiting to me.
          It is good recruiting but when he's the only one you have and then they go then what? BC took a big hit for sure but they always manage...not trying to badmouth existing players....It is what it is.
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            It is good recruiting but when he's the only one you have and then they go then what? BC took a big hit for sure but they always manage...not trying to badmouth existing players....It is what it is.
            That is my point, the teams that get to the Frozen Four on a regular basis perennially lose players early to the pros. The key is having a pipeline of these players so that losing one or two early each year are readily replaced with equally good incoming talent.

Comment

• Re: UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2016 and Beyond

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
              Not sure how it's a double edged sword. Are you saying 0 years of high-end, NHL-level talent is better than 2 years of high-end, NHL-level talent?
              I went home with a waitress the way I always do
              How was I to know she was with the russians, too?

Comment

That is my point, the teams that get to the Frozen Four on a regular basis perennially lose players early to the pros. The key is having a pipeline of these players so that losing one or two early each year are readily replaced with equally good incoming talent.
                Oh you were referring to teams who have a never ending supply of such talent...so was I 😉 I do believe I have this thing figured out better late than never I suppose!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Oh you were referring to teams who have a never ending supply of such talent...so was I 😉 I do believe I have this thing figured out better late than never I suppose!
                  As recently as last year, we had a string of blueliners in this category in Kessel, TvR, and Pesce; need more of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    As recently as last year, we had a string of blueliners in this category in Kessel, TvR, and Pesce; need more of them.
                    That's true! And when I said I am 'figuring it out' I am no longer surprised when the good ones leave early; the first one tho (in my experience that is..), TvR, took me for a loop haha...You are right...need more of them and hopefully, they are coming. I like to think 'what I seek seeks me'. HA!!

Comment

Personally, give me a team chock full of 20 year old Canadian freshmen, 3-4 year players, good to go, thanks.
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                        Personally, give me a team chock full of 20 year old Canadian freshmen, 3-4 year players, good to go, thanks.
                        I was ok with a couple of 18-year-olds from Reading in the early 2000s. :-)

Comment

I'd take Pots for two year's too! If he didn't have such a good year maybe we would have had him for three years. Maybe, DU is on to something here! Before anybody gets their panties in a bunch I'm just kidding! I'm happy for Pots but would love to have had him longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by E.J. Smith View Post
                            Not sure how it's a double edged sword. Are you saying 0 years of high-end, NHL-level talent is better than 2 years of high-end, NHL-level talent?
                            No I'll take rent a players for two years. The good ones leave early. Can't blame them but would like them longer. Wouldn't you?

Comment

No I'll take rent a players for two years. The good ones leave early. Can't blame them but would like them longer. Wouldn't you?
                              Hard to have it both ways. Would you rather have Kessel, TvR, or Pesce for three years, or Quast or Cleland for four years?

Comment

Hard to have it both ways. Would you rather have Kessel, TvR, or Pesce for three years, or Quast or Cleland for four years?
                                All of the above

Comment

Working...
                                X