Boston College: It's Trophy Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    I thought the only question was whether everyone actually cleared the zone.
    They all touched the line or behind it.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Re: Boston College: It's Trophy Time

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      I believe the question ESPN was asking was whether the QU player touched up before Demko played the puck. It was close. But he definitely did touch up.

Congrats to BC on a great season -- you guys have a great team. Those last few minutes were beyond frightening.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
        I believe the question ESPN was asking was whether the QU player touched up before Demko played the puck. It was close. But he definitely did touch up.

Congrats to BC on a great season -- you guys have a great team. Those last few minutes were beyond frightening.
        Actually, doesn't matter if Demko touches it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          Right - I'm saying that's what the announcers were saying. Apparently, they were wrong which shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
            I thought one guy almost touched it, not quite
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Touching the line means you have not cleared the zone, skate must clear the line or you have not left the zone.....you are considered in a the last zone until you clear entirely and a simple touch is not that. The skate has to cross the line just as the puck must totally cross the line to get to the next zone

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                Hey Ex-zlax, don't you have a butt plug to insert? Back to your UHN team.
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by satking View Post
                  Touching the line means you have not cleared the zone, skate must clear the line or you have not left the zone.....you are considered in a the last zone until you clear entirely and a simple touch is not that. The skate has to cross the line just as the puck must totally cross the line to get to the next zone
                  From the rule book

86.1 Offside - Players of an attacking team must not precede the puck into the
                  attacking zone.
                  A player is offside when both skates are completely over the outer edge of
                  the blue line involved in the play at the instant the puck completely crosses
                  the outer edge of that line.
                  The position of the player’s skates and not that of the stick shall be the
                  determining factor in all instances deciding an offside.
                  A player is onside when either of the skates is in contact with or on the
                  player’s own side of the line at the instant the puck completely crosses the
                  outer edge of that line. A player in full control of the puck who crosses the
                  blue line ahead of the puck shall not be considered offside.
                  While the position of the player’s skates is what determines whether a
                  player is offside, the question of offside never arises until the puck completely
                  has crossed the outer edge of the line.
                  If a player legally carries or passes the puck back into his or her own
                  defending zone while a player of the opposing team is in that defending
                  zone, the offside shall be ignored and play permitted to continue.
                  If the puck is intercepted cleanly by a member of the defending team and
                  is carried or passed by the player’s team into the neutral zone, the offside shall
                  be ignored and play permitted to continue, even if a member of the attacking
                  team has preceded the puck into the attacking zone. (Officials shall carry out
                  this rule by means of the slow whistle.)

86.2 Delayed Offside - If an attacking player precedes the puck, which is shot,
                  passed or deflected into the attacking zone, but a defending player is able
                  to play the puck, the official shall signal a delayed offside.
                  SECTION 10 / Game Flow 73
                  The official shall drop the arm to nullify the offside violation and allow
                  play to continue if:
                  1. The defending team passes or carries the puck into the neutral zone;
                  or
                  2. All attacking players in the attacking zone clear the zone by making
                  skate contact with the attacking blue line.

If the attacking team does not clear the attacking zone, the official shall
                  stop play for the offside violation if any attacking player touches the puck,
                  or attempts to gain possession of a loose puck while the puck is still in the
                  attacking zone, or forces the defending puck carrier farther back into the
                  attacking zone.
                  The attacking zone must be completely clear of attacking players before
                  a delayed offside can be nullified with the puck still in the attacking zone.
                  Whenever a defensive player gains possession of the puck on a delayed
                  offside, play should not be stopped when that player has a clear opening for
                  advancing the puck.
                  If a puck is shot on goal during a delayed offside, the play shall be allowed
                  to continue under the normal clearing the zone rules. Should the puck enter
                  the defending team’s goal during a delayed offside, either directly or off the
                  goalkeeper, a player or an on-ice official, the goal shall be disallowed. The
                  fact that the attacking team may have cleared the zone prior to the puck
                  entering the goal has no bearing on this ruling.

The only way an attacking team can score a goal on a delayed offside
                  situation is if the defending team shoots or puts the puck into their own net
                  without action or contact by the offending team.

Comment

drink bleach

Comment

Nothing to hangs their heads about. Had a good year, lost to a very good team and if Demko is the only one they lose they'll be in great shape next year. Can't wait.
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                        Nothing to hangs their heads about. Had a good year, lost to a very good team and if Demko is the only one they lose they'll be in great shape next year. Can't wait.
                        I hope that's the case, but this has the potential to be a VERY bloody offseason in terms of players leaving early. I think the Jimmy Vesey situation will throw gasoline on that particular fire. I'm not saying he's done anything wrong, or anything that he's not within his rights to do, but it will certainly provide encouragement for NHL teams to put incredible pressure on their NCAA drafted players to leave early and sign, particularly juniors. I would expect Demko, Santini, McCoshen, and Fitzgerald will all be under terrific pressure from their organizations to sign.

You also have to figure that White, Tuch, Wood, and Sanford all have a degree of risk as well. I think they would be doing extremely well if 6 of those 8 return next year.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                          I hope that's the case, but this has the potential to be a VERY bloody offseason in terms of players leaving early. I think the Jimmy Vesey situation will throw gasoline on that particular fire. I'm not saying he's done anything wrong, or anything that he's not within his rights to do, but it will certainly provide encouragement for NHL teams to put incredible pressure on their NCAA drafted players to leave early and sign, particularly juniors. I would expect Demko, Santini, McCoshen, and Fitzgerald will all be under terrific pressure from their organizations to sign.

You also have to figure that White, Tuch, Wood, and Sanford all have a degree of risk as well. I think they would be doing extremely well if 6 of those 8 return next year.
                          Yikes(!), forgot all about Vesey telling Nashville to screw.

I believe they have 4 years to sign a player after drafting them but I'm not sure what kind of pressure a team drafting a player could put on said player to sign.
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

In the three tourney games where we didn't see the BS from hockey east refs, BC had 11 PP chances. Opponents had 9.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                              I believe they have 4 years to sign a player after drafting them but I'm not sure what kind of pressure a team drafting a player could put on said player to sign.
                              $$$$$
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                                Well, that was an awful period. Two defensive breakdowns leading to two goals, made worse by the fact that the first one was offside and shouldn't have counted. 0 for 2 on the PP. Have to figure Q will get the next one. Man, 2 goals down against this team, not good. Gonna be real tough.
                                They cannot put 3 good periods together and starting out flat killed them. I felt the game was lost already when already down 2-0 and then 3-1. They only play well in spurts and that is their undoing.

The clearing of the arena between games was a pain and disaster.

But watching the other game or teams, they both came ready and played a tight checking game and it reflected in the SOG. BC on the other hand just cannot execute a game plan for 3 periods.

The PP at times takes too long to move the puck up and get pucks on net. The passing was even off at times even on short easy passes.

Anytime they make a mistake it led to trouble and it gave QU the momentum they needed and they took advantage. Basically BC had to dig themselves out of a hole they could not overcome. And the needless penalties didn't help.

OK looking forward to Saturday's epic match and rooting for QU for their 1st NCAA like Union, Yale, PC, etc.
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X