Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Last night's game offers some hope. But giving up two penalties at the end of a close game?? Discipline! Memories of an NC game I've been trying to forget!
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Re: Maine Black Bears - Return to the Glory Years or On to Oblivion?

Looks like it will be a short stay at the top for Quinnipiac. When do we play Providence so we can tie them, too?
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
      Last night's game offers some hope. But giving up two penalties at the end of a close game?? Discipline! Memories of an NC game I've been trying to forget!
      Penalty issue will drive me to drink but what might worse is PP issue. They move the puck around but they simply can't score a pp to save their ***. So frustrating. Seeing Robbins and Gibson show some stuff last night was good. Rob looked ok, certainly not calm cool and collected but he should continue to improve. I thought 2ND goal was really soft. 3 games in a row when I think the team played hard, so that's good.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        3 games in a row when I think the team played hard, so that's good.
        I know, huh......it's almost like they are playing now like their scholarships depend on it.

Comment

Ahhh, summer's over.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Ahhh, summer's over.
            I think a good sign of that is I have both of my woodstoves going, normally one heats the house but the wind is brutal. So anyone seen BU play this season? How good, what about goaltending?

Comment

I think a good sign of that is I have both of my woodstoves going, normally one heats the house but the wind is brutal. So anyone seen BU play this season? How good, what about goaltending?
              I saw them play earlier this year and wasn't overly impressed. I'd say one game, most likely Friday, is close and the other one is a blowout. I agree with what you said in your earlier post that it is encouraging to see Maine string together some good performances. At this point that is probably more important than the results.

I've defended Red a lot but one thing I've noticed the last few games which I disagree with him on is shortening the bench so early in the game. I can see doing it the last five minutes, but it seems like he will stop putting the fourth line out halfway through the second period. I think this led to Maine taking penalties at the end of the game last night. You could tell the players were absolutely shattered towards the end of the game.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

What's Veseys deal this year. He's coasting around and not doing the hard work along the boards and not much checking. Almost like he's outa here next year.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                  What's Veseys deal this year. He's coasting around and not doing the hard work along the boards and not much checking. Almost like he's outa here next year.
                  Did he do that last year? I never thought he was a checking line guy like Lacroix is. Lacroix has been a real pest on the boards the last few games.

Comment

Did he do that last year? I never thought he was a checking line guy like Lacroix is. Lacroix has been a real pest on the boards the last few games.
                    True. It seems, maybe its wishful thinking, that the team has improved in offensive zone board play and doing better when they dump it in as compared to last year and earlier this year. Just don't see Vesey stepping it up, guess its not his way.

Comment

........Just don't see Vesey stepping it up, guess its not his way.
                      His goal last night was his first since a 4-1 loss to Vermont on November 21st.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                        His goal last night was his first since a 4-1 loss to Vermont on November 21st.
                        And the lack of effort along the boards may be why? I don't see him as a guy punishing people on the boards but you have to muck it up

Comment

I was gonna say Oblivion is midway between Orono and Old Town, but I fear it's closer to Durham these days.
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Vesey is a bust. Hopefully he does leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              I was gonna say Oblivion is midway between Orono and Old Town, but I fear it's closer to Durham these days.
                              It's located just North of Lowell now.

Comment

Working...
                              X