PDA

View Full Version : CHN vs. USCHO: Who's better?

Dirty Dream No. 2
01-19-2016, 11:52 AM
I've been trying to decide which college hockey news site is better, CHN or USCHO? I think I've made up my mind. CHN underestimates its audience, personified by today's commentary screed on why fighting should be banned in all of hockey, including three whole paragraphs relevant to college hockey. I'll await future commentary from CHN on why goals should be enlarged in ALL of hockey and why the All-Star Game is relevant.

USCHO, on the other hand, provides this excellent forum and does a great job covering nuts and bolts of college hockey. It also doesn't hide behind an anonymous twitter handle and slam readers for offering editorial opinions.

What do you ladies and gentlemen think?

willythekid
01-19-2016, 11:56 AM
They're both equal in their east coast bias...:p

LTsatch
01-19-2016, 12:08 PM
What do you ladies and gentlemen think?

I think if the Administrator is awake, he will delete your thread.

Nick Papagiorgio
01-19-2016, 12:34 PM
Inch.

SonofSouthie
01-19-2016, 12:45 PM
They're both equal in their east coast bias...

That's where the best hockey is played. ;)

hockeyplayer1015
01-19-2016, 12:51 PM
Hokydad trumps all. My source for all things amateur hoky.

Squarebanks
01-19-2016, 01:23 PM
The best part about CHN is the app. USCHO is far superior when you consider the breadth of overall content.

Jon
01-19-2016, 01:28 PM
Absolutely Now we know PC91 is an area clown and I live in moment's basement. Never wrong.

aallenpollreisz
01-19-2016, 04:36 PM
CollegeHockeyStats.net

Patman
01-19-2016, 05:00 PM
Anybody who uses a bullhorn. Bullhorns are ****.

Biddco
01-19-2016, 05:53 PM
CHN is fantastic with regionals coverage. They provide in depth analysis after each game with articles on each team. I feel like USCHO glosses over the losing teams during regionals, CHN does not.

joecct
01-19-2016, 07:25 PM
d3hockey.com

Happy
01-19-2016, 07:49 PM
Inch.

I always liked those guys.

kdiff77
01-20-2016, 12:50 PM
CHN is better for stats, USCHO is better for analysis. Plus, I've read quite a few articles on CHN that clearly hadn't been edited and sounded as though they were written by a high school junior. It's just a handful of people who have free reign to write whatever they please with little oversight. USCHO articles at least seem to have standards!

mookie1995
01-20-2016, 01:02 PM
When wodon was here he stole Mookie's "holy
Cross / AHA" NCAA outcome and never gave Mookie credit.

Screw him and the horse he rode out on :mad:

:p

Dirty
01-20-2016, 01:28 PM
I always liked those guys.

Only because they, and every other college hockey website past, present and future, hated UND. How shallow of you.

HHound
01-20-2016, 01:30 PM
CHN's Live Scoreboard is terrific for following the progression of games. Their stat section is easy to access and more complete.

USCHO has the Fan Forums and better articles. Some of their bloggers seem a kind of lite in terms of content and depth. The HEA guys seem to collectively spend 10 minutes per week on their columns.

Each site is helpful in several ways.

Slap Shot
01-20-2016, 04:42 PM
Only because they, and every other college hockey website past, present and future, hated UND. How shallow of you.

Shallow or righteous?

Dirty Dream No. 2
01-20-2016, 07:26 PM
CHN is better for stats, USCHO is better for analysis. Plus, I've read quite a few articles on CHN that clearly hadn't been edited and sounded as though they were written by a high school junior. It's just a handful of people who have free reign to write whatever they please with little oversight. USCHO articles at least seem to have standards!

LOL, pretty much. Did you see the commentary CHN run on Monday that was about banning fighting in ALL of hockey? I mean, I read it because I expected it to address fighting in college hockey, but nope! "Time to ban fighting in all of hockey." Like that story hasn't been written a million times. There were only three relevant paragraphs in about 2,000 words about college hockey and they looked like the editor thought "Hmmmm, this doesn't have anything to do with college hockey, and we're College Hockey News, so I'll throw in a few paragraphs about the OSU-UM brawl Sunday."

kdiff77
01-20-2016, 07:48 PM
LOL, pretty much. Did you see the commentary CHN run on Monday that was about banning fighting in ALL of hockey? I mean, I read it because I expected it to address fighting in college hockey, but nope! "Time to ban fighting in all of hockey." Like that story hasn't been written a million times. There were only three relevant paragraphs in about 2,000 words about college hockey and they looked like the editor thought "Hmmmm, this doesn't have anything to do with college hockey, and we're College Hockey News, so I'll throw in a few paragraphs about the OSU-UM brawl Sunday."

I didn't even bother to read it. I'm not interested in fighting at all and I think it's a waste of time, but an even bigger waste of my time would have been to read that drivel.

At this point, much of the commentary over there can be appreciated more fully by pretending it's satire. ;)