Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Laura Hurd Discussion

Who's in the Laura Hurd discussion?

Is Michelle Greenway from Lake Forest the frontrunner?

She is a senior this year...she's lead Lake Forest in scoring all 4 years she's been there. (40pts, 40pts, 30pts, 36pts so far this year) Clear heart and leader of the team.

You assume Liwecki or Logan Taylor from Adrian is in contention.

Who from Plattsburh? Camille Leonard? Balisy?

Any of those NESCAC superheroes?
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Re: 2016 Laura Hurd Discussion

Considering some of the girls mentioned below have gotten almost 1/3 of ther pts from Finlandia and Marian through the years ...kinda hard to determine who should be in the running!

Comment

Originally posted by mngirlshockeymom View Post
      Considering some of the girls mentioned below have gotten almost 1/3 of ther pts from Finlandia and Marian through the years ...kinda hard to determine who should be in the running!
      The two leading scorers from Plattsburgh have a more than a point per game average against teams in the USCHO rankings. They may get some points against weaker teams but still show up against "the best".....
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

The same thing could be said for any of the top scorers out there.

Plattsburgh's Sheeran had 11/37 points against William Smith and Chatham...throw Oswego in there and you're up to 16/37...throw in Neuman and you're up to 23/37.
        Plattsburgh's Menaghin had 14/36 points against William Smith and Chatham...throw in Oswego and you get 16/36...throw in Neuman and you're at 24/36

Greenway has 12/36 from Finlandia/Marian

Greenway had two big assists in the game against Adrian and assisted on the goal against Middlebury
        Last edited by gojackets; 01-25-2016, 02:00 PM.
        UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
          The two leading scorers from Plattsburgh have a more than a point per game average against teams in the USCHO rankings. They may get some points against weaker teams but still show up against "the best".....
          I get .75 pts/game for Sheeran and 1.25 for Menaghin :P

I don't picture it going to sophomores which is why I didn't include them on my list. I figure Balisy as a senior has a better chance and she's 3rd on the team and has always been top 3 it appears.

My opinion final 3 should include Greenway, Leonard, and possibly Balisy (only has 14 against the team listed above) or Lewicki (Lewicki has 23pts from Marian, Finlandia, Stevenson, Manhattanville)
          UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

I think Plattsburgh's finalist should be Sheeran despite her being a sophomore. She's just been that good.

Comment

Typically the finalists are their conference players of the year!

Comment

Typically the finalists are their conference players of the year!
                Correct. And the award has almost always gone to a senior seemingly to reward a career rather than a particular season.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

I'll put up my homer vote for Camille Leonard. Just in games against teams ranked at the time Plattsburgh played them (Norwich 2x, Adrian, Castleton, Gustavus (the only team to put up more than one goal in these games), and Middlebury), Leonard is 6-0, GAA .67, four shutouts and save % of .9672.

We'll see what happens this weekend when the Cards visit the dimly lit dungeon of the Domes!
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95
                  Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

A couple of things to ponder, while yes normally it does go to a Senior, the winner was 1st in the stats 4 of the past 5 times it was handed out to a forward. You have to go back almost 10 years before it was given to someone outside the Top 4 in scoring (2007).

Out of the top 8 Seniors this year:
                    Current Stats / Career Stats
                    Greenway (LF) 26-10-36 / 96-45-141
                    Taylor (Adr) 8-26-34 / 38-69-107
                    Kinsel (UWRF) 20-13-33 / 77-71-148
                    Reed (UTC) 16-15-31 / 48-50-98
                    Balisy (PSU) 10-20-30 / 49-61-110
                    Senese (PSU) 9-16-25 / 42-55-97
                    Jones (Adr) 6-17-23 / 19-38-57
                    Eder-Zdechlik (Gust) 14-6-20 / 55-34-89

Sheeran is now 6-6-12 in 7 games vs. USCHO Top 10 teams. Her 6 goals vs. Ranked teams is 1 more than the first 7 Seniors have against ranked teams, combined.

Points vs . USCHO Top 10
                    Sheeran 6-6-12 (sr)
                    Lewicki 3-0-3 (jr)
                    Meneghin 4-6-10(so)
                    Greenway 0-3-3 (sr)
                    Taylor 0-1-1
                    Kinsel 0-2-2
                    Reed 1-1-2
                    Balisy 2-4-6
                    Senese 1-2-3
                    Jones 1-2-3
                    Eder-Zdechlik 4-1-5 (T-25th overall)

If there is a year where the old "Heisman Rule" is broken, Sheeran could and should. 12 points vs. Ranked teams (only 9 teams) at almost 2 points per game in those games.
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                      I'll put up my homer vote for Camille Leonard. Just in games against teams ranked at the time Plattsburgh played them (Norwich 2x, Adrian, Castleton, Gustavus (the only team to put up more than one goal in these games), and Middlebury), Leonard is 6-0, GAA .67, four shutouts and save % of .9672.

We'll see what happens this weekend when the Cards visit the dimly lit dungeon of the Domes!
                      Well, after a weekend on the road at #2 Elmira, Leonard is now 8-0 against teams ranked at the time Plattsburgh played them, but her GAA has risen all the way to 1.00...
                      Steve
                      Penn State Class of '95

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Well, after a weekend on the road at #2 Elmira, Leonard is now 8-0 against teams ranked at the time Plattsburgh played them, but her GAA has risen all the way to 1.00...
                        I would say if they run the table...it would be pretty hard to deny it to her.
                        UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

She is obviously having a great year. But I do not agree that she is a slam dunk for Hurd. She is at 96.1% but only seeing 17 shots per game because the team in front of her is so **** good. There are several goalies that have lofty save percentages around 95% or better that see 1.5 to 2 times more shots per game:
                          1. Pechacek 96.3%, 36 SPG
                          2. Goin 95.1%, 27 SPG
                          3. Dobbins 94.8%, 27 SPG
                          4. Herrmann 95.3%, 31 SPG
                          5. Brown, 95.3%, 28 SPG

Also, other posters have indicated that the voters usually give it to a senior to reward a career. I believe Ms. Leonard is a junior and is only in her second year of full time playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolinepass View Post
                            She is obviously having a great year. But I do not agree that she is a slam dunk for Hurd. She is at 96.1% but only seeing 17 shots per game because the team in front of her is so **** good. There are several goalies that have lofty save percentages around 95% or better that see 1.5 to 2 times more shots per game:
                            1. Pechacek 96.3%, 36 SPG
                            2. Goin 95.1%, 27 SPG
                            3. Dobbins 94.8%, 27 SPG
                            4. Herrmann 95.3%, 31 SPG
                            5. Brown, 95.3%, 28 SPG

Also, other posters have indicated that the voters usually give it to a senior to reward a career. I believe Ms. Leonard is a junior and is only in her second year of full time playing.
                            I never said she was a slam dunk... I said she had my (non-existent) vote... gojackets said it would be "hard to deny her". Haven't seen the term "slam dunk" or an equivalent anywhere...
                            Steve
                            Penn State Class of '95

Comment

I never said she was a slam dunk... I said she had my (non-existent) vote... gojackets said it would be "hard to deny her". Haven't seen the term "slam dunk" or an equivalent anywhere...
                              And with the loss on Saturday she's out in my opinion. I'm still going with Greenway.
                              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Working...
                              X