Boston College: It's Trophy Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Is the red-light district (Itaewan?) still there? (Insert joke about the whole city being a red-light district here).

Went to high school in Southeast Asia, visited Bangkok a couple times...
    You talking patpong? Yup
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      Yup, 3 of us will be there for some of the PC game as well.

Here's to hoping we see the Eagles that remember how to play lockdown team D and move the puck out of the zone.
      The 60:00 version as well.The 20:00-30:00 version sucks.
      Late games. Mookie woulda bet you 3 would be home asleep after getting home from the 4p red lobster early bird special
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston College: It's Trophy Time

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Late games. Mookie woulda bet you 3 would be home asleep after getting home from the 4p red lobster early bird special
        red lobster? What's red lobster? Just had a bunch of those at home last Sunday for a celebration. It was 5p.

Two weekends in a row I won't be home until at least 1am. I may never recover.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          red lobster? What's red lobster? Just had a bunch of those at home last Sunday for a celebration. It was 5p.

Two weekends in a row I won't be home until at least 1am. I may never recover.
          That's why we're staying in Woostah.
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            hey! i resemble that!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              anyone ever wonder why the restaurant district in Worcester, Shrewsbury street, is not downtown? there is almost nothing near the arena and good luck with the 99 ,besides the fact that after FiveHole12 finishes there will be no food left, its really tough to get a spot in there
              I haven't been to the DCU Center area for many moons. Whatever happened to that Irish bar/restaurant across from the Worcester Palladium club? Did it close? We would always go there before games.

*EDIT: according to google maps, The Irish Times is still there.
              Last edited by JayFatCity; 03-24-2016, 02:27 PM.

Comment

I want to hunt down those lunatics from Providence this Friday night. Sat the row behind them last Friday at the Gahden. . . PC91, Netman, TheFreds and a few others. What the hell is in the water down there? Those dudes are phk'd up!!! LOL.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by JayFatCity View Post
                  I haven't been to the DCU Center area for many moons. Whatever happened to that Irish bar/restaurant across from the Worcester Palladium club? Did it close? We would always go there before games.

*EDIT: according to google maps, The Irish Times is still there.
                  One of the last regionals we tried to go there and they had like 1 or 2 people working there with dozens of fans... it was a total disaster.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    One of the last regionals we tried to go there and they had like 1 or 2 people working there with dozens of fans... it was a total disaster.
                    I think it closed, at least according to Yelp.

Comment

This weekend really seems to be a crossroads for the program.

No HE tourney title for the seniors. 1 FF. Some one-and-dones in the NCAAs which were unheard of for a long time or a total fluke (CC game). In a lot of ways this will tell us what was a fluke and what wasn't over the past few years and just how much these guys bleed maroon and gold. And to some degree how much we should be concerned with what is happening behind the bench since the changes in 2012.

Plenty of talent. Need to get their heads screwed on straight and play like Eagles.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

it's interesting you bring this up *full caveat this is spoiled bc fan mode

you look at the last 4 years:
                        2 HE RS championships
                        3 Beanpots
                        4 NCAA tourney appearances
                        1* FF appearance

97-42-16 overall, 58-20-13 in HE.

Incredible records and I bet no one in the conf comes close to that. but as you said, here we are feeling that we want more / this weekend we see what they're made of

york's set the standard that what you do in late march and april is really all that matters

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          This weekend really seems to be a crossroads for the program.

No HE tourney title for the seniors. 1 FF. Some one-and-dones in the NCAAs which were unheard of for a long time or a total fluke (CC game). In a lot of ways this will tell us what was a fluke and what wasn't over the past few years and just how much these guys bleed maroon and gold. And to some degree how much we should be concerned with what is happening behind the bench since the changes in 2012.

Plenty of talent. Need to get their heads screwed on straight and play like Eagles.
                          Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                          it's interesting you bring this up *full caveat this is spoiled bc fan mode

you look at the last 4 years:
                          2 HE RS championships
                          3 Beanpots
                          4 NCAA tourney appearances
                          1* FF appearance

97-42-16 overall, 58-20-13 in HE.

Incredible records and I bet no one in the conf comes close to that. but as you said, here we are feeling that we want more / this weekend we see what they're made of

york's set the standard that what you do in late march and april is really all that matters
                          Darn straight. These Eagles certainly have the talent.
                          I can live with them playing hard for 60:00 and not getting puck luck. Chit happens. But when they get outworked by an opponent for any amount of time, that is not Boston College hockey. BC doesn't get out worked. BC doesn't get out hustled.
                          How bad do they want it? They've shown killer instinct during the season. Bring it now. . . ONE game. . . Bring it.

Comment

Story with a few quotes from new BC commit Carreau

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-...reakout-season
                            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              and it is all that matters for an elite program(throw a conference tourney title in there and i'm better), especially one with the recent history of this one

Comment

The best of luck to the Eagles tomorrow. Go Hockey East.

Comment

Working...
                                X