• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ Quinnipiac, 1/21/16

discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI @ Quinnipiac, 1/21/16

Two teams having played a total of 23 ECAC games so far this season and only 1 loss between them. Who would have thunk it?
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Two teams having played a total of 23 ECAC games so far this season and only 1 loss between them. Who would have thunk it?
      ...and given last night's results, I don't see a clear picture on this league as a whole at all. Aside from the GPA ruiners at the top , the other 11 teams are separated by 9 points.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        ...and given last night's results, I don't see a clear picture on this league as a whole at all. Aside from the GPA ruiners at the top , the other 11 teams are separated by 9 points.
        We do seem to have a tougher schedule remaining than most as we have 7 road ECAC games and only 4 home ECAC games remaining. Not that anyone is a soft touch in this league but we have to play QU twice.

If I remember correctly, in order to get a bye in the first round of the ECAC tournament, you normally have to average 1.5 points per home game (10games) and 1 point per road game (10 games) and a split with your travel partner (2 games) which equals 28 points. i am sure this formula does not work all the time but it is fairly close most of the time. So far this year we have 7 points in 6 home games (2 points less than we needed), 4 points in 4 road games (right on schedule) and a sweep of Union which has really helped (2 points above what was needed). We are right where we need to be (and far above what i had expected).

Comment

We do seem to have a tougher schedule remaining than most as we have 7 road ECAC games and only 4 home ECAC games remaining. Not that anyone is a soft touch in this league but we have to play QU twice.

If I remember correctly, in order to get a bye in the first round of the ECAC tournament, you normally have to average 1.5 points per home game (10games) and 1 point per road game (10 games) and a split with your travel partner (2 games) which equals 28 points. i am sure this formula does not work all the time but it is fairly close most of the time. So far this year we have 7 points in 6 home games (2 points less than we needed), 4 points in 4 road games (right on schedule) and a sweep of Union which has really helped (2 points above what was needed). We are right where we need to be (and far above what i had expected).
          Just for the record 1.5*10 + 1*10 + 2*1 = 27, not 28.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Just for the record 1.5*10 + 1*10 + 2*1 = 27, not 28.
            And you call us the GPA ruiners......
            Quinnipiac University '15
            ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
            ECAC Championship: 2016
            NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
            NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
            Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

In years past, it has been about 25 points needed to secure a bye. We're halfway through the schedule and slightly ahead of the pace for that (we're on 15, 4th place Harvard is on 13, 5th place Yale on 12 with a game in hand). Could it be higher this year? Perhaps, given there isn't really much of a basement dweller this year.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                In years past, it has been about 25 points needed to secure a bye. We're halfway through the schedule and slightly ahead of the pace for that (we're on 15, 4th place Harvard is on 13, 5th place Yale on 12 with a game in hand). Could it be higher this year? Perhaps, given there isn't really much of a basement dweller this year.
                Wouldn't the lack of a basement dweller mean that fewer points are necessary for a bye, not more?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Wouldn't the lack of a basement dweller mean that fewer points are necessary for a bye, not more?
                  It's possible, but based on the KRACH model that lugnut just put up, it's going to end up being a heck of a lot more than 25 needed, as the models have us finishing on 25 in 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                    And you call us the GPA ruiners......
                    Forgot to add the one road point against our travel partner to my list to make 28

Comment

Forgot to add the one road point against our travel partner to my list to make 28
                      You aid originally a split against our travel partner, not a win at home and a tie on the road. That's how I got 27.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

There's only one seat left. Rest of the tickets are SRO.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch View Post
                          There's only one seat left. Rest of the tickets are SRO.
                          And it looks like no video feed as well. Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                            And it looks like no video feed as well. Can anyone confirm this?
                            They may not have a link yet but it should be a free HD feed.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

It should appear here hopefully. http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/watch/?Live=73
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X