Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2016 Beanpot: The Sacred Quest for the Holy Grail of College Hockey in Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Smart peeps (like Mookie) call the Harvard ticket office

They NEVER sell out their allotment. No up charges.
    SHHH!! Don't tell people about this!! It's my ace-in-the-hole.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
      SHHH!! Don't tell people about this!! It's my ace-in-the-hole.
      This here is what? 12 people

HU has more than 12 empty seats
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: The 2016 Beanpot: The Sacred Quest for the Holy Grail of College Hockey in Bosto

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        Why wouldn't you just go to the Garden ticket office?
        good question,TM tacked on 15 bucks,yeah it stinks,but im more than an hour outta town so it's cheaper for me than driving in,I wish I could get in more often but thats the facts,either way Im just grateful for any NU games I can get in for esp. the Beanpot.Plus I was trying to hopefully help out Joecct and answer his question. #GoNU

Comment

Re: The 2016 Beanpot: The Sacred Quest for the Holy Grail of College Hockey in Bosto

three weeks left-get hyped! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djJRnpuDfOw #GoNU

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky View Post
            three weeks left-get hyped! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djJRnpuDfOw #GoNU
            by their faces , it looks like most of them know what's coming................just sayin. #GONU

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              by their faces , it looks like most of them know what's coming................just sayin. #GONU
              Thats funny and probably also true I understand what youre trying to say,and I am not ignorant as to NU's chances on winning this thing,on paper slim to none would be accurate.Nevertheless,in spite of the ridicule we regularly endure for being fans,I still hold on to the thin hope of victory because of the nature of hockey and because I love the team.I dare say I will wear others mockery as a "badge of courage" because I am a true fan and because Ive seen them win in at the Garden in '88' It can happen again,Yes,along with our fellow brothers I have endured many decades of "we will get em next year" decade after decade after decade.And thats life .I'm not sure that fans of the other schools would hang as long as many of us.And besides what would Mookie have to talk about if we had won it regularly.Our success rate is simply more cannon fodder for fans of other schools,Yes it grieves me to see them lose repeatedly,but one day this "dog will have its day" (again) and that day will be sweet whether it be this year or many more years in the future.All that being said,please allow me to commend NU fans,its takes a true fan to love a team that has great integrity yet such difficulty just winning games.So if anyone is a Harvard,BC or BU fan,fire away,it wont be anything else we havent heard or experienced #GoNU #BEANPOTHYPEMONTH
              Last edited by Happy Husky; 01-13-2016, 02:35 PM.

Comment

That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger. That being said, remind me to pay a visit to my cardiologist before the first Monday in February.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                  That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger. That being said, remind me to pay a visit to my cardiologist before the first Monday in February.
                  I have been known to save a ticket for my cardiologist when we are in the finals - which has been frequently in recent years. His presence has been particularly comforting during the overtime periods,

Comment

I'd sign up for 5 finals appearances every 7 years for NU. That's as many as BC has, of course we're 0-5 in the final (and each one has nearly killed me) and they're 5-0 over the last 7 years.
                    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Hey! Ticketmaster just release some lower level seats for the first Monday if anyone is still in need to tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky View Post
                        Thats funny and probably also true I understand what youre trying to say,and I am not ignorant as to NU's chances on winning this thing,on paper slim to none would be accurate.Nevertheless,in spite of the ridicule we regularly endure for being fans,I still hold on to the thin hope of victory because of the nature of hockey and because I love the team.I dare say I will wear others mockery as a "badge of courage" because I am a true fan and because Ive seen them win in at the Garden in '88' It can happen again,Yes,along with our fellow brothers I have endured many decades of "we will get em next year" decade after decade after decade.And thats life .I'm not sure that fans of the other schools would hang as long as many of us.And besides what would Mookie have to talk about if we had won it regularly.Our success rate is simply more cannon fodder for fans of other schools,Yes it grieves me to see them lose repeatedly,but one day this "dog will have its day" (again) and that day will be sweet whether it be this year or many more years in the future.All that being said,please allow me to commend NU fans,its takes a true fan to love a team that has great integrity yet such difficulty just winning games.So if anyone is a Harvard,BC or BU fan,fire away,it wont be anything else we havent heard or experienced #GoNU #BEANPOTHYPEMONTH
                        i hear ya bro and agree with you. A core of great, loyal fans, no question. It just shouldn't be this way though for you guys. There's been enough talent over there that there should have been much more success over the past 30 years especially during the first week of February when there's only two games to win but heck, BC had a stretch of 2 in 29 years and that was during a period of time where BC had some great teams so we really do understand frustration in this thing. Too bad........................ anywho, if it's not my alma mater winning it, it's always #GONU for me

Comment

2009 was probably Northeastern's best team in recent years - especially since they had Thiessen. Unfortunately, BU happened to have one of the most talented college hockey teams of all time that year. Bad timing for NU!

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                            2009 was probably Northeastern's best team in recent years - especially since they had Thiessen. Unfortunately, BU happened to have one of the most talented college hockey teams of all time that year. Bad timing for NU!
                            If Northeastern hadn't tried to sit on a 2-0 lead vs Cornell, it would have gone on to play (and probably beat) Bemidji State in the regional final. (Bemidji benefited from Notre Dame's laying an egg in the other game.) If that happened, NU would have been in the FF against Miami and who knows what might have happened? If they had taken care of business in the regionals, I'm sure NU would have been sky high to get a shot at BU in the national championship game. (IIRC, the season series with BU was a BU win at home and two ties.)

From my perspective, that loss to Cornell was the most devastating NU hockey loss in a long line of devastating NU hockey losses.
                            Last edited by Split-N; 01-15-2016, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                              If Northeastern hadn't tried to sit on a 2-0 lead vs Cornell, it would have gone on to play (and probably beat) Bemidji State in the regional final. (Bemidji benefited from Notre Dame's laying an egg in the other game.) If that happened, NU would have been in the FF against Miami and who knows what might have happened? If they had taken care of business in the regionals, I'm sure NU would have been sky high to get a shot at BU in the national championship game. (IIRC, the season series with BU was a BU win at home and two ties.)

From my perspective, that loss to Cornell was the most devastating NU hockey loss in a long line of devastating NU hockey losses.
                              You are right. It almost cost me a perfectly good TV screen. It was right down there with the 1994 NCAA loss to Lake Superior St. where the Ref missed a GWG (No review back in the mid '90s) followed by Lake St.'s fluke goal 15 seconds into OT. That was just cruel luck! Lake State went on to beat Michigan in the semis and then kicked the living carp out of bu 9-1 to win the NC. Very small consolation.
                              Last edited by HHound; 01-15-2016, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                                You are right. It almost cost me a perfectly good TV screen. It was right down there with the 1994 NCAA loss to Lake Superior St. where the Ref missed a GWG (No review back in the mid '90s) followed by Lake St.'s fluke goal 15 seconds into OT. That was just cruel luck! Lake State went on to beat Michigan in the semis and then kicked the living carp out of bu 9-1 to win the NC. Very small consolation.
                                AUGGHH!! You just had to remind me of that debacle that I had conveniently banished from my memory. Upon further review, I'd probably rate the '94 and '09 regional atrocities as tied for the most devastating losses in the lamentable history of this program. Wins would have put them on track for a possible matchup with ratdogs in national championship games and all of the attendant hoopla that would have been great for both programs. [sigh]

Comment

Working...
                                X