Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: pairwise -- post jan 8th

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
    Haha nice! There's always one of you guys...... Wait did I use enough periods??????
    i didn't complain about your grammar, punctuation or spelling, I said reading comprehension...stop drinking and ready he original post you quoted and realize he said Vermont over northeastern in hockey east final and the rest going chalk (meaning UMD losing twice) results in what he showed.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
      Northeastern fans this is your moment to shine
      Where's KRoy4Hobey? These two going at would be fun.
      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Sigh. It would have been so much fun if Vermont was still in the mix to screw up all the scenarios and give the western fans the nightmare that by the regional finals all eight remaining teams could be from New England (plus that Notre Dame mess).

I will be running some scenarios now that Cornell and Vermont have been eliminated. The remaining games tonight all involve teams that need the AQ so it won't change much. Reminder that the USCHO PairWise Predictor will be going live at the conclusion of tonight's games.

ETA: Notre Dame and Harvard are both still not safe.

Cornell, much like the old man in the Monty Python skit, is not dead yet.
        Last edited by ticapnews; 03-13-2016, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          Sigh. It would have been so much fun if Vermont was still in the mix to screw up all the scenarios and give the western fans the nightmare that by the regional finals all eight remaining teams could be from New England (plus that Notre Dame mess).

I will be running some scenarios now that Cornell and Vermont have been eliminated. The remaining games tonight all involve teams that need the AQ so it won't change much. Reminder that the USCHO PairWise Predictor will be going live at the conclusion of tonight's games.

Didn't realize the p e n I s envy of HE fans over that 2004 tournament was still so strong.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Didn't realize the p e n I s envy of HE fans over that 2004 tournament was still so strong.
            I don't give a crap about that tournament, I just think it would be a freaking riot.
            (BTW, it was 2005)

Comment

Cornell, much like the old man in the Monty Python skit, is not dead yet.
              How is Cornell not eliminated at 16 with the AHA not in the top 16?
              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
              https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Both Michigan Tech and UMD can get in without the AQ.
                Cornell is still alive.
                Yale appears to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                  How is Cornell not eliminated at 16 with the AHA not in the top 16?
                  UMD loses twice this weekend, all other AQ taken by teams already in top 14 (Michigan wins B1G)

UMD has to lose twice. A tie gets them in.
                  Last edited by ticapnews; 03-13-2016, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I don't give a crap about that tournament, I just think it would be a freaking riot.
                    (BTW, it was 2005)
                    See, I'm a western fan and I've already forgotten when it happened. It's easy.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

See, I'm a western fan and I've already forgotten when it happened. It's easy.
                      The only reason I remember it is because I took a bath on tickets.

Comment

The only reason I remember it is because I took a bath on tickets.
                        Yeah, it was bad. I remember a guy offering lower bowl tickets for $10.

Comment

UMD loses twice this weekend, all other AQ taken by teams already in top 14 (Michigan wins B1G)

UMD has to lose twice. A tie gets them in.
                          They can't tie in the first game for sure (not sure about the 3rd place game).

Go. Big. Red.
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            They can't tie in the first game for sure (not sure about the 3rd place game).

Go. Big. Red.
                            The third place game can end in a tie...at least as far as the NCAA is concerned...
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              Not having Duluth in is a crime, because out of all these teams, they have played the best hockey the last 6 weeks.
                              I'm sure there is a scenario they don't make it but I can't find it.
                              ....go get me a beer.
                              Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                              —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Yeah, it was bad. I remember a guy offering lower bowl tickets for $10.
                                I ended up giving mine to a charity through the NCAA. Got some cool pictures of kids enjoying my seats!

Comment

Working...
                                X